How To Improve Battery Life of Android Phones?

if you really want to improve the battery life, you should

1. root the phone
2. remove the stock apps draining battery
3. you don't need to use a task killer app for most of the smaller apps
4. set the brightness value to low
5. unless necessary choose GSM over UMTS
6. turn off wifi, BT,. GPS etc when not using
7. tweak th OS
8. choose a lighter Home launcher
9. don't use heavy third party apps for SMS, camera, etc
10. use an offline calendar instead of the stock one
11. turn off background syncing unless you need it

i did the above in a 2 year old Samsung Galaxy i7500 and got 3 full days with moderate calls, little wifi, good number of texts, EDGE browsing sometimes, a few snaps and video and approx 10-15 min GPS navigation.

i use juice deffender and it works fine .Another point i keep my phone in 2G mode and switch to 3 G only when badly needed speed of net. 3G is real battery drainer.[cry]

if you really want to improve the battery life, you should

1. root the phone
2. remove the stock apps draining battery
3. you don't need to use a task killer app for most of the smaller apps
4. set the brightness value to low
5. unless necessary choose GSM over UMTS
6. turn off wifi, BT,. GPS etc when not using
7. tweak th OS
8. choose a lighter Home launcher
9. don't use heavy third party apps for SMS, camera, etc
10. use an offline calendar instead of the stock one
11. turn off background syncing unless you need it

i did the above in a 2 year old Samsung Galaxy i7500 and got 3 full days with moderate calls, little wifi, good number of texts, EDGE browsing sometimes, a few snaps and video and approx 10-15 min GPS navigation.
thats exactly i was about to say as well and this really helps try it out and see the difference.but dont expect a marathon like battery life for android handsets.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
for sony phones switch off mobile bravia engine, you will definitely see good improvements
bravia engine is only used when viewing pics and videos and not for the display itself. but yeah some people have reported turning it on even if any media is noy used consumes more battery , maybe a software glitch.

Last edited:
bravia engine is only used when viewing pics and videos and not for the display itself. but yeah some people have reported turning it on even if any media is noy used consumes more battery , maybe a software glitch.
yes, with bravia engine on and 25% brightness. my phone gives 20 hrs max[frustration]. with bravia engine off , it gave more than a day ( may be 26 hrs[:D])

Like Duster said, Juice Defender has been a battery saver for me as well, if you want to unlock more things on your phone then you need to root it, apart from this droidwall which is the firewall for android released by google will help disable apps from running or collecting your data in the background

Few things which i use

smart actions - it is a stock app in my razr and pretty handy to save battery and get more out of ur phone.
memory booster - hv set it to level 3 boost and autoboost to kill all unwanted apps when device locks. make use of the whitelist to keep other mandatory apps running.
1 tap cleaner - cache cleaner, must have if you use the net, gaming or otherwise.
screen off - with a button on my homescreen, i shut the screen off, dont wait for the mandatory 15 or 30 second delay.
cpu sleeper - it shuts done one core when ur phone is asleep. decent battery saver,

also u can swipe end the running apps by pressing the home button for a few seconds. keep the list empty in there. feature available in ICS and JB.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
when the battery gets cooler a rise is normal but that much doesn't seems normal.

charge your battery till 100% , remove the battery for 5 minutes then again charge the batter to 100% if it decreased.

Thread Starter #29

350Z

Core Team
It appears as if my Android’s power back up has improved after replacing the malfunctioned SD Card. Note the usage is still same as earlier.

Drive Safe,
350Z

when the battery gets cooler a rise is normal but that much doesn't seems normal.

charge your battery till 100% , remove the battery for 5 minutes then again charge the batter to 100% if it decreased.
i did this calibrations but nothing is working . sony says (may be members in that forum) that its due to bugs in firmware. waiting for ICS

Top Bottom