How Often Do You Check Tyre Pressures?

How often you check tyre pressure?

• Total voters
I do it on every refill or once a week or when reduction of pressure in any of the tyres, whichever is earlier [:D]

well i voted for weekely but usually check out around twice a week sometimes thrice, usually twice a week.
Any particular reason for such more frequent checks?

As I saw in the Demo Car (XUV), the Tyretronics showed only a message something like pressure is normal in all tyres. Does it show the PSI as well in each tyre?

I read somewhere that air pressure in tubeless, in normal steel rims, gets reduced more frequently than alloys. However, i don't feel in my car. I check it mostly after re-fuelling and the pressure get reduced normally by 1-2 PSI.
Same in my case too. TL on Steel Rims and each tyre would loose at least 1 - 3 PSI every week. Is it normal? I recently have changed to new tyres, but the pressure loss remains to be the same yet.

BTW, I tried N2 earlier (in the previous tyre set), but wasn't any different.

How many of you refill Air when the tire is cold? (Driven less than 7-8kms when you start the day).

If you fill air after driving more than 8 kms in a day, it will always be inaccurate.
I always try to check it with in less than 3 - 4 KMs. Else, would keep a couple of PSI more.

I go to a tyre repair shop in the vicinity for checking tyre pressure. They have an analogue pressure gauge which doesn't give accurate readings and they mostly end up filling at least 4-5 psi more than recommended values.
Yeah. Never choose to do it in the tyre shops with Analog Gauge. They are just not real.

I have purchased a digital tyre gauge and check tyre pressure early next morning and reduce the pressure to recommended values.
I too have got a Digital Gauge from EBay. It's perfect [thumbsup]

Can any of you TAIans tell me what is tyre pressure to be maintained for Fiesta Classic...?
The OEM recommended tyre pressure is for the Ford Fiesta for its stock 175/65/14 tyres - is 30 in front and rear. When laden with 4 passengers, make it 33 in the front and rear.

If you do a lot of highway and expressway driving it is good to change to nitrogen.Even in city driving the benefits are tremendous.

You need to remove all the air and fill it with nitrogen.Then in a week do empty the nitrogen and fill in again.This way any air gets purged.The problem of rusting of steel wheels gets solved by using nitrogen.

It remains cold so there is no tire burst, even if there is a puncture the tire doesn't deflate quickly.

Maintain the same pressure for nitrogen as you would for air as recommended by the car manufacturer.If the ride is too bouncy you can try lowering the pressure by two points.

It is always good to fill nitrogen or air early in the morning, when the tires are cold.

I had been checking air whenever I go for filling fuel, but its mostly within a week. Recently I had switched to nitrogen and the ride seems to have improved a little, not much. But the guy asked me to come for checkup after 3 months and said a refill will be free. Now, can I drive without checking for 3 months?.

Mine is a I10 riding on an alloy with B250 OEM tyres and I paid Rs. 50 for each tyre fill, while the stepney was filled for free. Forgot to mention, I am from chennai[:)]

Now, can I drive without checking for 3 months?.

Mine is a I10 riding on an alloy with B250 OEM tyres and I paid Rs. 50 for each tyre fill, while the stepney was filled for free. Forgot to mention, I am from chennai[:)]
50 Per Tyre??? That's a day light robbery. It's normally 20-25 as far as I have seen.

3 Months? That's a question you need to find yourself. Couple of times when I tried N2, it wasn't the case and no different from normal compressed air. I noticed a drop of 1 - 2 PSI every week.

I get it done here for 20/tire.

I have noticed that drop too. But the benefit of nitrogen I have experienced is with Punctures, the tire didn't get flat immediately.I could drive to the tire shop and get it fixed.

I have noticed that drop too. But the benefit of nitrogen I have experienced is with Punctures, the tire didn't get flat immediately.I could drive to the tire shop and get it fixed.
But that's the case with TL Tyres anyways, even with normal compressed air. Are you referring to Tubed Tyres?

I am referring to tubeless tires.In a tubless tire, the pressure reduced really fast.When I changed to nitrogen I could drive without losing a lot of pressure and the tire was still usable.It didn't shred itself.

I am referring to tubeless tires.In a tubless tire, the pressure reduced really fast.When I changed to nitrogen I could drive without losing a lot of pressure and the tire was still usable.It didn't shred itself.
I am surprised that the pressure is reducing faster in TL. It's actually the other way and that's one of the key advantages of TL Tyre.

BTW, how many punctures have you experienced?

Not faster than a tubed tire, but faster when compared to a tubless tire filled with nitrogen.

4 Since I switched to nitrogen and before that I have lost count, these included punctures on tubless and tubed tires filled with compressed air.

Not faster than a tubed tire, but faster when compared to a tubless tire filled with nitrogen.

4 Since I switched to nitrogen and before that I have lost count, these included punctures on tubless and tubed tires filled with compressed air.
I guess, you are another victim like me... Here is my sad story in Pune. http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ts/4651-how-deal-multiple-tyre-punctures.html

In my case, I didn't notice any difference in the air loss between normal air and N2 in case of puncture. However, loss of 1 - 2 PSI for a week in normal situation is fine for Normal Air and not for N2. I am yet to try it after changing to new tyres.

The loss of pressure is because of the tire not being seated properly on the rim and because of a minute puncture etc.

The drop in pressure problem was solved when I bought new rims.Now it drops only if I dont use the car for couple of weeks.If the car is standing the loss of pressure is normal.

Well i would like to clear the case here.In case of the puncture had the nail or other culprit still be wedged in place the air loss on the side of the nail for instance will be approx 5% better than regular dry air.But its hard to notice that difference.
I think the case was more to do with the method of puncture than the air inside.

Nitrogen filling just has a stable psi on rash & long driving scenarios compared to regular air fill.
To the average person or car user it just gives a air loss benefit of 3 to 6%(this depends on the humidity of the air you filled air in) compared to your regular air fill.

So the benefit is slight percent more for an individual who would be living in a high humid environment,like a coastal region perhaps.

350Z

Core Team
Can any of you TAIans tell me what is tyre pressure to be maintained for Fiesta Classic...?
Ford Fiesta Classic Recommended Tyre Pressure:

Normal Load

> Front: 30 Psi

> Rear: 35 Psi

Full Load

> Front: 30 Psi

> Rear: 44 Psi

PS: You’ll also find this information on a placard on driver’s door side. The above mentioned units are applicable for tyre size 175/65 R14.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom