How Long Will the Ford Fiesta Classic Last?

Thread Starter #1

AMG

Suspended
The Ford Fiesta was launched in 2005.
That makes it age about 6.5 years.

The ford Ikon was sold 1999-2010 (11 years)

Does this mean that the fiesta also has another 4 years to live, before the current Fiesta becomes the Classic, and an all new fiesta comes?
[confused]

350Z

Core Team
I still like Fiesta Classic. If some other out-fashioned cars can survive in market with mere cosmetic changes, then I don't think that it will be discontinued any soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Considering that New Fiesta is a flop and Classic is outselling it by 3-4 times, I do not see the end for Classic in near future.

Presently, C segment is further segregate into two sub segments: 5.5-7.5L (Dzire, Manza, Etios, Classic etc) & 7.5-10 L (City, Vento, Verna , Fiesta etc.) Ideally Ford would like to compete in both segments. With OKON gone, the same would not be possible without Classic. So you have hit the bulls eye:

.. this mean that the fiesta also has another 4 years to live, before the current Fiesta becomes the Classic, and an all new fiesta comes..
[confused]

Even today I see more Ford Fiesta classic on road than all New Ford Fiesta. So Ford people will not be stopping the production of the Fiesta Classic any time soon. If they can actually give the new Fiesta at the price of Fiesta Classic that will be a game changer for sure.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7

AMG

Suspended
Even today I see more Ford Fiesta classic on road than all New Ford Fiesta. So Ford people will not be stopping the production of the Fiesta Classic any time soon. If they can actually give the new Fiesta at the price of Fiesta Classic that will be a game changer for sure.

And bankrupt themselves?

Well, it would be a even bigger game changer if Rolls Royce starts selling its cars at the price of a Nano.

And bankrupt themselves?

Well, it would be a even bigger game changer if Rolls Royce starts selling its cars at the price of a Nano.
Naah, fact is new Ford Fiesta is indeed exorbitantly priced. What is there in it which its counterparts don't provide, that too at lesser price ? Also, the real Ford fiesta is designed as a hatch & later a boot was added to it to sell in markets like India. Personally, the hatch fiesta looks far more better than fiesta sedan & the proportions look better. What I liked the most is the rear, gives sporty & aggressive stance & not a single hatch comes close to what fiesta is in looks in its class.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9

AMG

Suspended
But telling ford to provide a new ford fiesta at the price of the classic is too much.

I do agree that there is a scope for 1-2 lakh reduction, but asking for a 4 lakh reduction is too much.

But telling ford to provide a new ford fiesta at the price of the classic is too much.

I do agree that there is a scope for 1-2 lakh reduction, but asking for a 4 lakh reduction is too much.
Even 2L reduction will push up volumes. I am not asking for classic price, but surely less than current one. Btw, if fiesta hatch sells for classic fiesta, it will be a great seller.

Thread Starter #11

AMG

Suspended
Well, the fiesta hatch would be tricky IMO.

It may sell well if it is targetted at the i20, but if it is more expensive, then RIP fiesta hatch.

Naah, fact is new Ford Fiesta is indeed exorbitantly priced. What is there in it which its counterparts don't provide, that too at lesser price ? Also, the real Ford fiesta is designed as a hatch & later a boot was added to it to sell in markets like India. Personally, the hatch fiesta looks far more better than fiesta sedan & the proportions look better. What I liked the most is the rear, gives sporty & aggressive stance & not a single hatch comes close to what fiesta is in looks in its class.
Rightly said. Ford should come up with the hatchback model asap within 5-6 L range.

Recently my friend bought a Classic and I was very surprised that sales person were not too keen on pushing the new Fiesta. They revealed that after launch of new Fiesta, Classic sales has surged. These days its become quite popular amongst taxis too! So its obviously a win-win situation for Ford as they are able to churn out numbers with age old model. I agree, compared to other cars in the segment, Classic looks much better.

Coming to new Fiesta, one has to drive it to get the feel of this drivers' delight car. Its absolutely fantastic feel. Ford should have played smart with its pricing like Fluidic !! Price is just killing this beauty!

350Z

Core Team
Yes. The classic is still selling like hot cakes but I find the driver’s seat position of New Fiesta much sportier. As far as selling New Fiesta is concerned, I think it depends upon the budget of your friend and the availability of particular variant of New Fiesta at the dealership (Considering year-end scenario). I also had a similar experience at Ford Dealership. But otherwise, sales person is getting hefty commission on each sale of New Fiesta (Fat cash + 40” Samsung LCD TV).

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom