How Many Biker Boys Do We Have On TAI?

Learnt riding on a friends Bajaj M50 in school.
Then started riding his Yamaha RX100.
Then occasionally used my sisters Bajaj Sunny and Kinetic Honda.
Then my brothers Kawasaki Bajaj KB100 RTZ.
My first bike was a Yamaha RD350.
Next bike was a Hero Honda CBZ.
Next was a Yamaha RX100.
Next was a Honda Activa which I still have.
Few years ago I picked up an old Royal Enfield 350 which I still have.
Last year picked up another Enfield which is undergoing restoration.
Next bike will probably be a KTM Duke or if budget permits a Ducati Monster 795.
Great to know that the RD 350 was your first bike, Which one was it, Low Torque or High Torque? How do you manage to settle for something any slower after owning that? Think the Duke will suit you great and the Monster would be Awesome[thumbsup].

Planning for a Leh trip next year anyone interested?
I too am thinking of doing it next year. Doctors gave me a no go after the Hepatitis row, So I had to drop the plan this year. And for sure I will be doing it on a bike if I do it at all.

Re: How Many Biker Boy's Do we have?

the plan is currently on paper's not sure weather i will ride from bangalore or delhi, need to meet someone who has already done it on 2 wheels, you can share your thought's anyway
I am in for Leh Trip on two wheels. I wanted to be part of Leh trip but that was strictly for RE team.

What we can do that to send our bike to Delhi by train and we will reach Delhi by Flight to personally take delivery of our bike. Then we can start off from Delhi.

Great Ertiga_ZMR,

Even I too had a same plan.

BTW, Is my Glamour 125CC can perform those roads? Is we need to pay any Tax or something to ride our Bikes there?

Great to know that the RD 350 was your first bike, Which one was it, Low Torque or High Torque?
HT

How do you manage to settle for something any slower after owning that?
I didn't have a choice. I was going to Chennai for studies, so I was forced to sell the RD. When I came back RD's were too expensive.

Think the Duke will suit you great and the Monster would be Awesome[thumbsup].
Lets see which I end up with.

Hey Visran nice topic,

well Leh is one place am waiting to visit (Surely by bike). I am a biker by blood, but slightly disconnected from past few months, have been to places like Gokarna, Pondicherry, Round trip of Karnataka (1200 Kms in three day to be precise), Chikmagalur, Madikeri, Tirupati a couple of times. Am still not sure if our bikes will be able to take the Leh conditions. My first bike is Pulsar 180 (2008) still running strong. A beast I must say !! Count me in. Share the plan as it progress.

Ride Safe
Santosh

Thread Starter #35
I too am thinking of doing it next year. Doctors gave me a no go after the Hepatitis row, So I had to drop the plan this year. And for sure I will be doing it on a bike if I do it at all.
Great news so can we count you in for the trip?

Great Ertiga_ZMR,

Even I too had a same plan.

BTW, Is my Glamour 125CC can perform those roads? Is we need to pay any Tax or something to ride our Bikes there?
I am not sure working hard to collect as much data as possible give me a week's time will prepare an proper Itinerary by then.

Hey Visran nice topic,

well Leh is one place am waiting to visit (Surely by bike). I am a biker by blood, but slightly disconnected from past few months, have been to places like Gokarna, Pondicherry, Round trip of Karnataka (1200 Kms in three day to be precise), Chikmagalur, Madikeri, Tirupati a couple of times. Am still not sure if our bikes will be able to take the Leh conditions. My first bike is Pulsar 180 (2008) still running strong. A beast I must say !! Count me in. Share the plan as it progress.

Ride Safe
Santosh
Don't worry sir, even i don't feel i am in a position do it straight away that is the reason we are planning to do it next year so that we have enough time to prepare physically as well as monetarily.

Bajaj Pulsar 150CC - 2003 (now my Uncle's daily workhorse)
RE Machismo 500 - 2008 - 2010 - Sold
Bajaj Pulsar 220F DTS-i 2010 till data
Recent addition to my stable is: GIANT Revel 1D bicycle - previous month.

Started handling bike since I was in 6th Standard.
The very first ones were -
Yamaha RX 100, LML Vespa 150NV
followed by
Bajaj Chetak
Hero Puch 2G
Hero Puch 3G Shakti
Hero Puch Automatic
Bajaj Rave
Hero Honda CD 100 SS
Bajaj Caliber
Honda Unicorn
Yamaha RXZ
Honda Aviator - Current [roll]

Now I am looking to buy a new bike. Waiting for Pulsar 200 SS. If the design is impressive then I will go for it, else Pulsar 200 NS.

TVS Victor - 2005 jan-2007 sep (Dad's).
Bajaj XCD 125 - 2007 sep17 & still counting.
Yamaha FZ-S - 2011 oct17 & stiil counting(crossed 11500kms [:)])

1996 Suzuki Samurai- Started riding in this bike owned by My brother. I still remember last time i ride this bike on 2007 march 1st, the day before i went for job to diff city.I filled petrol for Rs. 100 and done water service and parked it in my brothers home. No one started the bike after that til now.It is in a completely rusted condition now and very painful to see that.

2001 Hero Honda Splendor -Owned by My brother and used by me till 40K km.Still it is used by the employees in my brother's Pharmacy business.

2004 Yamaha Crux -The bike which crossed more than 200k KM and most of the time ride above 70 KM/Hr and sometimes above 100 KM/hr too.Never this bike failed.The only bike which we never fall from.Me, Brother and my friends all were in love with this one. Replaced by Hayte, which we bought on last monday.Sold to my friend for 6K.

These are the bikes which owned by me/brother. But i had ride experience of almost all the models was available in our country till 2010. Thanks to my friends.

2007 Yamaha Gladiator Type J A- 1st bike i bought by my own money.Ride 78k km in 3 year and sold in 2010,when 3 accidents happened to me from that bike in the same year.

2009 Honda Dio yellow-Bought for my wife and she ride that less than 100 km till now and just reached 13 k in Odo now by me.

2010 Suzuki GS 150 R- My current bike, crossed 35K km now.Not a single ruppee spent for maintenance till now except usual service at ASS till 30K and oil change.
2012 Suzuki Hayate- It was all of sudden, we made the decision, My brother called me this monday morning around 11am and told me, we need to replace the crux by a new 100 cc low cost bike. Crux started to showing the sign of aging.It is me always selecting vehicles for him.After some quick searches, i straightly went to nearest Suzuki Showroom owned by my friend at around 4pm, done TD for Hayate, paid the amount RS.48500 reached home with bike at 6pm.

Last edited:

Top Bottom