How Do You Clean Your Car?

Well,my car is getting washed not more than once or twice a week,about waxing,it is yet to get it done first time.
But at last I find the simple and extremely DESI technique of my chauffy very good because our cars are still shining and they take just 15 minutes to get cleaned.
Else cleaning a big sedan is 15 minutes using all soaps and shampoo stuff is simply impossible...you need hours for it.

I do it myself on alternative days, and a detailed wash and interior cleaning once a week (mostly Sunday). I didn't employ anybody to do it because, this is the time you get to care your car, observe any scratches etc., and the best workout you can do at least.

Once in a month, get a detailed vacuum cleaning; full wash including under body and engine from any car wash centres.

Planning to do "Floor Lamination" to make the cleaning job much easier and keep the car to look much brighter and spacious. Any suggestion where I can get this done in Bangalore?

woah thats a neat job done there figoian, no need to vacuum, and no smelly cabin in the monsoon how much did you pay for this? i had seen a tavern laminated but it was clear plastic.

Looking at this,I must say that I will be happier with my normal floor mats.
Now a days I have heard a lot about some KAGU/KUGA(Not sure of true name)floor mats which come as per the fitting of the car from factory itself.I'll try them instead.

Looking at this,I must say that I will be happier with my normal floor mats.
Now a days I have heard a lot about some KAGU/KUGA(Not sure of true name)floor mats which come as per the fitting of the car from factory itself.I'll try them instead.
Its 3D Kagu Mats, bit costly though.

woah thats a neat job done there figoian, no need to vacuum, and no smelly cabin in the monsoon how much did you pay for this? i had seen a tavern laminated but it was clear plastic.
Nickandre: Hope you missed my earlier posts. I need to get this done and looking for a reasonable and skillful place in Bangalore.

those are 3D mats might cost 2K to 5K.
Very expensive but we can make the interiors clean very easily with out vacuum cleaners.

350Z

Core Team
We're moving off topic. Please feel free to create a new thread to discuss more on this topic.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Here is a very simple question:-
Many people spray water in engine bay too,so is it a good practice?
I mean doesn't it affect parts like alternator etc and many other vital parts(in petrol cars)?

Hi DR,
My first message here.
I really need a good guide to clean my M800s(two of them - dad's one and mine). Till date it was being done by our driver but now I wanna do it myself. I have no confidence on him as I can see some rusts here and there of dad's care which is 8 years now and mine is four.

Thanx [:)]

the guys at the showroom itself spray water in pressure, what i do is take a degreaser spray and spray it around the engine bay take a sponge and work clean then wipe of with a damp cloth. works well. then use black trim dresser. just avoid water near the ecu fuse box and ignition coils. or else use a damp cloth and clean. i guess the alternator has insulation material on the coils, causes its bare open and also the region around there has open grilles so in the rains i bet water droplets must be making its way

Last edited:
Exterior
I mix a a little colin in a bucket of water and clean the vehicle.. I always wipe the glasses dry, and occasionally leave other part to dry by itself..

Occasionally i take bits of old newspapers to wipe the water off(malayalam newspapers are good for that [;)]) from the whole car(make sure that the printing ink doesn't spread on contact with water)..

I haven't waxed my car yet(1.4 years - 23K KM's)

Interior

I have put an extra set of mats in my car so I took them out and dust them off..

Clean the dash with colin and

Once gave the interior for a shampoo wash in maruti service center (only once since i have brought the car - costed 750 Rs. but even the top portion was cleaned).

But my regular car care is dusting the dirt off from the windows/wind shield and cleaning them with water..

I take my car to washing center once in a week, which is good and they first clean the interiors with compressed air then vacuum the same. Also they clean the engine bay with compressed air. Then they wash the car with shampoo and water. Pretty neat job they do. By doing this there are very less swirl marks on my i10.

One more thing, I heard about some windshield liquid, which reduces glare and increases visibility, it also doesn't let the water droplets to stick on windshield. Any idea where I can get this in Pune?

Top Bottom