How Much on ICE?

Thread Starter #1
Just had a friend at my place & had to drop him somewhere in my car. while he opened the boot, he saw the new ICE and -

Friend: again? new ICE?
ME: yes, the last upgrade!
F: you crazy? how much did you spend this time & overall how much have you spent on ICE?

when i have him all the "details", he mocked me saying i am a fool to spend thousands on ICE whereas for the same money, i could have gone for alloys, HID, stanley seats, etc. of course, keeping the stock ICE!!!

so that made me think - How much would you guys spend on ICE ideally? Ideally in the sense that you have no restrictions of any sort. Would you prefer spending less on ICE & utilizing that money for some other things?

I would spend around

HU - 15k
Front comps - 8k
Rear comps - 6k
Amp - 8k
Amp - 4k
Sub - 8k
Wiring - 3k
Installations - 3k

Total - 55k at the max. This would be a "high end" setup for me & as good as a dream setup. of course, i would be even happy with a 30k setup.

OT, is he the same friend who commented about Indian brands?
I would spend just about Rs 15000 ideally on a BASIC ICE.
If I wanted something decent enough -
Rs 12000 to Rs15000 - HU with DVD, Aux-in and I-pod control.
Rs 3000 to 5000- Front Speakers
Rs 2000-4000 - Rear speakers
Rs 2000-2500 - Tweeters
Rs 5000 -7000 - Sub - Woofer. Only if needed
Total - Almost Rs 25000, 6k more with Sub -woofer.
Our Indigo has a very basic ICE worth < Rs12000, and yet sound quality is decent. Hence, my preferences are not much too.
That's about it. If mine were a chauffer driven car, or had a big family, I'd add a Sony LCD screen for Rs 10k

ice also depends on taste. to be honest i am very much like your friend who won't like to spend more than 20k. maybe i will extend my by 5k but nothing more than that.

Thread Starter #5
@ ilango: i would never spend 1.5L over ICE. instead i would spend 50k on ICE & the remaining 1L to mod the car.

@ arkin: no, he is not the same friend! front speakers + tweeters? you mean components? comps come with a mid bass (speaker), tweeter & crossover. having a speaker & tweeter without crossover is pointless.

Attachments

IMO,i just needed a mp3 player to play songs(5.5K) without any interruption or errors,speakers to make the music and songs audible an amplifier and a sub-woofer for the bass.
I spent around 20 k on 29/06/2007,that is when i got the car,but it was not registered by the R.T.O that time.My car entered R.T.O on 02/07/2007 with ICE done,number plates fixed but covered with a sheet,all people out there gave strange view after seeing my car that day.
I am not able to recollect the prices,as i am searching for the bill.
Pretty simple ICE,still having good bass and no changes or problems with the ICE setup.

ilango[speed thirst];40395 said:
I am forced kinda raj ,

mine is demo car !!!!

Personally i'll go for a decent dvd drive and front component and rear coax/ 2 way

and sub if i can extend a little bit!!
No Amplifier.

Ilango bhai an Amp will definately improve your budget setup.

A basic ICE will cost -
1. Head Unit with or w/o USB say Rs5k to Rs 7k
2. Basic Front Comp.s ie. Speakers - 2k to 3k
3. Basic Rear Speakers - Rs 2k to 3k
Total - Rs 9k to 10k

Comparing ICEs, there seems to be a lot of diversity.

Thread Starter #14
A basic ICE will cost -
1. Head Unit with or w/o USB say Rs5k to Rs 7k
2. Basic Front Comp.s ie. Speakers - 2k to 3k
3. Basic Rear Speakers - Rs 2k to 3k
Total - Rs 9k to 10k

Comparing ICEs, there seems to be a lot of diversity.
Arkin, you wont get good comps for 3k! if at all you need speakers in 3k, better go for good co-axials.

Another reason is, comps are no good without an amp. the HU wont have enough juice to drive a comp properly.

Top Bottom