How Do I Maintain Second Hand Car?

Thread Starter #1
Hello People.

I have a few question for all the GURUS. As i know know very little about cars i request you people to give me your opinions. I have a second hand card which has done around 62k it was previously owned by my brother he gave it to me and as hes on trip abroad for some months i am in charge of the maintenance of the car.

My questions are.

1. After how many months should i get the car serviced?
2. Where should i get it done? A.S.S or some garage?
3. What all things should i tell him to check? [he might try to fool me]

Thanks in advance.

Re: Maintenance

Its always best to get all vehicles (new or 2nd hand) serviced from the authorised station. They will identify and highlight any issues that you are not aware/missed.

Once every 5000 kms is a good standard to get servicing done.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4

What car is it in the first place ?
Ford ikon

Its always best to get all vehicles (new or 2nd hand) serviced from the authorised station. They will identify and highlight any issues that you are not aware/missed.

Once every 5000 kms is a good standard to get servicing done.
I have heard that A.S is a rip off they keep adding unnecessary things to bill which is not required.

Ford ikon

I have heard that A.S is a rip off they keep adding unnecessary things to bill which is not required.
Have you not got the manual with the car from the previous owner ? I think for Ford you need to get it serviced after every 10000kms or one year, whichever is earlier.

As far as, ripping you of my over charging or adding unnecessary items. You should refer to owners manual and understand at what interval what should be changed.

What is the ODO reading ? I am sure Ford (Ikon) owners would suggest you based on ODO reading.

Congratulations on buying a car. Which model ? At what prices ?

Thread Starter #6

Have you not got the manual with the car from the previous owner ? I think for Ford you need to get it serviced after every 10000kms or one year, whichever is earlier.

As far as, ripping you of my over charging or adding unnecessary items. You should refer to owners manual and understand at what interval what should be changed.

What is the ODO reading ? I am sure Ford (Ikon) owners would suggest you based on ODO reading.

Congratulations on buying a car. Which model ? At what prices ?
my car has done 62k and its a ford ikon 1.3 flair version and its was a gift so its free [clap]

350Z

Core Team
1. After how many months should i get the car serviced?
When was the last time your car went servicing? This is the service schedule of Ford Ikon 1.3: 5,000 Kms (Free) > 10,000 Kms (Free) > 20,000 Kms > 30,000 Kms > 40,000 Kms > 50,000 Kms > 1,00,000 Kms.

2. Where should i get it done? A.S.S or some garage?
Authorized after sales service centre. Highly recommended.

This happens in most of the cases but what's the assurance that a local garage won't rob you? (Unless you already know him).

3. What all things should i tell him to check? [he might try to fool me]
This would totally depend upon condition of car. Try to take an estimate of the work involved. Let us know and then maybe we can help a little from here.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I have a few question for all the GURUS. As i know know very little about cars i request you people to give me your opinions. I have a second hand card which has done around 62k it was previously owned by my brother he gave it to me and as hes on trip abroad for some months i am in charge of the maintenance of the car.
buddy from where your bro used to get it serviced?? service your car from there only!

Top Bottom