How To Correct Panel Gaps of My Indigo?

350Z

Core Team
Tata Motors and panel gaps share a long lasting relationship, which unfortunately we have to bear with. You can verify yourself whether the bumper refitting can be done such that the large space can be decreased.

Drive Safe,
350Z

The gap between the tail lamp assembly and bumper is pretty visible. You can get the bumper alignment done by any local mechanic. Pretty simple job, dont worry:smile:

350Z

Core Team
The gap between the tail lamp assembly and bumper is pretty visible. You can get the bumper alignment done by any local mechanic. Pretty simple job, dont worry
Actually my car also has too many panel gaps and I’m especially disappointed with the one on rear bumper. The Maruti A.S.S mechanic told that bolts are fixed in a manner that they cannot be raised up to diminish the space. Is it possible in Indigo?

Drive Safe,
350Z

If fitted well, the panel gaps can be minimized. While i got the fog lamps fitted at an accessory shop, the bumper wasn't fixed properly which led to gaps between headlamps and bumper. When i argued they opened it again and refitted it in similar fashion. Disappointed i headed to MASS and got the bumper fixed well.
For Indigo it is very much possible to reduce the said gaps by proper alignment as long as the slots where the bumper fits are fine.

Thread Starter #6
even i believe it to be a simple job [:D], but these were not present till recently, I had been to Aurangabad in February with loads of weight in the boot, plus, 5 people in car, and had bumped hard into a big pothole at a speed of 100kmph and then, from the potholes, these panel gaps were born.
Also, in the same adventure, i could manage to completely remove the already broken right fog lamp, without using screw drivers [:P]

Last edited:
If it is there from day 1, avoid correcting it since it is standard in TATA cars. However if you have developed it over time you can get it corrected. Even my both TATA cars have it. Gaps are lesser in Maruti / Ford and other cars

little bit of muscles will help in such situation. take care not to overdo it.
i had a gotten a huge gap in bonnet of indica vista. i bent it in the opposite direction, viola!! it was back to perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #9
If it is there from day 1, avoid correcting it since it is standard in TATA cars. However if you have developed it over time you can get it corrected. Even my both TATA cars have it. Gaps are lesser in Maruti / Ford and other cars
no, it has developed very recently, else it was good.

If the slots are not broken / mis-aligned then it should be simple as mentioned by Akash & Swapnil. Try doing it yourself, if you cannot refit in the end take it to a local mechnic.

Top Bottom