How To Deal with Multiple Tyre Punctures?

Thread Starter #1
Ford Figo: Last weekend, I was on the way to Dapoli (Konkan) from Pune. On the Bangalore highway, while checking tyre pressure at a Puncture Shop, I got to find multiple punctures on the rear left tyre. It could be about 15 Punctures [frustration] So, I changed the stepney and continued the journey... Now, is it advisable to fix all the punctures or change it to new one? How about the tyre's life or most importantly reliability if I fix all those and use it again? Please advise. I am right now running with no spare wheel. [confused]

Re: Multiple Punchures

If its a tubeless tyre, You can install a tube in it and keep it for a spare wheel. Better option would be to change it. Your choice.

Thread Starter #4

If its a tubeless tyre, You can install a tube in it and keep it for a spare wheel. Better option would be to change it. Your choice.
Yes. Its tubeless. But my doubt is, even if I keep it as spare wheel, would it be reliable? Coz, we should be dependent on it in case of an emergency... And that shouldnt go for a toss... [cry]

Thread Starter #5

ilango[speed thirst];96272 said:
15 punctures!

Well i dont know how to react!
Same was with me as well... Its a new car with 8K ODO... [cry] BTW, I havent counted it yet. It can be 15 or even more... The nails are still in the tyre.

Re: Multiple Punctures

Figoian Go to Nana peth and buy puncture repair kit and the Puncture repair strips which are available separately. Its easy to do it at home on your own. Cost is also very less.

agree
and also if the Puncture in on the corner thats it tyre is finished. you better off buying a brand new bro

Same was with me as well... Its a new car with 8K ODO... [cry] BTW, I havent counted it yet. It can be 15 or even more... The nails are still in the tyre.
Dude. U live next to a nail factory or what? If the punctures are spread evenly all over the tyre circumference, u can use it with a tube. And buy a new one when u can. If they are nearby or focused at one point, buy a new one. Its a hazard.

Thread Starter #9
Dude. U live next to a nail factory or what? If the punctures are spread evenly all over the tyre circumference, u can use it with a tube. And buy a new one when u can. If they are nearby or focused at one point, buy a new one. Its a hazard.
[clap] Not really. It happened while I was driving down from Pune to Konkan on Bangalore Highway.

Figoian Go to Nana peth and buy puncture repair kit and the Puncture repair strips which are available separately. Its easy to do it at home on your own. Cost is also very less.
So how about this option. Buy a Puncture Kit and fix those myself... Buy a Tube and keep it as a Spare Wheel? But my doubt is, even keeping that as a spare wheel would be reliable?

Thread Starter #10

Yesterday, I checked the tyre with a Tyre Dealer. There are total 8 punctures. He is suggesting me to put a tube and use it as Stepney. Is that advisable?

Yesterday, I checked the tyre with a Tyre Dealer. There are total 8 punctures. He is suggesting me to put a tube and use it as Stepney. Is that advisable?

Yes, you can make it as a Stepney. My uncle also done like that to his Innova & he not yet faced any problem with his Innova's Stepney.

Thread Starter #13

why dont you put it back on place and preserve stepney tyre for future??
Hi Dodge_v1per: You mean, use the tubed one and put the stepney back in boot? I am thinking of that as well... Use the tubed one for sometime (within City drives) to check its reliablity and put it back as Stepney. So that can be better assured for contingency.

Any second thoughts on this? Thanks.

.......If the punctures are spread evenly all over the tyre circumference, u can use it with a tube. And buy a new one when u can. If they are nearby or focused at one point, buy a new one. Its a hazard.

+1 to racerdabba.

It is definitely not safe to drive around on this tyre. Atmost can use is as a spare if you travel only in city. Best would be to trade it for a nw one. Try contacting the local tyrewala shops who do retreading, they might offer you more price for this tyre than showroom/kabadiwala.

freakdude.

Top Bottom