How To Get Original RC Card From First Owner?

Thread Starter #16
I have sent him few SMSs and told him will wait for your call till tomorrow else I will proceed with legal action.
Meanwhile, my brother took incharge and called him from his mobile number and spoke to him. He told him how angry I am on him, and all the next consequences going to happen. He yielded and gave a deadline of next wednesday to handover the new RC after hypothecation lift off from RTO.

Basing on this I have composed a mail and shot it to his mailbox. This should be acting as one more good warning and as a proof of what he has been doing in last 12 months.

Here it is (names masked for secrecy purposes):
Hi Seller,

This is regarding vehicle KTM DUke 200 hypothecation lifting in RTO and issuance of new RC card.

You have sold the vehicle KTM DUke 200 white colour to me on 03/04/2015 for an amount of Rs.1,10,000/- . The full amount has been transferred to you via NEFT transaction on the same date above regarding which the details can be obtained from the respective banks (ie., from my bank and from your bank).

This deal was done at your then office premesis whose address is as below:
Bharti Airtel Ltd,
55, Divyashree towers,
Bannerghatta Main Road
Bangalore 560029

The one named Mr.myBrother, was the witness for this deal and the same was present at the time of the deal at the above said location. I am herewith attaching the letter of sale signed dully by you and by me on the date of sale.

I have not received original RC card of your bike which is a mandatory document to be handed over once you sell your bike since 12 months!!! Even after innumerable calls in all these 12 months, there was no any sort of action from your side to handover the RC after lifting hypothecation from jayanagar RTO.

As per your telephonic conversation with my brother today (ie., 02/March/2016), you have given the deadline of next wednesday (ie., 09/March/2016) to handover me the original RC after lifting the hypothecation from Jayanagar RTO.

After final date of 09/March/2016 we will be entitled to go ahead with the legal procedure on you to obtain the same.

I will not call you again in this regard from now on.

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hope he will handover the RC card on/or before 9th of March.

One thing I still cant understand:

Why he has taken all these time to arrange the RC card ? (for him there is no benefit in keeping the RC with him all these days)

May be he has not settled the Loan on time to the bank. If he has actually paid the full loan amount long back then Bank NOC might have already been expired (I heard most bank give 3 months validity for the NOC). As such he need to approach the Bank again for a NOC ? Is that because he is asking time till 9th March??

Or he lost the RC and now trying to take a duplicate RC from RTO??

Total confusion [confused]

Thread Starter #18
Nairrk,

He even has settled the loan just after 4 days after I transferring the amount, and i have the settled NOC copy from Bajaj Finance.

He merely is showing negligence and laziness. He had some issues in his office and all sorts of things. Agreed he is busy, but negligence and laziness prevailed over him.

Initially he gave it to one agent, who fooled him for few months. He could not fully follow up with him because of the above said prevailing factors.

Later, one month back he genuinely went and approached some other person who works in RTO office itself, and again he is not following up with him due to the above said prevailing factors.

Finally, this is the current situation we are now.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Nairrk,

He even has settled the loan just after 4 days after I transferring the amount, and i have the settled NOC copy from Bajaj Finance.

He merely is showing negligence and laziness. He had some issues in his office and all sorts of things. Agreed he is busy, but negligence and laziness prevailed over him.

Initially he gave it to one agent, who fooled him for few months. He could not fully follow up with him because of the above said prevailing factors.

Later, one month back he genuinely went and approached some other person who works in RTO office itself, and again he is not following up with him due to the above said prevailing factors.

Finally, this is the current situation we are now.
Is the NOC copy, which you have got, has any Expiry date written ???
If, yes then another headache to get a fresh NOC from the Bank.!!

Thread Starter #20
Is the NOC copy, which you have got, has any Expiry date written ???
If, yes then another headache to get a fresh NOC from the Bank.!!
Not sure, if that is the case, all headaches are his now. Let him pay for his laziness and negligence.

I will only want a new RC with hypothecation lifted in RTO [:D]

Here I can see two pending task with regard to RC.
1) Removal of hypothecation.
2) Name transfer.
Instead of closing these task as two different things. Why don’t you get these done in one shot?
Doing things at once will save time and money.

Thread Starter #22
Here I can see two pending task with regard to RC.
1) Removal of hypothecation.
2) Name transfer.
Instead of closing these task as two different things. Why don’t you get these done in one shot?
Doing things at once will save time and money.
Yes, what you see is right. You can save money when you club them togather.

But the first task is already in progress from the first owner side. Once he finishes it and gets the new RC card on his name and hand it over to me I will proceed with task no 2.

Thread Starter #23
Now he himself calls my brother and updates the status. Whenever my brother calls, he actively picks up the call. What a change beating legally makes in our country to moral-less people!!!

Has the issue been resolved or still no. it takes only half an hour to cancel the hypothecation once all the papers are submitted not more than that.

Once you have cancelled it the bextract will show a start date and end date of hypothecation.

Moral of the story is,approach the RTO yourself. Expecting a third party to do things for you, is really difficult. We must take time and do these things ourselves.We can stop the bribe culture in RTOs by that.

Thread Starter #26
Has the issue been resolved or still no. it takes only half an hour to cancel the hypothecation once all the papers are submitted not more than that.

Once you have cancelled it the bextract will show a start date and end date of hypothecation.
WHat you said is right. Only cancellation of hypothecation takes less time. But he applied for new RC as well. He says, it will come in this week. Let me see.

Moral of the story is,approach the RTO yourself. Expecting a third party to do things for you, is really difficult. We must take time and do these things ourselves.We can stop the bribe culture in RTOs by that.
Ya, the moral sounds to be true in this and every case. Doing things ourselves is always better. Agreed.

there is no need to apply for new RC until and unless your old RC is lost, Either he is fooling around or he is lost the original RC. have you checked with the bank whether the loan has been closed. the details of the bank will be on the R.C. I strongly suggest check with the bank for loan closure.

Thread Starter #28
there is no need to apply for new RC until and unless your old RC is lost, Either he is fooling around or he is lost the original RC. have you checked with the bank whether the loan has been closed. the details of the bank will be on the R.C. I strongly suggest check with the bank for loan closure.
Yes the bank loan was closed long time ago and now that is expired as others suggested here. he is in a soup of doing all this for double time now.

Great news for me today!!!
With all the dhamki mails of legal action, finally he moved his arse and went and applied the cancellation of hypothecation today! here is the receipt he posted me on whatsapp. Look at the date on the receipt, its today [clap]!!! That means he was making fool of me all these 12 months.

forTAI.jpg

Now from this date, any idea, when will the hypothecation lift off happening? I mean in how many days?

should be happening today only if you have the right person doing the job as its only a half an hour job. no much paper work involved.

Top Bottom