How To Prevent Rats Entering Inside Car?

No Ratkill or any other rat repellent worked for me, I even tried tobacco in my engine bay but didn't worked.
One of my friend suggested to keep Napthalin balls, and surprisingly this trick worked to keep rat away from my car.

I keep 5- 6 Napthalin Ball at various location in engine bay, we can temporarily fix it with tape and after regular running of car makes these balls stick to surface due to heat. usually needs fresh napthalin balls every 10-12 days. I am using this trick since past 7 months and no traces of rat so far, happy with the results.

I will suggest try this ...

Last edited:
I have been wanting to post this for a long time.
I have had rat menace unabated in both my cars for the past 10 years or so ever since the construction of a huge common sewer right in front of my house.
I have suffered multiple bites including seats in the older car and crucial wiring bites for the new car. Thankfully the rodents couldnt enter inside the cabin in the new car.
I have tried everything
The long list of items that dint work:
1.mortein,
2.tobacco balls, 3.moving position of car,
4.Installing wire mesh to prevent entry of rats inside the cabin (can you imagine?)
5.Naphthalene balls inside the cabin. (Worked for sometime but I was concerned about safety of occupants)
6.Autoshine rat spray. This one was recommended by one of the celebrated members of team bhp. It might have worked for him, but didn't for me.
Finally I sent the new car away to my acqaintance place to be parked there with me using the old car often .
Unfortunately my acquaintance shifted flat to a new place and my car got bitten nicely in the engine compartment despite having Autoshine spray sprayed all over the engine.Thanks to TATA's very economical spare parts , the bill came to about 10000 inr.

I see many people posting trivial comments or jokes about this issue..let me tell you, if your own car gets bitten, the jokes will dry up and you will spend sleepless nights. There is also the danger of fires as as well.I got fire extinguisher installed in both my cars fearing rat bite.

Finally what worked(Thank God) was installing tar brushes in line on all sides of the car.
Like the image posted below.

After about a month of using these tar brushes without rat bites for both cars , the 3M rat treatment offer came. I got that done too. Now its been 7 months , by Gods grace no bites. I did see some excreta on the fuse box twice , not sure if rat or squirrel , but no bites. Hope this is helpful.[:)]
The only inconvenience is you have to lift these brushes before you leave anywhere, but thats a small price to pay compared to the headache of rat bites.

Attachments

Last edited:
I have been wanting to post this for a long time.
I have had rat menace unabated in both my cars for the past 10 years or so ever since the construction of a huge common sewer right in front of my house.
I have suffered multiple bites including seats in the older car and crucial wiring bites for the new car. Thankfully the rodents couldnt enter inside the cabin in the new car.
I have tried everything
The long list of items that dint work:
1.mortein,
2.tobacco balls, 3.moving position of car,
4.Installing wire mesh to prevent entry of rats inside the cabin (can you imagine?)
5.Naphthalene balls inside the cabin. (Worked for sometime but I was concerned about safety of occupants)
6.Autoshine rat spray. This one was recommended by one of the celebrated members of team bhp. It might have worked for him, but didn't for me.
Finally I sent the new car away to my acqaintance place to be parked there with me using the old car often .
Unfortunately my acquaintance shifted flat to a new place and my car got bitten nicely in the engine compartment despite having Autoshine spray sprayed all over the engine.Thanks to TATA's very economical spare parts , the bill came to about 10000 inr.

I see many people posting trivial comments or jokes about this issue..let me tell you, if your own car gets bitten, the jokes will dry up and you will spend sleepless nights. There is also the danger of fires as as well.I got fire extinguisher installed in both my cars fearing rat bite.

Finally what worked(Thank God) was installing tar brushes in line on all sides of the car.
Like the image posted below.

After about a month of using these tar brushes without rat bites for both cars , the 3M rat treatment offer came. I got that done too. Now its been 7 months , by Gods grace no bites. I did see some excreta on the fuse box twice , not sure if rat or squirrel , but no bites. Hope this is helpful.[:)]
The only inconvenience is you have to lift these brushes before you leave anywhere, but thats a small price to pay compared to the headache of rat bites.

[clap] Congrachulations for repelling rodents by this innovative method.
I had faced similar problem in the month of July. I found a rat entered into my car and cut AC vent covers into pieces and died into the car. One of the service guy at MASS told me to place some wire brushes into the cabin space randomly to keep rats away. It is nice to see that you have made LaxmanRekha around your car.

Keep riding and enjoy. [:)]

I used Rodent repellent spray by 3m on the 2nd day of purchase of my Freestyle. It gets parked in paid parking area near my home. I haven't found any trace of rats yet past 4 months. It was advised by 3m to do that once a year. It costed me Rs.1000.

Top Bottom