How Do I Clean a Black Car on Daily Basis?

Buy a good quality car cover which reflects heat out rather than transmits heat in(unless ur car also doubles up as a microwave [;)]), when you start the car on a warm day , open all glasses and ventilate enough before starting the ac. As long as the cover is of good quality and kept relatively clean it shouldnt cause any harm to the car
That was Useful[clap], Well I have the showroom cover for Swift it looks good though, my car is white, cover is white, adding to the advantage I park my car below a tree so most the day its rests in shade[:D], speaking about the quality, I hope these covers will not be a cause for windshield scratches if any??

Drive Safe.
Santosh.V

well santosh mate not sure whats giving u this windshield scratch phobia! do not worry mate.
Most of us sleep with a blanket on , does it give scratches ? well not unless you have your gf within it too [lol]

well santosh mate not sure whats giving u this windshield scratch phobia! do not worry mate.
Most of us sleep with a blanket on , does it give scratches ? well not unless you have your gf within it too [lol]
Well Mate I could Not control my laugh [lol]. Well thanks a ton for reassuring me. Agree with what you said[thumbsup]. Thanks again..

Drive Safe
Santosh.V

Yes, You must be facing a pain to clean the car (As in my Mahindra Scorpio :anger:).
Maybe, You can get a nice cover (Some military cloth, it is said, Kirpal/Tirpal,[lol] i think). It costed me Rs.700 for my Maruti Alto. The dust does penetrates in but it is better than the simple cloth one at MASS.
For Cleaning - Dont use a wet cloth for wiping on dry car (I feel it makes the dust wet and more sticky!). First sprinkle water on the car with a pipe and then wipe it with cloth (Any cloth,I use the one which are sold in Red Lights in delhi, The ORANGE coloured one.).
Cheers.
Lxi... Its called Tarpaul , the material that is actually put on Goods lorry.

It is way too heavy, so the material is a plasticky type polypropylene fabric called as Technalon is used nowadays.

The material outside is usually Silver coloring outside for heat rejection, with inside blue in color.

Covering with cover has less dust compared to non covered one's.

Advantages , one can save a lot of water by covering the car after a wash.

And one must use the polish sparingly, it must not be used always.

For cleaning i use none other than old baniyans, no need of wasting money for those orange clothes that are sold at Red light :biggrin:(in one word-Signals.)
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info IronRock. This is exactly what happens to me, I waxed my Maruti Alto and there was some dust on the Floor (Just below the silencer), I started the car and accelerated and all the dust blew up and sticked to my car! I think he was loving the waxed car's bumpers! [:)]

CAn you suggest any Anti-Static solution? Price?
I use a Car polish Canauba Wax from Sonax, costed 350/-.

Have been using from the past 6 months , results are excellent.

Last edited:

lxi.

Suspended
I use Formula 1 Car Wax. It costed me Rs.300.
The wax leaves marks (Like the paint has faded) when not wiped properly (Which i never do!). So, I use it very often. I give the car for washing (In front of me) to aftermarket garages/workshops most of the time.

Well i too own a black verna things to remember

1. Dont wash it regularly as you will invite swirls!
2. Use a cover to have it covered when not in use.
3. Get the jopasu duster from ebay and dust the car before and after use
4. One a month wash and wax is what i follow!

Most likely cause of swirls is dirty clothes used to clean the car or improper use of rubbing compounds. Hence always use a good quality clean micro fiber towel(use more than 1 when u wax) or 100% soft clean cotton towel.

Most good quality wax will mask the swirl marks.

I recommend forum members to try collinite and please share their feedback on it [:)]

Top Bottom