How Do You Wax / Polish Your Car?

How do you Wax/Polish you Car

• Total voters
Guys I shortlisted the following car shampoos. But need your feedbacks before finalizing.
-Gyeon bathe or bathe+
-CarPro Reset car wash
-Gtechniq
I would also like to know about any other products worth buying. Please help..

an users of collinite 845 ? how long does it last in dusty places ? from what i have researched over the past few days is that none of any waxes last more than 45 days in india. only synthetic/sealents/polymer type stuff can last months.

I suggest chemical guys. I used Chemical Guys Deep Reflections XP on my car months ago and it's still has shiny-wet look even though it is covered with thin layer of dust.

To bring out a wet shiny look in your car, you need to apply some glaze before waxing. Wax is just like a preserving. Best solution is to get a glaze + wax compound [eg: Chemical Guys deep reflections xp or whitelight or blacklight]
deep reflections xp is quite expensive in india at 4200. anything at around half the price ?

an users of collinite 845 ? how long does it last in dusty places ? from what i have researched over the past few days is that none of any waxes last more than 45 days in india. only synthetic/sealents/polymer type stuff can last months.

deep reflections xp is quite expensive in india at 4200. anything at around half the price ?
Honestly, the selection between natural/synthetic wax comes down to personal priorities. Natural waxes are oriented towards appearance over protection, synthetics are the opposite.

Personally, I've always preferred synthetics because not only do they do a better job against road debris, but having to apply wax less often, all the while spending less on it is a win-win situation for me.

It's true that often professionals can do a much better job, but I would say it's far easier to damage your paint if you use polish and/or a machine. Wax is just a protective layer, which is difficult to damage paintwork with - especially if you're only using your hands.

Regarding K2 Ultra Wax, It gives a very good gloss finish and a long lasting wax coat. However it's an herculean task to buff it off after application.

Guys how is Collinite 476 for Rs 2350. Is this a good price or any other better wax around Rs 2000?
Collinite 476 is a paste wax so it may not be as easy as liquid waxes (Suggested below) to apply and/or remove but results and durability will be better.

Sonax Polymer Netshield @ 1.8k on www.carpowergrid.com (Best price)
Menzerna Power Lock @ 1.8k on www.detailedclean.in (Overpriced)
Collinite 845 @ 2.15k on www.greenzcarcare.com
FinishKare 2180 Ultra Polymer Sealant @ 600 on http://www.bringingbest.in
Ultima Paint Guard Plus 4 oz @ 1.9k on http://www.bringingbest.in

Sonax Xtreme Brilliant Shine @ 900 on www.carpowergrid.com (For monthly maintenance)
Sonax High Speed Wax @ 800 on www.carpowergrid.com (For monthly maintenance)

*For better bonding and durability, remove existing wax/sealant before applying new layer of wax/sealant. You can use strong shampoo, clay, wax cleaner or polish. However, spray waxes are meant to be applied on existing wax to boost.

Last edited:
Im back on TAI after few months and happened to read this thread.

My M- 800 car which has completed 20 years in the month of May 2018, still looks like new white car. I did post few pictures in the past under the threads - M 800 Technical Issues and Solutions, underbody anti rusting coating, Engine bay cleaning etc and can not post those photos again here as it is not allowing me.

I buy 3M car shampoo of 500 ml costing Rs 397 from Amazon and I wash my car with this shampoo once a month. This bottle lasts for about a year. I do this washing myself as I have reasonably good water pressure as the water comes from the over head tank of about 30 ft height in my house.

I use Waxpol - ultra Glo costing Rs 345 from Amazon. I do the wax polish on my the car by hand 2 times a year , before and after Monsoon. However this time I got it done in the month of May by a man who does painting of my house as I felt I am now too old at 72 to to do this manual polish work now and to get the shining of my car. Paid him Rs 650 plus two cups of tea and a pack of biscuits for 4 hours wax polishing. The car is still shining but may be in the month of November I have to get it polished again from him as regular habit.

Of course there are few car spas in Mangalore now - a - days including one from 3M and they do cash wash, wax polishing etc and charge Rs 2000 to Rs 2500 for this work, depending upon the size of the car.

Collinite 476 is a paste wax so it may not be as easy as liquid waxes (Suggested below) to apply and/or remove but results and durability will be better.

Sonax Polymer Netshield @ 1.8k on www.carpowergrid.com (Best price)
Menzerna Power Lock @ 1.8k on www.detailedclean.in (Overpriced)
Collinite 845 @ 2.15k on www.greenzcarcare.com
FinishKare 2180 Ultra Polymer Sealant @ 600 on Bringing Best Impex Pvt Ltd
Ultima Paint Guard Plus 4 oz @ 1.9k on Bringing Best Impex Pvt Ltd

Sonax Xtreme Brilliant Shine @ 900 on www.carpowergrid.com (For monthly maintenance)
Sonax High Speed Wax @ 800 on www.carpowergrid.com (For monthly maintenance)

*For better bonding and durability, remove existing wax/sealant before applying new layer of wax/sealant. You can use strong shampoo, clay, wax cleaner or polish. However, spray waxes are meant to be applied on existing wax to boost.
Thanks for these links. However have not heard much about sonax as a premium detailing product supplier.

I have used other paste waxes before so do have an idea on the hardword required to do it manually. Will be using just a 3m shampoo to clean car before applying the 476. Is it fine or is claying/polishing required before 476 to get better results than collinite 845. My car paint is in good condition generally as its mostly parked in basement or under shade and i used to be regular in waxing till sometime back.

Btw saw a deal of collinite 845 2 packs for 3k so anyone around gurgaon looking to buy one too incase i buy that?

Thanks for these links. However have not heard much about sonax as a premium detailing product supplier.
Its a German brand and very popular in European countries. I have used some of their products and got impressive results. I love Brilliant Shine Detailer (BSD) and High Speed Wax (HSW). Former is easy to apply even on slightly dirty car and gives nice shine and tight water beading. Latter is made of carnauba wax so application is little tricky but it gives sleek and wet finish. Menzerna Power Lock + HSW will last around 3 months on my car.

As of standalone waxes, I like Meguiars Yellow Wax for easy application, Meguiars Ultimate Wax for look and Menzerna Power Lock for durability. I haven't tried Sonax Polymer Netshield but as per reviews its very good or some say its better then 845.

I have used other paste waxes before so do have an idea on the hardword required to do it manually. Will be using just a 3m shampoo to clean car before applying the 476. Is it fine or is claying/polishing required before 476 to get better results than collinite 845. My car paint is in good condition generally as its mostly parked in basement or under shade and i used to be regular in waxing till sometime back.
Depends on the car condition. Clay if it has above surface bonded contaminants, Polish if the paint is looking dull or I do it twice a year. If you just want to remove existing wax then use strong shampoo like Armorall heavyduty wash. I guess 3m shampoo will not cut but you can check water beading and sleekness after wash to see if there is any wax.

Put some wax on the pad that comes with it and apply it to your car in a circular motion. Wax the entire vehicle, as the polishing process can leave the paint unprotected from the sun. Apply the wax one body panel at a time as well.

Top Bottom