How To Damp the Roof?

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,
I need a DIY guide to damp the roof of my ritz(from inside), it's audible when I increase the audio volume on a heavy bass music and that extra sound is annoying (on every heavy bass note it adds a tarrr tarrrr to the lovely music im listening to). I opened the roof light and added a wooden block in between the outer and inner roof sheets. To my bad luck it did the trick but once i was driving on a bad patch and that wooden block escaped its position and then it added more to the noise the tarrr tarrr from the roof and the thud thud from the block[frustration]

I got rid of the block, parked the car in reverse on a steep gradient and did a tap tap on the roof and told my wife to grab that block as soon as it reaches the roof light area and she did a nice catch job[clap]

But now, how to damp the roof? Don't want to go to an A.S.S they will bill a labor expense to me.

Re: Damping the roof

better take your car to some ice shop whom does know what you intend. they may help you to fill the roof with foam or dampener.

350Z

Core Team

You must not do something unless you are sure about it. I'm afraid that it might cause unnecessary squeaks or rattles in future. As recommended above, it's better to drive the car to a reliable ICE workshop or just wait for someone to respond who has done it as DIY already.

Drive Safe,
350Z

2 solution

Getting the roof damped.

Get damping . Get damping sheets and install them yourself , you juust need to unscrew some bolts in front and b pillar plastic. the c pillar can be left like that , get some one to hold else that area may bend.

another solution

get good double side tape. stick them on roof .
now peel off the other side too and place your wood.

Thread Starter #6

the second solution seems easy as I don't want to unscrew the roof and screw my roof while fitting back :lol!:

I will try the option and let you know.

Please do post pictures here when you do that DIY, will surely help others too [:)]

Top Bottom