How To Handle 'All Time' High Beam Users?

yesterday I faced the wrath of a moron biker who was riding with blue lights! no I'm not talking about blue tinted bulbs or even blue HIDs! it was pure monochromatic blue light and it hit my eyes like a lazer or something. I had to blink my eyes a lot. I felt like stopping and giving a tight punch but I was traveling with family so...
Most of us feel the same way bhvm. There's only one way to avoid such High Class people; I let them pass in City limits.

Hard time is foggy and rainy nights were visibility is low and your blind by highbeamers.
I always thought they (blue/white light guys) will be suffering in fog or mist. Yellow light and Low beam are the most ideal in Fog. Light from high beam are reflected or scattered back towards own car making them totally useless.

... But I have observed people driving on highways (Read truck drivers) and aged taxi drivers have better discipline in this regard.
Not only that, they also know how to drive at night. The technique is NOT to look at them and try to capture (in mind) the road ahead. Keep looking at whatever you CAN SEE and keep driving. If on doubt, slow down (put your hand out & up and sound horn too to alert the driver behind, if needed). One MUST know where exactly are the LEFT/RIGHT Tyres to do this. As you have observed, Bus/Lorry Drivers generally Dip when I give them tik-tik. Its 50-50 with private vehicles.

Last edited:
i have literally done this on ring road and DND flyway. when ever there is high beam car behind me i slowly turn my car to 10Km and stop it like engine is gone off. then i open my door go the person and tell him or she to get out from the car to see something wrong with there headlight and show then this high beam which meant for highway not the city drive.... i have also heard the statement '' are ye hota hai kya gari mei '' [cry] feel like to cry on the educated people.

My 2 Cents!!

Windshields are tinted with 3M Sun film CR70 [for the front] and CR50 to all the other sides. The service person was kind of enough to have the orvm's tinted as well. The tint serves well to keep the car cool and reduce the light intensity though I had to shell good money on the installation! You can definitely try this!
Won't it break the law of clear glass?
If not then I too want to think of it.
High beams are rally a pain specially taxi guys.

Geniuses [clown] with permanent High Beam have been a constant irritant ever since I started driving...
Anyone who has traveled along the Bangalore ORR would agree it's quite sufficiently well lit enough that High Beams never occur as a necessity..
I'm particularly crossed with the so called educated lot of the driving population, driving with High beam.. if that's not enough.. they do it with HID lamps and the white lamps...[frustration]literally giving seizures.. there have been many instances of me getting blinded and it really gives me goosebumps thinking of mishaps that can occur in that duration.

I mostly try to flash at such geniuses coming from the opposite side..
Really want a feasible comeback at gentlemen driving behind..
I think rear fog lamps and Day/Night IRVM would be a good option though ORVMs also reflect lot of light directly..
any idea how much that would cost me along with fitment?

The day when I'm going to get pissed off, I will fix a fog lamp(Preferably hella rectangular one) in the rear door and when that idiotic high beamer tails me, will just switch on the light and leave him there, if he asks, will just show him the sticker "Switch off high-beams at night"!!! or a similar sentence to offend him will be stuck.

^^ Does that seem awkward?

Thread Starter #98
Rear Fog Lamps as well as Day/Night IRVM
Day/Night IRVM is standard in most cars, if NOT they don't cost much. I remember replacing one for around 600 INR. Fog lamps, you mean the one put on front (fix them on rear to take a revenge) or the proper rear fog lamps?

Day/Night IRVM is standard in most cars, if NOT they don't cost much. I remember replacing one for around 600 INR. Fog lamps, you mean the one put on front (fix them on rear to take a revenge) or the proper rear fog lamps?
how much would the proper rear fog lamps cost....

Regarding the Day/Night IRVM.. Eon doesn't have factory fitted ones..so I'll go for the aftermarket ones... 600Rs. well invested I'll feel [;)]..

bhvm

Honoured Member
I had a 80Km trip to nearby city with my Blue Boy i10, as the XUV was out.
Usual semi-rural roads, 2 lane and with a lot of Potholes and Speedbreakers.

And ofcourse! High beamers coming in like missiles! No matter how I flashed my Lights, never did they bother. I think only 10% vehicles did dip their beams after repeated flashing. Some member in this thread earlier suggested using a Horn melody maker for haphazard flashing of Headlamps, Wish I had it at that time[frustration]

Overall, my brain put up a thought,
"Is there some glare necessary"?

My i10 has Factory 55/60W lamps with a dismal 1100 Lumens per side (2200 Lumens in all).I don't think they generate any excess glare even on High beam mode.
On the other hand, My XUV has lights Augmented with LED high beam assists and puts out a Total of 6000 Lumens (2K Factory, 4K LED). And One flash is all it takes to bring any high beamer to its knees. I do assume that the LEDs might be too bright for anyone to handle. Thankfully they're in right hands.

So the question stands again,
is there a little Glare required to Make these fools 'BOW' down? No one bothers a factory 60W Bulb.[anger]

Last edited:
When we see any high beam we can just give 2-3 upper dipper as a request for lowering the beam, other than this we are helpless. The only solution here is not to stare at the beams !!

Some people's (mostly 2 wheeler's) keep all there lights off and drive, don't know what they want to achieve by doing this. Due to no lights they are difficult to spot in RVM, somebody needs to tell them that they are not contributing to "Save Electricity" by doing so !!

... One flash is all it takes to bring any high beamer to its knees. I do assume that the LEDs might be too bright for anyone to handle. Thankfully they're in right hands.

So the question stands again,
is there a little Glare required to Make these fools 'BOW' down? No one bothers a factory 60W Bulb.[anger]
Answer is in your comment itself.
In the right hands, Yes. In fools' hands NO. Going by most comments in TAI, there are plenty fools with Driving License, thanks to our beloved RTOs.

PS: I had a license to drive LMV for 7 Yrs; without knowing what the three pedals down there are for; Issued from UP. Infer whatever you want to infer from this [evil]

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
hmm... so what methods shall we suggest to increase some glare on high beams so that I can make the idiots bow?

LEDS are far too expensive for that.

hmm... so what methods shall we suggest to increase some glare on high beams so that I can make the idiots bow?

LEDS are far too expensive for that.
Why not copy paste "LED high beam assist" idea from your XUV [;)]

But, if that LED throws white light, will it be of use to you in other situ when you need extra light ?

Top Bottom