How To Get Original RC Card From First Owner?

hahahahahaaa!!! that was hilarious, the job as such doesn't involve much paperwork, even if one does it himself also. as long as he is determined to finish the work, it can be finished within 2-3 hours. but i liked the way you realised that it would not be done if done by self. i just couldnt stop laughing.

Thread Starter #32
@incarnation, here is the B-extract of my bike. He got this today and sent it to my brother via whatsapp. He is now really scared to talk to with me and he is feeling very guilty. Hence is only communication with my brother. Not me.

This copy clearly shows that hypothecation is only till y'day. I am yet to receive the hard copy and RC card. That letter which I composed and posted saying I will proceed with legal action really made wonders. I am happy today.

BextractDuke200_TAI.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
yes the above b Extract says the hypothecation is terminated and the date it was terminated. so you are all set, you can transfer the papers on to your name.

Now to do the paper transfer you require 2 nos of form 29 signed by the previous owner and one no. form 30 signed by the previous owner if it was a four wheeler you required a C.C. ( Clearance certificate) however for a 2 wheeler you dont need that. and a copy of the B-Extract and then your documnets such as ID proof Adress proof and Age proof.

now that your issues are resolved transfer the bike quickly onto your name and once you have done that within 14 days please approach the insurance office of the insurance company with which your bike is insured and give them the copy of RC as well as B extract and change the name on the insurance as well. or else your insurance will be void.

Hope the info helps. if you have any doubts and require clarification please feel free to inquire.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
@incarnation, here is the B-extract of my bike. He got this today and sent it to my brother via whatsapp. He is now really scared to talk to with me and he is feeling very guilty. Hence is only communication with my brother. Not me.

This copy clearly shows that hypothecation is only till y'day. I am yet to receive the hard copy and RC card. That letter which I composed and posted saying I will proceed with legal action really made wonders. I am happy today.
Whoever it may be (either a seller or buyer or Dealers etc) complaints registered in written works better than talking over phone (which never recorded). So, make it a habit to put it in writing either email or letter instead having lengthy phone conversation whenever such situation arises... Had you warned him or sent a written complaint earlier, the issue could have been solved long back.

Anyway good that problem sorted out and things are under control.[clap]

Dear Team,

Need your suggestions,

I am planning to buy a preowned car -

1. The owner has bought in on loan from HDFC
2. Even I dont have full cash, I also have to apply for a loan.
3. Someone told me that I can take a loan from HDFC bank itself so that they can close the previous loan and issue me a fresh loan internally.
4. What precautions should i take while dealing with the owner ?
5. When i complete my loan tenure will the bank give me the original documents with hypothecation and i have to personally go and remove it or the bank does the job ?

If one buys a used car which is currently under hypothecation, can the smartcard be directly transferred to new owner's name with hypothecation removed, with NOC from bank submitted with the application?

Please help as I have to close this deal in 2 days if agreed.

kkn13

Suspended
Dear Team,

Need your suggestions,

I am planning to buy a preowned car -

1. The owner has bought in on loan from HDFC
2. Even I dont have full cash, I also have to apply for a loan.
3. Someone told me that I can take a loan from HDFC bank itself so that they can close the previous loan and issue me a fresh loan internally.
4. What precautions should i take while dealing with the owner ?
5. When i complete my loan tenure will the bank give me the original documents with hypothecation and i have to personally go and remove it or the bank does the job ?

If one buys a used car which is currently under hypothecation, can the smartcard be directly transferred to new owner's name with hypothecation removed, with NOC from bank submitted with the application?

Please help as I have to close this deal in 2 days if agreed.
3. Previous owner can transfer the loan to you
That way, your interest wont increase (I believe rates are higher for used vehicles)

4. Ensure car loan, car ownership etc is in his name only and no fishy business (Ive had a few experiences wherein false ownership etc were present , luckily I noticed and dropped the deal)

This can be done. When I bought my used car, the owner had not yet removed hypothecation from his RC even though he had paid off his loan a year back. He had taken the loan from Allahabad bank. The NOC provided by Allahabad Bank did not have any expiry date.
When we were doing the ownership transfer, the NOC from Bank was provided to the RTO. It took us an extra week because of the hypothecation removal(person who handles the car loan department at that branch of the bank was on leave), but it was done in one shot.

Last edited:

Top Bottom