How to adjust the beam of headlamps?

Thread Starter #1
heys guys i had to replace my driver side headlight due to an accident but ever since i changed it its beem is too low and towards the center . how do i adjust it?? i didnt find anything in user manual

I don know where is that Switch in Punto. Its below the right side of the steering wheel in most of the cars i have seen. You get a knob or rotary switch to set the position either in 1 ,2 or 3 depending on the load in your car.

But in your case since you have mentioned its only the driver's side i think the problem is with the lamp placing itself. Get that checked too.

it seams headlight wasn't fitted properly . get it checked by the person who had install it .
I too feel the same! I think the plug must have not been connected properly which controll the adjustment near the bulb... Just check it...

BTW i think you might be having that switch which controlls the beams, which Dhaya mentioned; dont u?[roll]

switch which control beam only for up and down not left and right . as he has said beam is toward centre which i think is bad fitting done

Vishal, there are switches on the right side, not on steering wheel, but on dash (total 6-8 buttons are there).
In that one set of switches are for adjusting the headlamps position, from 0-3. Use 0 for max distance. If still you have issue, get it adjusted at TASC.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
Vishal, there are switches on the right side, not on steering wheel, but on dash (total 6-8 buttons are there).
In that one set of switches are for adjusting the headlamps position, from 0-3. Use 0 for max distance. If still you have issue, get it adjusted at TASC.
i know about those switches actually i feel the bulb isnt fixed properly

350Z

Core Team
heys guys i had to replace my driver side headlight due to an accident but ever since i changed it its beem is too low and towards the center . how do i adjust it?? i didnt find anything in user manual
You said that you replaced only driver’s side headlamp, so is it only the specific headlight having the trouble or the other one as well? As everybody else mentioned, you should get the installation re-checked. BTW, was the work done at authorized Fiat workshop?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #10
You said that you replaced only driver’s side headlamp, so is it only the specific headlight having the trouble or the other one as well? As everybody else mentioned, you should get the installation re-checked. BTW, was the work done at authorized Fiat workshop?

Drive Safe,
350Z
only the driver side is giving this problem . the work was done at tata workshop.
i checked it at a local garage and the mechanic said theres no problem in the installation he said everythings fine . but its not i was not able to go to tata because its 50 kms from my house

only the driver side is giving this problem . the work was done at tata workshop.
i checked it at a local garage and the mechanic said theres no problem in the installation he said everythings fine . but its not i was not able to go to tata because its 50 kms from my house
Did you tried the Menu ? Fig 78/a on Page 70 of manual
Check page 70 in fiat drivers owner manual. Headlight can be adjusted by keeping it to Low Beam (Dipped Beam) position.

Thread Starter #12
ok guys if you want to adjust the beam there are 2 screws with the headlight tightening or looseing them adjust the height

There are Two Bolts behind each Headlight assembly. One Bolt can be used to adjust the Beam towards left or right. The Other one can be used to adjust the beam away from car or towards the ground near the car (My wordings are somewhat incorrect).

I told the procedure above that is present in Tata Indigo.

Please check for Punto.

Top Bottom