How To Prevent Rats Entering Inside Car?

350Z

Core Team
@350Z The problem won't be solved even if he covers the car considering the rats get into the engine bay from beneath or sit on the axle atleast that is what used to happen in my Omni!
I didn’t mean that they climb up through cover. I said it because if he keeps the car covered, it’ll become a more hidden place for them to enjoy inside. And that’s what they want.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #17
i have already tried:
1. rat poison
2. trap
3. tight body cover
4. removed the cover 3 days back

need to try:
1. tobacco leaves

will never try ammonia or the other thing that renegade told[lol]
and i do not party in my car. so no business of having food, drinks etc. in the car.

@350Z
buddy, i park my car outside my home, besides the road. that place is not very clean though. unwanted plants and grass keep growing. somebody told me to keep camphor. but i think the engines heat is enough to ignite it.

Last edited:
Though you cover the car , the under body is free and its the way for the rats.

Tobacco doesnt give you cigar smell inside the cabin .

I mean tobacco leaf.

Spraying chilly powder near tires and below the engine area keeps rats away, it burns there body.

Try some in your hand if you have doubt [lol]

It helped in my estilo. It was a brand new parked inside the home. Rat menace was more.

Now the marina is bigger and not possible to park inside home. Its in road itself the whole day. Now rats don't enter this car often. Only when its parked for 5 days without opening it comes inside. That too only left side . chews nothing ! but put its waste in mat. All indigo and indica have a hole near the dash end which connects outside body, bend hard to find them . But its very small .

As i regularly use my car there is nil rat problem though its parked outside.

My area is developing and is somewhat famous for snakes . So rats must be eaten by them .
Ha Ha Ha

@ Ilingo: Snakes can also enter your car from the same places as those of rats.Imagine one day u will be driving ur car in the morning n suddenly u find a snake lying n your rare carpets. A rat can damage a part of your car but a snake will target you[evil].

@ Ilingo: Snakes can also enter your car from the same places as those of rats.Imagine one day u will be driving ur car in the morning n suddenly u find a snake lying n your rare carpets. A rat can damage a part of your car but a snake will target you[evil].
That is highly unlikely. Snakes dont like hot places or places that are not cool enough, They are cold blooded. They also dont target you as such but only act out in defence when you enter their personal space by accident or ignorance.

Guys,

Today my car washer person informed me that last night there was sound coming from my bonnet. I checked immediately for RATs and guess what, the rat was still in bonnet. I started my engine and then only it left the car. I checked the car bonnet and drove a small distance too. Everything seems fine, but taking the car to Service center for a check up.
I have gone through the article, where to get the Tobacco leaves???

Guys,

Today my car washer person informed me that last night there was sound coming from my bonnet. I checked immediately for RATs and guess what, the rat was still in bonnet. I started my engine and then only it left the car. I checked the car bonnet and drove a small distance too. Everything seems fine, but taking the car to Service center for a check up.
I have gone through the article, where to get the Tobacco leaves???
buddy maybe you can get it from any pan corner shop!

I am lucky that nothing has happed to the CAR [:)]

RAT has tried to cut one IRON part in bonnet, as the ASS guy showed me the marks.
But nothing harm done !!

I am lucky that nothing has happed to the CAR [:)]

RAT has tried to cut one IRON part in bonnet, as the ASS guy showed me the marks.
But nothing harm done !!
You are lucky enough ,the rat cut some iron part in bonnet.
Try tobacco leaf, place it inside the bonnet particularly near the wiring bunches. Change the tobacco leaf periodically say 2 weeks duration.

I have heard from one of the SA that if you switch on the "fresh air" mode in A/C it opens up a vent for air, through which rats can easily enter. Always make sure that the "Fresh Air" mode is turned off when you park the car.

I have faced this problem more often. Rats enter my engine bay and so far chewed the air filter twice. I have the habbit of periodically cleaning the filter and found the air filter bay filled with rat ****. Then noticed the air filter paper was bitten at many places. Had to change it in the first instance and the current filter is sealed with the help of cello tape since the bite marks are at only one segment. I put rat poison inside the bonnet and sprayed the underbody with old engine oil. I dont face the rat problem for quite a while. Not sure this is a permanent fix. You can give it a try

Top Bottom