How and When Did Your Car Got Its First Damage?

Thread Starter #1
How long you drove your car before it got a scratch/dent, To share your not so memorable experinces..[cry]

Yesterday Only got my new Wagon R CNG was in cloud 9, but before odometer can read 50 & clock 30 hrs got big bigg & really biggg Scratches .All my fault was taking car for short spin just during reverse got engaged with santro which was old enough to be called Vintage. My heart is all broken the most frustrating cant blame anyone. all my fault. so hoping someone else might share their stories or we can say pain. akhr" dukh batne se ghta hia. :("

Will post some pics by tomorrow. [cry]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Astitva,

To console you, its a part & parcel of owning a car. If you would not cause a dent or scratch someone else would do it, I cant tell you not to feel bad but can surely tell you take it easy as even a minor scratch to my car or bike my heart aches. So take it easy and speaking about my experience I was very new to driving probably a year ago must say, It was raining cats & dogs I was driving my car in a narrow lane, toward the end of the lane there was this huge elevated footpath I just steered left & there comes the sound "thud" which made me skip a heartbeat[cry]. I pulled the car to a side even though it was raining but could not make out where was the impact. My friend said it was to the tyres and that should not be a concern. I just continued, it was only the next day I realized it was a visible dent near the skirtings[frustration]felt heartbroken. But now when I see it I feel its hardly noticable to others except me [:)] as it toward the bottom. So relieved in that way, after that due to other negligence I ve got a couple of small dents & scratches but as I mentioned its a part & parcel cant help it. Enjoy your drive.

Drive Safe
Santosh

WHen my Civic came, right after 2 weeks my mom got it heavily damaged on the right rear door. she scraped the apartment main gate quite badly. that was it really.

It was my first & erstwhile love (Uno fiat) in 2002, we were driving@approx 40 kmph, near sarasbaug, suddenly a beggar came in then way, we stopped suddenly.A scooter rear ended left tail lamp cluster to break it.We shouted at him, but we left without any compensationdue to lack of time.
The scooter rider was claiming that it wasn't his fault, what can he do if the car stops suddenly?[frustration]

Ad!tya

Suspended
When my Alto came, almost a week later, I was driving at moderate speed 30-40kph and the car ahead of me suddenly applied brakes (dog came in between), I also jammed the brakes but the bike behind me didn't! The guy banged in from the rear and broke LHS taillight and left a dent on the tailgate!
Cuold not tell him anything as he fell off from the bike and was injured!

@Astitva:
It's really sad to hear about your brand new car. Getting a dent on very first day is extremely painful.

When my(I mean MY) car got it's first dent?
I was yet to even see her and an uncle of mine got it's tail light touch a truck's front bumper while overtaking(as per him and my father-the only occupants of the car that time).
Second one came with me driving, I just reversed the car and hit a parked bike and ran over it till my rear tyre touched it, rear mud guard got badly scratched in that and bumper got slight dent....thanks to my phone.

6 months, car went for total loss
broke 5 ribs, had 15 stitches on face and 2 on tongue
lucky to be alive

Oops. Really sorry to know the sad parts from everyone. Here is mine. Third day I start driving my new M800, I was going to a client's place [At Thiruvallur] and I was following [Near Avadi bus stand] Vestibule Bus. I was going behind him on left side. Suddenly he turns to right and I was seeing that his right rear edge is going to hit my car and wanted to take left. Being that is bus stand area I could n't because of the crowd. By this time he hit my front right head light and that area.

That is it. When I check the head light was hanging outside. Some how I reset it by self and started to client's place. At clients place some drivers help me to rearrange it and it was okie. Only problem was the dent in the front.

With my sparky my first accident took place in jan 2012 after 3 months. Pls go thru this post

lucky to be alive
[shock] Oh M G ! i hope you are fine now .

2 days ago i got front bumper repainted as i got scratched when i accidentally brushed right side of it to Divider and today morning i saw another big scratch on car's Left mirror and a scratch on Left side of bumper and door. I guess some one made a wrong move while parking against my car and now i've to pay for it. [frustration]

[shock] Oh M G ! i hope you are fine now .

woah!!! [surprise] that is really really bad!
happens but life moves on.

happened in 2002, i was over speeding and lost control. lucky I banged into a tree and there was no loss of life.

the worst part was breaking of ribs. had to sleep on floor. laughing, coughing , moving and even applying a little bit of pressure in the loo used to make me feel like hell. Remember after the accident, the first thing the PCR guys did was to smell me and am sure they were disappointed.

Irony was i was going to Bangla Sahib Gurudwara.

How long you drove your car before it got a scratch/dent, To share your not so memorable experinces..[cry]

Yesterday Only got my new Wagon R CNG was in cloud 9, but before odometer can read 50 & clock 30 hrs got big bigg & really biggg Scratches .All my fault was taking car for short spin just during reverse got engaged with santro which was old enough to be called Vintage. My heart is all broken the most frustrating cant blame anyone. all my fault. so hoping someone else might share their stories or we can say pain. akhr" dukh batne se ghta hia. :("

Will post some pics by tomorrow. [cry]
so sad buddy

lucky to be alive
luckily nothing happend to you
felt sooo bad.

After some one and half years of upgrading from 800 to fiesta.
I got my first scratch in front wheel arch last week.
i dont know were??????
Think that was done by some one in car parking somewhere.[cry]

I remember my BS2 Wagor in 2005,when it was approx 10kkm old received a dent on its front fender first time in herlife from a omni which was reversing in b2b traffic[frustration] in pune. I claimed insurance.

Then recently my manza..(again insurance and 7 days)

Post running in, fully turbo charged drive continued

Meanwhile, I remember , there was no ' left pull, steering wobble' , but credited it to Ranjangaon Ganesh(one of the Ashtavinayak) rather than Ranjangaon tata factory.

We reached , the Ambegaon village, from there onwards I had to slow down, due to increased traffic, further at the Varje , there was bumper to bumper traffic, inspite of being on Mumbai-Bengluru , pune bye pass.
All were moving at snail's pace, but there was nobody close behind me,suddenly I felt someone has pushed the my manza from behind. My wife and daughter were asleep on rear seat. I alighted to see what is happening behind, my son shouted at me, asking reason . It was 7:30 pm approx.

I found , my rear bumper was , torn [15 cm], dented, on left side, with boot lid bent. Front bumper of a Maruti Alto coming with high speed , had collided , Alto's add on iron pipe bumper was bent towards its radiator, its bonnet bent, the driver was not able to come out due to jammed door.

I confirmed, that there was no casuality in side, He came out through passeger side door, I scolded him for his irresponsible driving. I asked him to come to Police station to report the accident.

He called up someone, then said, he will come morrow morning to the TASS and pay Rs 10,000, I didn't believed him, refused , and insisted on police complaint

Someone joined him, and agreed to come to police.I went to police chowky nobody was there, later on police came, lodged complaint, it was 11:30 pm by now, mean while my family had dinner.
Alto man did not came.
Police contacted him repeatedly on cellphone no. provided by me, asked him to come up , He said that the accident is minor. Then he said , he is taking treatment from a doctor, Then he said that the doctor has adviced him bed rest, hence unable to come. Police said that
they want to come there and see the doctor and his health.Alto man reached police station within 5 minutes.! Police reassured me appropriate action against the alto driver.

We thanked both Ranjangaon Ganesh , Ranjangaon tata factory for the sturdy built and no casualties.

New car ,20 days old, accident, we were disturbed, returned back home at 1 am.yo
@Highway ranger, R_D, autosafari, t 78, thank you, for the sympathy, and consolation.
In pune it is obsolete to show sympathy, as such type of non fatal dent\paint\plastic damage accident s are so common, no car is spared in its initial 2 years, later on the suffered car becomes cause of such insidents.

I hope puneite TAI ans would agree with me.

@tornado 78, yes , it was tata's home made steel which saved us from more loss.,
I decided to to run the car , in same condition, for few days so as to diagnose any other
damage, as TASS men would have said, all other things are ok.

@ rudolf, I also had similar feelings, but refrained myself.
I request you to get the reverse camera (preferably with sensors )earliest, it is money well spent for wider and taller manza back, it helps us visualise animals horns, kids , behind car, also saves money on painting, denting.

@ autosafari, no insurance covers only 50% of plastic\rubber.(united India)

Top Bottom