How To Handle 'All Time' High Beam Users?

Many car user are not aware of what is high beam and what is low beam.They only know that,if they will switch on that particular switch, then a light comes out from front. Many here I mean to say most the people are cabby driver,taxi driver etc. How they are going to be educated by this.
If you will notice, the most high beam user are cab,taxi,office bus(small,big). Ahh,forgot to mention they also know one more switch flashing the light.They are very good at that but they did not learn high beam and low beam.

Here's what I do.

For oncoming vehicles with High beams:
I try and flash the high beams to get their attention. Some people do switch back to low beams but others still continue with high beams. In such cases, I too switch my high beams. When I see any oncoming cars with low beams, I make sure that my beams are low.

For vehicles behind mine with high beams:
As soon as I see a vehicle with high beams behind me, I slow down immediately and let them pass. Then I go behind them and switch on my high beams. Just to make sure that they taste their own medicine. Many times, people understand what they did was wrong and they allow me to pass (I use projectors with HIDs and I know they can tolerate the high beams). In one case, I did the same and on approaching a closed railway cross the driver who used high beams approached my car and asked what kind of lights I was using and said the lights were really powerful and irritating. I just told him that this is how it feels for others when you drive with high beams.

COme on be realistic.

Slogans never helps. If so I would have slapped everywhere "Only Idiot promote corruption".

Why not an appeal in Change.org ?

Last edited:
For vehicles behind mine with high beams:
As soon as I see a vehicle with high beams behind me, I slow down immediately and let them pass. Then I go behind them and switch on my high beams. Just to make sure that they taste their own medicine. Many times, people understand what they did was wrong and they allow me to pass (I use projectors with HIDs and I know they can tolerate the high beams). In one case, I did the same and on approaching a closed railway cross the driver who used high beams approached my car and asked what kind of lights I was using and said the lights were really powerful and irritating. I just told him that this is how it feels for others when you drive with high beams.
Nice story, so these HID's have a purpose other than styling too! Serves him right.

@gears1313,
Please join the 'Sticker designing' team of TAI. I think you can contribute a lot to them.
Looks very attractive.

My 2 Cents!!

Windshields are tinted with 3M Sun film CR70 [for the front] and CR50 to all the other sides. The service person was kind of enough to have the orvm's tinted as well. The tint serves well to keep the car cool and reduce the light intensity though I had to shell good money on the installation! You can definitely try this!
But are tinted films allowed? As per SC directive, we should not install them.

May I buy some off from you? *smiles*

Are you willing to sell the stickers. Would want some Bangalore executives/cab drivers/bus drivers to be aware of how idiotic they are.

Wonderful Creation. I need the first one.
Yes I have to admit they are beautiful. And very striking. I am sure the idiots behind us would notice it, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to Bangalore Airport yesterday around 11PM. From PESIT College till Airport, 90% of the vehicle had high beam. Most of the inward vehicle had high beam. I literally could not see road most of the time. Co-Brother was telling me also to turn on high beam which i refused. I think even Police can not do much ! (Roads are still in bad condition-improved than last time. Lots of diversion)

A pair of big auxiliary lamps can be fitted with the focus towards oncoming traffic. The lights then have to be connected using a relay with a horn melody maker. As soon as we face a high-beamer. Just turn on the lights. The melody maker will make the lights flash like strobes that too in different styles.
The high beamer will surely then switch to low beams.

PS: This idea is for fun/discussion only. Implementing this may trouble the oncoming driver.

I realized the rear fog light on my i20 is bright,there was a Sumo cab with high beam behind me.When i lit the rear fog in traffic it was hitting the guy in the face(saw it in mirror).

What if a strobe light was added to the rear fog.

Top Bottom