How To Handle 'All Time' High Beam Users?

The most problem you will face while driving in the 2 way lane.
With 4 way it is manageable.But in 2 way it is really annoying, but again ,what I have felt is,if the traffic flow is very heavy how much time you are going to toggle between dipper and head.After some time you will feel like either you drive on Head or dipper. But the problem with dipper is you can not see the road ahead and you will have to automatically switch to head.

we should be having a technology that would switch from high beam to low beam if any vehicle approaches,
Though it's a good thought out plan, it's a short term remedy. The long term remedy lies with nothing but education. Educating the driver is the best, they in turn would educate other ignorant drivers. [;)]

Re: How To Handle 'All Time' High Beam Users who are behind you?

Now with no tint on our cars ,its gets even more annoying when the guy behind you keeps his high beam on. How are you gonna tell him,even in crawling traffic.
When i sit at signals there is always one moron among the two or three cars behind me with high beam.
Quad-Row-Heavy-Duty-Off-Road-App.jpg LED_Quad_Off_Road_Light.jpg

For members who are really annoyed & who have cars like Innova or scorpion where you can place a high mounted lamp can go for this setup facing back wards,obviously something economic like Neolight would be advised.

For cars like example Verna or Vento which have bootlid number plates can go for blinking red led lights placed at bootlid level to annoy the high beamer behind you.
1386223214_540491679_1-Pictures-of--Universal-F1-Formula-style-12-LED-Tail-Third-Brake-Stop-Ligh.jpg
Seems like a economical choice also,you can add a switch to turn it on if you want & have a little sign next to it like "idiots use high beam" as seen some pages back.
Guess these cost 1400 & i have noticed when at eye level in car in front they can be annoying especially when they are in blinking mode.

Oh no - this equipment is on sale on ebay and tradus. It is just a flasher. I have seen it physically installed in some cars.

I remember that way back when I used to drive a ZEN, I had installed a single fog lamp behind only for the purposes of reversing in night with good view. After a few days, it started to double up as a solution to this menace on highways [;)] Mine was installed with a separate switch on the dashboard and hence could on/off as required. Think of getting same done with my ES now. A powerful light into the eyes - dazzling effect - gets the high beam to low beam instantly without fuss with a flick of switch (though not advisable), But still.

Last edited:
I sometimes feel carrying eggs and throw on the windshields of morons driving with high beams.But I have changed to 90/100,the moment I put on high beam most change to low beam but there are idiots who won't.Feel like buying truck and run over such jerks

Now with no tint on our cars ,its gets even more annoying when the guy behind you keeps his high beam on. How are you gonna tell him,even in crawling traffic.
When i sit at signals there is always one moron among the two or three cars behind me with high beam.
View attachment 121095 View attachment 121096
The idea seems brilliant, but taking these steps is quite unnecessary because the usual drivers i see with high beams are aged people ~50 or people who has learnt driving recently and they(aged people) usually forget to switch to low beams, we can't blame them too as they will be earning their daily bread in those vehicles (most of the times).

Best way is to install day/night IRVM which will cost much lesser than the lamps which you posted and which helps a lot.

Best way is to install day/night IRVM which will cost much lesser than the lamps which you posted and which helps a lot.
Internal Rear View Mirror (IRVM)
The effective solution for high beam light from behind. The black extension downside of the IRVM, push downwards for night view. The high beam from opposite side, simply put high beam to oncoming vehicles. The driver with some commonsense may get the signal, and put dim. The highways in most of the other countries are properly illuminated, and hence no need for high beam. The roads in gulf region are properly laid with sufficient lighting during night. We hardly use high beam, and horns.
DSC03019.JPG

The idea seems brilliant, but taking these steps is quite unnecessary because the usual drivers i see with high beams are aged people ~50 or people who has learnt driving recently and they(aged people) usually forget to switch to low beams, we can't blame them too as they will be earning their daily bread in those vehicles (most of the times).

Bro it was just a tongue in cheek response, i actually stumbled on these spread lights cos i am in process of acquiring a Mahindra Thar,i was looking for an all round spread set up.,But we got to educate them.Can cost some their life.,i nearly lost mine early morning almost driving into a dug up roadwork. But somehow these people feel they can be rude & foul language anyone who verbally warn them against the hazards. And i beg to differ (i respect your views)not all are middle aged,just clumsy drivers of all ages.Those Tata Aces are just begging to get run over.[:)]

Internal Rear View Mirror (IRVM)
The effective solution for high beam light from behind. The black extension downside of the IRVM, push downwards for night view. The high beam from opposite side, simply put high beam to oncoming vehicles. The driver with some commonsense may get the signal, and put dim. The highways in most of the other countries are properly illuminated, and hence no need for high beam. The roads in gulf region are properly laid with sufficient lighting during night. We hardly use high beam, and horns.
View attachment 121138
I have !!!!auto dim center mirrors but the outer side mirrors arent. I use the electric adjust side mirrors to adjust the high beam away from my eyes when crawling in traffic.
I studied in a christian school and there is a classic saying.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.[glasses]
Its time some one teaches them know [;)]

Last edited:
The private buses and amateur car drivers are putting the high beam. You can notice in bangalore these guys will start putting the high beam from evening.

if you have powerful headlamp just blink twice or thrice it works for me. On highways on single road i always tail gate big Lorry or Bus to aviod high beam light.

bhvm

Honoured Member
yesterday I faced the wrath of a moron biker who was riding with blue lights!
no I'm not talking about blue tinted bulbs or even blue HIDs! it was pure monochromatic blue light and it hit my eyes like a lazer or something. I had to blink my eyes a lot. I fely like stopping and giving a tight punch but I was traveling with family so...

@bhvm yes I see a lot of such lights daily. I am a night driver. We can't do much about it other than learning how to not focus it and concentrate on every bit of visiblity left. Hard time is foggy and rainy nights were visiblity is low and your blind by highbeamers.

My mom always ask me when I am driving at night in 2 way lanes in my hometown, "Why you always doing this 'tik-tik' thing, the others are not playing with their lights as you do?". I give her a blunt look with my eyes, yellow and partially blind by high beams![lol]. I think many people don't know why there are 2 lights and when to use them, I strongly believe awareness campaigns can change this to some extend. Its a fact that 9 out of 10 drivers don't bother to toggle between lights. Then comes blinding HIDs, annoying blue/ red flickering lights etc etc. It becomes really difficult in some 2 way zigzag roads in Kerala, where you cannot see the road with a low beam but there will be a long queue of vehicles coming from the opposite direction. But I have observed people driving on highways (Read truck drivers) and aged taxi drivers have better discipline in this regard.

Last edited:

Top Bottom