How Much Is Your Car's Battery Life?

Going offtrack!!
But broken leg ... couple of surgeries ... and I go beep every time I go thru a metal detector. Getting better all the while though ... just got back on the bike last month!!

Man just 3000km in 1.2 years!! I have completed 6000km in 2 months!!

But it maybe because you travel to work in bus!![:)]
Yes. If i take car to office i would have clocked easy 20K in just 1 year [glasses]

Still I dont want to waste fuel, save environment, use public (Office) transport!!

Going offtrack!!
But broken leg ... couple of surgeries ... and I go beep every time I go thru a metal detector. Getting better all the while though ... just got back on the bike last month!!
Hey, Its really bad to hear it aditya.

Very sorry. Wish you have recovered completely.

Please try to avoid, bike travelling & if you wish to share your experience of the incident, You can start a thread in Road Safety Section.

Hey, Its really bad to hear it aditya.

Very sorry. Wish you have recovered completely.

Please try to avoid, bike travelling & if you wish to share your experience of the incident, You can start a thread in Road Safety Section.
Chill, recovering all right ... should take me 6 months more or so before I can stop the physiotherapy, but that is part of the game. [thumbsup]
And biking, can't stop doing that addicted, you could say. [glasses]
The incident was nothing much to write about got hit by a car ... and that bugger did not stop to help either.
Thanks for the wishes!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay. Wishing you very speedy recovery.

Yes. even i love bikes & bike racing a lot, but sadly NO BIKING is the slogan in my home!

So got a car & I'm loving it now.

You should have tried pulling him to court & put him behind bars!!

Hey adi , dont worry everything will be alright. Do check up often. 2 of my friends had accidents and have metal plate in legs. It need to checked now and then , One got gangarine (dont know exact term or spelling , it sounded like that) again a operation.

And for bat the cabin light discharge method is good one , though very rare people follow that. In our omni , amaron , maintainance free bat was never touched for more than 4 years . it worked fine. Our omni had lowest run , But the last run was some what good as i began to take car . 53K kms in 18 long year. last 10K kms was driven by me in 3 years with amaron. dad drove just 43K kms from 17th feb 1989 till october 2007

Isn't the process of charging battery again called jump starting. it is done with help of another car/battery.

Isn't the process of charging battery again called jump starting. it is done with help of another car/battery.

No ,
Jump starting is stating procedure when the car baterry dies(so less charge, not 0 dead) and doesn't crank the engine , another bat is connected in parallel and cranked with its help, and then removed after cranking.

ilango[speed thirst];19505 said:
Hey adi , dont worry everything will be alright. Do check up often. 2 of my friends had accidents and have metal plate in legs. It need to checked now and then , One got gangarine (dont know exact term or spelling , it sounded like that) again a operation.

And for bat the cabin light discharge method is good one , though very rare people follow that. In our omni , amaron , maintainance free bat was never touched for more than 4 years . it worked fine. Our omni had lowest run , But the last run was some what good as i began to take car . 53K kms in 18 long year. last 10K kms was driven by me in 3 years with amaron. dad drove just 43K kms from 17th feb 1989 till october 2007
Gangrene ... That is scary ... but me am like the terminator ... part titanium!!
Will take take.
Thanks.

It need not be a workshop process!

Those who dont use car can try this! Just switch on the cabin light for one night (10Hrs). This will discharge your battery!

Next day morning, take the car for some long drive. say atleast 100kms, This will help you charge the battery!!

This is what I do often :-)
Drive 100 kms just to charge battery ? That way its better to charge the battery at home through electric socket. [;)]

Yes Neil!

This technique is for those who dont drive their cars for months!

So atleast to make their car battery alive, they have to drive few 100 kms!

You can also charge in electric sockets, But that consumes around 24hrs to make full charge.

ilango[speed thirst];19526 said:
No ,
Jump starting is stating procedure when the car baterry dies(so less charge, not 0 dead) and doesn't crank the engine , another bat is connected in parallel and cranked with its help, and then removed after cranking.
oh thanks for info but how long can a less charged battery work after jump starting?

After jump starting, you have to keep your engine on for atleast 1Hr!

Else, you can't start your car next time :-)

oh thanks for info but how long can a less charged battery work after jump starting?
Its just for starting. Then you have to drive around or keep revving the car making sure it doesn't stall.
Its Just a temporary solution.
By doing the above the battery might be alive for couple of hours after the vehicle is stopped.
(Depends on battery condition)

Top Bottom