How To Remove Side Beading Double Tape Remains?

Thread Starter #1
My grand i10 has had the side door plastic guard readded recently and due to cheap double sided tape used it has started coming off. I hav got 3m taoe to restick it properly. But on pulling there will be double side tape stuck at many places. How to remove that so i get a clean surface to properly fix the door guards ?

Akash1886

Honoured Member
My grand i10 has had the side door plastic guard readded recently and due to cheap double sided tape used it has started coming off. I hav got 3m taoe to restick it properly. But on pulling there will be double side tape stuck at many places. How to remove that so i get a clean surface to properly fix the door guards ?
You can use kerosene oil or a bit of petrol or warm engine oil to remove the tape bits. But do not try to remove them by peeling with your nails as that might cause scratches.

Regards

Akash

Kerosene/diesel works best.
Diesel dilutes the adhesive a bit which helps in buffing it off with a little effort with a dry cloth.

Do not leave them on paint for more than 2-3 minutes. Although there is no harm, but why to take risk. [:)]

I use coconut oil and knife to remove the tape amrkings. If you are careful, it is a breeze to remove the tape marks.

I have done this multiple times for cars that were decorated for marriage purposes

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I use coconut oil and knife to remove the tape amrkings. If you are careful, it is a breeze to remove the tape marks.

I have done this multiple times for cars that were decorated for marriage purposes
Buddy, using a knife might harm the paint. Please take due care of it and as well as your hand too[:)]

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom