How Classic / Vintage Vehicles Are Allowed To Be Driven on Roads?

Thread Starter #16
hmm suppose some vintagecar lying scarp and i want to restore and participate in rallies means I wont be able to do it??

because i wont be knowing original owner nor i will have the papers of car also i dont think bribe etc works in some places!

I just read through the thread and saw several statements which are either wrong or just plain stupid.

Firstly, About the Fitness certification.

"Any car above 15 years f age from the time of its registration has to get a fitness certificate, which is valid for 5 years". I read on the previous page that is it valid for just a year. And that info is well...incorrect.

Also, the reasons Vintage and classic cars are allowed to run on the road is because 99% of them are in better nick than 5 year old Tata Indicas. And of course, they are a rare sight which the public enjoys. So..

Public reaction is exactly why I enjoy taking my cars out for a sunday morning drive to Marine drive and the Gateway of india. The smiles make all the restoration processes and the blood and sweat and money I put into my cars worth it. I have even been flagged down by several foreigners on various instances as they wanted to take pictures of the car.

Like some mentioned previously , after 15 years you have to get a fitness certificate every five years to run your cars on the road. Last year my 27 year old ambassador had fitness test , took it to the rto we had an agent known there , he brought the inspector, the inspector inspected the car from a distance and told us to get the running boards painted as they were in primer . After painting took it to the rto the inspector took a look opened the bonnet and noted down the vin number and our car was passed. Nothing was checked , but if you don't have contacts the inspector will find various flaws and will try to fail the car in the test.

After 15 years one needs to pay green tax as well as Rc renew charges as well as if yours is a book RC you will be charged an extra 200 bucks for the card RC to be given to you. and if this involves only you and no agent then a test drive with the breaking in consideration is taken as well as. i forgot to mention the FC ( Fitness Certificate charge) and road tax for 5 years which varies as per your vehicle. AFAS the BSIII and BSIV i think all tier 2 cities BSII a BSIII both doesnt posses any harm. am not sure about this but i think i heard so. however regarding vintages im sure one needs to have records for it. may not be VIN no matching the Engine No or Vice versa but papers are surely reqd

Top Bottom