How Do You Clean Car A/C Vents?

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
A car’s air-conditioner vents are something which tends to become dirty so frequently, In fact not only the A/C vents but there are few other interior parts as well where cloth can not work out easily, the method which I find best is by cleaning using a medium size Paint Brush. What about yours?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi dude,

Same here. I do use paint brush to clean the dash and other interior stuffs.
I have seen people using vacuum cleaners with a soft brush attached to it.

I have also seen many using detergents as a cleaner for leather seats.
Mix detergent with warm water. Dip a soft cloth into the mixture and squeeze it.
Then rub hard on the dirty regions. This will show a good result. [:)]

One more thing that shows good result is applying oil to dash.
Coconut oil is the one that wont smell. A soft cloth with a little bit of oil in it do wonders.This also works with exteriors.

Last edited:
apart from cleaning them , good practice is using the dis infectant once in 6 month. even i dont use them!

there are numerous bacteria in cooling coils which must be cleaned. Except top class cars , no other manufactures does them at service.

the dis infectant can is 1200- can be used only twice. That is for 12 month!!

the brand is wurth

I do use a vaccum cleaner for interior cleaning but it isnt effective on dirts in ac vents. I use folded tissue for clearing the dust and rest of the cleaning is done a A.S.S.

ilango[speed thirst];38934 said:
apart from cleaning them , good practice is using the dis infectant once in 6 month. even i dont use them!

there are numerous bacteria in cooling coils which must be cleaned. Except top class cars , no other manufactures does them at service.

the dis infectant can is 1200- can be used only twice. That is for 12 month!!

the brand is wurth
I do disinfect my cars interiors with diluted dettol twice a year. Thats mainly because one of our cars is driver driven, htough this disinfetcion is done in my other car too.

Thread Starter #13

350Z

Core Team
Hi dude,Same here. I do use paint brush to clean the dash and other interior stuffs.

I have also seen many using detergents as a cleaner for leather seats.
Mix detergent with warm water. Dip a soft cloth into the mixture and squeeze it.Then rub hard on the dirty regions. This will show a good result.

One more thing that shows good result is applying oil to dash.
Coconut oil is the one that wont smell. A soft cloth with a little bit of oil in it do wonders.This also works with exteriors.
Marun, those were some nice suggestions. The coconut oil trick is new to me, Have you tried it and does it gives a shiny effect on dashboard and body, after applying? Another thing - Won't the applied oil attract more dust particles later?

ilango[speed thirst];38934 said:
I do disinfect my cars interiors with diluted dettol twice a year. Thats mainly because one of our cars is driver driven, htough this disinfetcion is done in my other car too.
I’m interested to know in detail about disinfecting, why not share with us more in a new thread?

Drive Safe,
350Z

I’m interested to know in detail about disinfecting, why not share with us more in a new thread?

Drive Safe,
350Z
Its not a big tedious procedure. Just wet the tissue with diluted dettol solution and wipe off on commonly used parts/areas like steering wheels, driver seats.

Disinfecting the AC vents was done to my Safari in Carnation when i last serviced there for Rs.400.

Well , i have a guy who cleans both my cars both inside as well as outside. Interior cleaning will be done once a week with Vacuum cleaner. Apart from this exterior shampoo wash also once a week.

Top Bottom