How To Handle 'All Time' High Beam Users?

My New TB 350 has solution for it. As all you know, the water tanker drivers are notorious in Bangalore for driving with high beams.
Two days back, I just tried to test the Projector Low beam HL of my new TB on a tanker came with high beam opposite to me in a narrow road.
For my surprise, he honked few times and put low beam desperately because my TB's head lamp (High beam) was focusing directly to his face.
Thanks Royal Enfield for such a powerful headlamp this time [clap].
Yeah but we cant use a thunderbirds headlamp in our cars to warn others.
Useful and practical solutions would be appreciated.
And I think its illegal to drive in highbeam here.

From my personal experience, not all guys on full-beam are on it intentionally. Sometimes I realize with shock that I am on full-beam. It normally happens after I have flashed my lights(panic flashing) on opposite traffic for giving me space. The knob shifts to high beam automatically due to its momentum while returning back to rest position![frustration]. I would realize it only on my next attempt to use indicator.

I normally try not to look directly in the high beams and concentrate on the left of it or in the rear lights of the vehicle in front of me and keep flashing my High beams for such idiots... many times they take the hint and go in low beams many times they dont, and i have seen some drivers who dont even know the concept of high beam and low beam.

For the idiots traveling behind me and when I am on my bike I keep the RVMS a bit tilted so that whenever I have to change the lane I just lean a bit forward and have a glance or sometimes I try to block the beam with the help of my elbows.

In car I have the Day/Night IRVM but the ORVMs are normal which definitely is annoying.

For the future I am planning to install Hella Fog lamps big round ones with 100W HID/Halogens for those type of idiots and some highway and ghats night driving.

This is something that irritates me. Well last week itself i was coming from Merrut to Moradabad and there was this guy in an Indigo with UK no. plate driving behind me with full lights (high beam) i slowed down so that he passes. After 10 mins somehow the same guy is behind me with high beams. I increased the speed to 110, was driving earlier around 80-90. The guy did the same thing and i again gave him way so that he passes me, but he won't.
Now that irritated me a so much that i literally slowed down to 60 and than came behind him and decreased the gap to the minimal between us and put my headlights at full and drove like that for almost 5-10 kms.
Now the guy understood and tried to slow down and reduced his speed to 70, i did the same. Then to 60 i did the same.
After driving around for around 8-10 kms like that i overtook him and pushed my throttle. The guy tried to come behind me but the roads were clear and empty and he was no where to be seen after 2 mins.

Last edited:
@Singh890,

What you did, though tit-for-tat, was risky. Such things usually lead to road-rage incidents.

I try to see my part of the road. Therz nothing you can do to put off these highbeamers. I someone is following me with a high beam on, I let him pass me. If hez hell bent on following me, then I shift my IRVM to night set up (now present in every car).

One thing I've noticed. This problem with highbeamers usually happens between dusk and 9-10 pm. After that, the traffic usually is civilized (comparatively).

AND if you ask people about the situation, majority will reply " Usaully others dont use low beam, so I too dont use it." Thats one irresponsible reply you can get. All I say to them is you do your bit.

Last edited:
This is something that irritates me. Well last week itself i was coming from Merrut to Moradabad and there was this guy in an Indigo with UK no. plate driving behind me with full lights (high beam) i slowed down so that he passes. After 10 mins somehow the same guy is behind me with high beams. I increased the speed to 110, was driving earlier around 80-90. The guy did the same thing and i again gave him way so that he passes me, but he won't.
Now that irritated me a so much that i literally slowed down to 60 and than came behind him and decreased the gap to the minimal between us and put my headlights at full and drove like that for almost 5-10 kms.
Now the guy understood and tried to slow down and reduced his speed to 70, i did the same. Then to 60 i did the same.
After driving around for around 8-10 kms like that i overtook him and pushed my throttle. The guy tried to come behind me but the roads were clear and empty and he was no where to be seen after 2 mins.
These road bullies are common in india especially the north.

we should be having a technology that would switch from high beam to low beam if any vehicle approaches,

how does this sounds if anyone driving with high beam on their HID headlamps which is not needed and the person should be driving in the first place if not he should check his eyes properly.

@Singh890,

What you did, though tit-for-tat, was risky. Such things usually lead to road-rage incidents.

I try to see my part of the road. Therz nothing you can do to put off these highbeamers. I someone is following me with a high beam on, I let him pass me. If hez hell bent on following me, then I shift my IRVM to night set up (now present in every car).

One thing I've noticed. This problem with highbeamers usually happens between dusk and 9-10 pm. After that, the traffic usually is civilized (comparatively).

AND if you ask people about the situation, majority will reply " Usaully others dont use low beam, so I too dont use it." Thats one irresponsible reply you can get. All I say to them is you do your bit.
I know buddy what i did was tit for tat and not exactly the right thing BUT i did give him 3-4 passes to move on and the guy didn't and was behind me with High Beams. Which was really irritating. So i applied the sane thing on him and then he must have realized how it feels.

Tinting the ORVMs, how efficient and safe is it?
I had mentioned in the previous post that i leads to fogging in the rain more than usual,But i plan to give a try on my friends car before i try them on mine [:)],but i have some relief with vlt 70 tints on the windows
we should be having a technology that would switch from high beam to low beam if any vehicle approaches,
That simple tech all ready exists in most decent European cars,the auto headlight sensor also senses opp car light & switches between High & low,You have it as option on basic models but standard on mid & high end variants like cars like Range Rover Evoque etc

@singh890
Its alright buddy no matter if it was wrong or right you probably you showed him how many people he was irritating.

But what takes the cake is senseless honkers,tailing with high beams especially when there is no space to go or move to.[anger]

Most of the people has less knowledge on low/High beams.
They select the brighter one and will drive on it.
If a fog lamp is available then they will switch on that too.
If the police is strict on this rule and fine the hi-beam usrers frequently then there is a chance of awareness on this.

Most of the people has less knowledge on low/High beams.
They select the brighter one and will drive on it.
If a fog lamp is available then they will switch on that too.
If the police is strict on this rule and fine the hi-beam usrers frequently then there is a chance of awareness on this.
+100 to that.
If police takes some action on this then there is a probability that people will get aware and avoid using high beams all the time. Same way it happens back in US you are not supposed to use high beams if a vehicle is 500 meters in front of you.

I heard through a friend of mine about a spectacle designed to diminish the high light intensity so as to protect the eyes, these lenses are not designed for high beam driving but I would like to share this just in-case if someone here had already tried it.

As someone mentioned in the post, many do not know the difference between high/low beam light. They do not understand Low beams are better in heavy traffic roads.

Problem is they are not taught by any driving school. They do not read car manual (those who own the vehicle). Even lorry drivers shift from high to low when they approach.

If someone comes from behind with high beam ON, i just let him pass. I just drive behind him for 100-500m with high beam on to make him understand how it feels. Later, i switch to low beam.

Top Bottom