How To Improve Battery Life of Android Phones?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Hi,

It looks like more a myth rather a scientific reasoning. How would removing battery after full charge would result into high life cycle per charge [confused]
nopes. i didn't mean that. i never mentioned it will increase your backup but his battery graph showed irregular ups and downs so i told him to follow what i mentioned.

if you want good battery backup as well as good battery life , charge your phone as soon as it reaches 50%. this is for sure.

My Moto G's battery is draining very quickly-please help

My father bought the Motorola G in September 2014.lately,for couple of months ,the phone is not working properly ,was not responding and the speed decreased.Now for the last one week,the battery drains from 100% to 0% within one night.This has became a problem as I set my alarms in my phone.What can be the reason for this problem?Please help.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Re: My Moto G's battery is draining very quickly-please help

Is your phone using Android systems?
Normally Android system eats more battery than others.

Are you sure the battery is fully charging?
If after a full night's charging, you notice that your smartphone battery drains super-fast, then it's worth checking first thing in the morning whether it actually fully charges. If not, then you're looking at a defective charger.

More active applications drain the battery fast. (Google Play Services consumes a lot of battery. Unfortunately, you can't stop it because it's a crucial Android feature which lets your apps communicate with each other on your phone. Still, you can bring it under control).

Go to Settings > Applications > All > Google Play Services . Here, tap the Clear cache button. This should refresh Google Play Service and stop it draining your battery. Repeat this process once a month.

Get rid of unwanted (not most important) applications which will save battery power.

If you are using 3G or 4G service and if Your carrier doesn’t have 4G /3G coverage in your area or low/bad signal, then your phone uses more battery.

If none of the above reasons, then your battery may be dying..!!

Is your phone using Android systems?
Normally Android system eats more battery than others.

Are you sure the battery is fully charging?
If after a full night's charging, you notice that your smartphone battery drains super-fast, then it's worth checking first thing in the morning whether it actually fully charges. If not, then you're looking at a defective charger.

More active applications drain the battery fast. (Google Play Services consumes a lot of battery. Unfortunately, you can't stop it because it's a crucial Android feature which lets your apps communicate with each other on your phone. Still, you can bring it under control).

Go to Settings > Applications > All > Google Play Services . Here, tap the Clear cache button. This should refresh Google Play Service and stop it draining your battery. Repeat this process once a month.

Get rid of unwanted (not most important) applications which will save battery power.

If you are using 3G or 4G service and if Your carrier doesn’t have 4G /3G coverage in your area or low/bad signal, then your phone uses more battery.

If none of the above reasons, then your battery may be dying..!!
Thanks for the suggestion Nairrk.My phone's a Android(6.1 marshmallow)Before I go to sleep,I charge my phone completely so that at morning,the alarm rings without any problem.Nope,I don't have any 3G/4G services.Right now,I am posting in my Moto G ;it's reading 82% charge. I had this problem in previous Micromax Canvas A1,when it fell into the water.I got the battery replaced recently and now it's OK.But,my Moto G never fell into the water.I will see whether battery needs replacement.

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member

I am having the Gionee s5.1 and before software upgrade the battery used to hold on 3/4 days (normal use - No music, no camera usage,not much use of internet etc). Phone got upgraded to Amigo 3.1 and since then the battery used to drain very fast. I have then removed unwanted applications, stopped the smart gesture feature etc and now the phone battery is back to the original strength and its still going good.

One question : Do unused (but only installed) apps cause battery drain?

Nairrk

Honoured Member

Yes I think, Application which are used or not used use power. I heard that Google applications are the one eat most of the battery. Also GPS, Screen Gestures,Wifi etc eat more power if kept ON all the time.!

Top Bottom