How Do You Deal With Long Waiting Periods?

if the car is excellent then try to pay the dealer extra and get the car quicker else book another car. Who the wants to wait for 7-8 months for a SWIFT when you have better products in the market.

Dealer said 6 months waiting [anger]
Well, then he can safely make you wait for 6 months. If you don't mind losing some bucks and be driving another car in few weeks' time then cancel this booking. Dezire isn't worth so much of waiting.. Even if you plan to wait for 6 months for Dezire, MAKE SURE he gives you the latest manufactured car. Check VIN. Many times they will try to dump an old/ TD vehicle to you. BEWARE!!
And keep bugging him on a daily basis. + visits to dealership if its nearby. Dont let him forget you.

if the car is excellent then try to pay the dealer extra and get the car quicker else book another car. Who the wants to wait for 7-8 months for a SWIFT when you have better products in the market.
+10 Totally agree.

Though i have never been in that situation till now, but pretty soon i will be in the queue too. But if i was in that situation i would go ahead and read reviews about the car and try to get as much information as i can. keep myself busy in other things like some kind of sports or so. And if you are working or studying then you can probably keep up with the waiting period as you will be busy with work/studies. hang around with friends and last not the least WAIT..[;)]

Well after this shock news of 1.75 lac tax i have emailed maruti customercare to know the official waiting period in dezire LDI(White). Lets see what do they say [;)]

On another forum i have read that people are saying maruti dealers are now calling them to take delivery of dezire and swift diesel models. Now the dealers are not quoting long waiting periods.

Some members there said this could be because-Maybe Maruti is panicking because they have loads of bookings for diesel vehicles so the conveyor belt is already running at the factory in overdrive. And perhaps some bookings are being cancelled at the same time. So they have current stock and anticipate more diesel vehicles to come in.

I am still informed that you will need to wait for swift 6-8 weeks and dzire 10 - 15 weeks
I don't see a point waiting for a car delivery that too in 2012
looks like loan sanction is fast these days than car delivery

On another forum i have read that people are saying maruti dealers are now calling them to take delivery of dezire and swift diesel models. Now the dealers are not quoting long waiting periods.

Some members there said this could be because-Maybe Maruti is panicking because they have loads of bookings for diesel vehicles so the conveyor belt is already running at the factory in overdrive. And perhaps some bookings are being cancelled at the same time. So they have current stock and anticipate more diesel vehicles to come in.
I was offered Swift Vdi & Dzire in beige color off the shelf last week. Came to know cancellations have already being done by buyers after seeing this news. Wonder how buyers fall prey, but petro min must be smiling at this. [:D]
Many cos deliberately keep waiting period high so as to show how great the product is and has many buyers behind it. Wrong practise on part of car co.[evil]

Are we buying swift or custom made Rolls Royce to wait for so long ?

I earlier booked Swift ZDI, but due to the strike in Manesar plant and no specific delivery. I found the best way of dealing with wwaiting period.

I cancelled Swift and bought PUNTO. :-)
After cancellation in Oct-Nov 2011, I dint get my refund, but received call from dealer in Feb 2012 that the ZDI I booked is not available and I can have VDI. [lol]

On that I informed him that I have already cancelled the Swift and eagerly waiting for my refund. The SE who booked my car left the dealer and new guy knew nothing.

Damn Maruti
Even after a official complaint and a complaint no about the official waiting period for Dezire LDI in Delhi , maruti people have not replied. It has been 10 days now.
what should i do now 3 months over waiting for my dezire LDI [cry]

Top Bottom