How To Clean Tree Sap Stains From My Car?

Thinner and nail polish remover should not be used. these will remove the clear coat and paint too along with the sap. never use anything that contains alcohol.

instead of kerosene you may try petrol. tree sap, tar, grease can easily be removed by a cotton ball soaked in little bit of petrol. A few gentle rub and sap will be gone. but don't forget to wax that portion after cleaning as the wax will be removed by petrol. try it and let me know.

Thread Starter #17

350Z

Core Team
Thanks everyone for the inputs. Those stains have finally disappeared after some efforts.

> Using Car Shampoo: I used car shampoo in the beginning mixed with warm water and rubbed it against the marks. This worked albeit slowly with stiff rubbing.

> Using Petrol: After achieving little success, I dipped a small cotton ball in a little quantity of Petrol. Presto! This works like a charm. It was as easy as cleaning pencil marks with an eraser. Later on, I washed the car and again in the morning with car shampoo to clear any remains of the Petrol, just in case. A word of caution for those who try this – Please make sure to use very little quantity of Petrol and do not leave it on the car for a long period as it can possibly damage the paint.

010.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Talked to my chauffy about the same as I was reading the first page and asked him what to do.
And what a coincidence,350Z did the same.
Chauffy said "Have you seen me cleaning alloys etc when spot is tough?If yes,then which solvent I use"?
And I got the answer..it was PETROL..THE BEST OF ALL CLEANSING AGENTS!!

It can do anything..One more free advise on petrol usage:-
In case of getting stung by a bee or wasp,just make a small cut at the place and let some blood flow out and then drop some petrol on it.It will be very painful but is a 100% pakka ilaaj.I have tried it out numerous times..

Thread Starter #20

350Z

Core Team
Update: Even ‘Formula 1 Scratch Out’ does a good job to clear out stains caused by tree sap. Turtle also offers an individual product known as ‘Bug & Tar’ Remover.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: First Drive: Ford EcoSport Test Drive Review

Hi guys
need a quick suggestion. I own a 1.5 p trend sea grey and i want to go for some coating from 3m. I do not have any knowledge on coating thing, so it would be great if you can suggest me to go for which coating.
Also, one day i parked my car under a jamun(jambul) tree and there are stains all over the car which are not going by a surf wash, so can you please suggest how to get rid of jamun stains.
Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom