How Do You Deal With Long Waiting Periods?

Thread Starter #1
Hey guys,

The delivery periods of most of the cars in India are getting longer and longer. The normal waiting period for most cars varies from 2- 4 weeks but then there are Maruti's Swift , Hyundai Verna etc. who's waiting period goes upto 6 months.

I booked a Verna Crdi almost a month back and still there is no news when will I get the car. Now at this point I thought I ll ask all the members to share their experiences, how they dealt with the elongated waiting period.

Lets see what new ideas we come up with which can reduces our anxiety a little bit.

Cheers

Re: Long Waiting period - How did you deal with it ???

A very valid question, isnt it? What to do in the waiting period, except for waiting obviously! [:)] Well read more about the car you are going to get, get the facts separated out from fiction. Learn about driving techniques, learn more about engine. And yes travel in public transport, that will make you yearn for your car even more. Let the wait give you shrills down the spine! The day you will be able to lay your hands on it, you will fall in love with it for the sheer thrill for controlling the speed on your own![glasses]

Or if you are sensible, borrow a car from your friend and use it for your chores!

Re: Long Waiting period - How did you deal with it ???

Well,my best way of waiting is the WAITING itself.
Why?Because you can't really do anything till then.
Take your another car/bike,call your friends and head towards the nearest restaurant/club/pub and spend a whole evening there..then come back home and sleep.
So 2 days in a week are over,then concentrate on studies and GF both at the same time(I know its impossible)..and you will see that whole year will pass like it was just a second...:biggrin:

Either change the model or people should book it much in advance. In any case, if you don't like it, you can cancel it.

Either change the model or people should book it much in advance. In any case, if you don't like it, you can cancel it.
Waiting for up to 3 months can be fathomed, but waiting almost year for a car in this modern era is completely ridiculous, no modern car is that good over its competition to command a waiting of 8 months, unless the customer is suffering from a phobia known as herd mentality.

i agree with @xover! why should people wait..well company should increase their capacity when they know demand is becoming bigger! i will say get to know more abt your car by reading and asking questions!! and keep bugging your sales guy also!! [glasses]

Well. Waiting is good as one gets a chance to look back and realise whether the decision made was actually correct or not. They can spend time gaining more knowledge about the car (booked). Maintain constant contact with sales person and manager as and when possible. More you bug them with your questions, more eager they would become to get rid of you [;)].

If by any chance you are in a hurry. Change the model and enjoy, all cars are the same or serve the same purpose.

Note: After seeing the successful implementation plan by MS for Swift. Most of the car manufacturers are following the way by checking the amount of car they manufacture vs demand. If the product is good, it will sell like hot cakes and people are ready to wait.

All the best.

Doesn't it feel ugly to wait for 3 or 4 months like in 1980's.

Agreed if it is a custom built extra-ordinary machine, wait is worth. else it is like "Ration ki dukaan" endless queue for same stuff .

I hate to wait even for a month. so I opted for Fiat .

Doesn't it feel ugly to wait for 3 or 4 months like in 1980's.

Agreed if it is a custom built extra-ordinary machine, wait is worth. else it is like "Ration ki dukaan" endless queue for same stuff .

I hate to wait even for a month. so I opted for Fiat .
Hats off jayadev for your decision, but of course you are a TAIan so you don't buy cars based upon your neighbour's decision.But you rather buy it based upon your own heart and prudence.People of punjab and haryana should take some cues from you on how to buy a perfect car following your heart not just to show off your wealth and imitate your neighbour IMO.

@ jaydev, agreed , about custom made car, it is possible for dezire and verna maker s to do so, if they can not reduce the waiting period, but they are not doing it.
Maruti has killed its own original (esteem )bussiness, by introdusing fiat powered dezire.

@ amit one can pass this time reading reviews on net about car., and he should be ready to face the waiting period for the spares.

Accessories and upgrades can be reasearched and planed in this time.

Thread Starter #11
Its been 3 months 15 days and counting from the day I booked my car still there is no surety to when I am going to get my car. Have been reading all the various threads about Verna but to be true all the excitement is over.

Like at this point I have even stopped calling my dealer to ask about the car cause I know he is going to tell the same thing, we trying to get it asap and blah blah. Infact, there was a time when I was actually thinking about canceling the car and go ahead with ANHC even though with my monthly usage petrol car didn't make any sense. We were also thinking about a higher version like Cruz or something but then I knew nothing could be done and really wanted Verna.

Once the dealer did call me and ask to pay the difference in down payment or else it might take more time. At this point I blasted on him and told him give me this in writing and even cancel my booking. He got all scared and apologized saying his manager asked him to do so. I told him if you actually think I am going to pay you some 5 Lac rupee without getting a car ? He answered that way they can speed up the process a little bit I told him that I am writing a mail to Hyundai India specifying the SE and the manger name. He got really scared and actually pleaded not to do that and never bought about the down payment again

Last edited:
Its been 3 months 15 days and counting from the day I booked my car still there is no surety to when I am going to get my car. Have been reading all the various threads about Verna but to be true all the excitement is over.

Like at this point I have even stopped calling my dealer to ask about the car cause I know he is going to tell the same thing, we trying to get it asap and blah blah. Infact, there was a time when I was actually thinking about canceling the car and go ahead with ANHC even though with my monthly usage petrol car didn't make any sense. We were also thinking about a higher version like Cruz or something but then I knew nothing could be done and really wanted Verna.

Once the dealer did call me and ask to pay the difference in down payment or else it might take more time. At this point I blasted on him and told him give me this in writing and even cancel my booking. He got all scared and apologized saying his manager asked him to do so. I told him if you actually think I am going to pay you some 5 Lac rupee without getting a car ? He answered that way they can speed up the process a little bit I told him that I am writing a mail to Hyundai India specifying the SE and the manger name. He got really scared and actually pleaded not to do that and never bought about the down payment again
There's no end to what these *bleep* would do/say to ensnare gullible car buyers. Good that you sorted him out.

Coming to the topic, even though the adage goes 'intezaar ka phal meetha hota hai" (the fruits of patience are sweet), I know many people who booked a particular car because they were absolutely smitten by it, but casually started checking out other cars because there was nothing else they could do during the booking period. During this casual checking, they changed their decision (better car, frustrated by the waiting period, etc), cancelled their original booking, and got home another car (and may or may not lived happily thereafter).

Get the drift? [evil]

How to deal with waiting periods ??????

Guys
I am starting this thread as i am fed up of waiting for delivery of Dezire LDI.It has 2 months since i booked and dealer is saying it will take 3 more months [cry]

I am just visiting TAI, looking at other people dezire and hoping for my car to come. Its very hard to wait [anger]

How do you guys manage the waiting period [roll]

Re: How to deal with waiting periods ??????

Before booking a car, you should check certain things. And delivery time is one of them. If you know, the car is going to take time, and still you go for it, then you definitely like the car and will own it at any cost. If you cant wait, just dont go for a car with long waiting time. Waiting time of 5-6 months for a dezire is normal.
I feel dezire is not worth waiting so much. There are other cars which are much better, comaparble price and are delivered much earlier.
How much did the dealer say about delivery time at the time of booking. If by any chance he said 2 months, start jumping on his head.

Top Bottom