How Do You Avoid The Traffic?

How Do You Avoid The Traffic?

• Leave Early for Work

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Listen to Music

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Share Your Car / Do Car Pool

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Traveling distance to work is less (Less than 5 Km)

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Any other idea (Please specify)

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For me, it is all about knowing the multiple options to your regular destinations (office, school for kids, etc).

I take the car only once in 2-3 days, not just because of traffic. In my bike, I can go into all kinds of roads & reach my destination without getting struck in traffic signals / snarls (except very few). And if I can see a physical pile-up, then immediately turn into smaller lanes / u-turn & choose another route. My route to regular destinations are never fixed.

If I had to take the car, it is because of more than 2 members / something heavy or delicate to carry / some additional work requiring the space or comfort. In such cases, I will always plan for alternatives & keep them ready at hand (mentally). Route planning is the most essential step (especially in city traffic), including a mental map of which lane to drive, on which roads & when. For regular destinations, I will usually drive in multiple routes at different times of the day to get used to the conditions. Then it is in your muscle memory. For irregular destinations, either Google Maps / luck!

For highways, early bird catches the worm. Although getting the family members to start early is a pain, it is worth it. I still have to master the art of late starts / enjoying the drive (especially when I am driving). I have no qualms of enjoying the drive when I am not in the driver seat though!

Top Bottom