How and When Did Your Car Got Its First Damage?

350Z

Core Team
The first damage hurts, regardless of how small or big it is. My car received first scratch when it was parked. I still suspect those teens who were chatting while leaning against the car with a pen in their hand (pointing downwards towards the car). Ever since, I hate people who unnecessarily lean against my car. For the same reason, I also refrain from doing the same on someone else’s car.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I hate people who unnecessarily lean against my car. For the same reason, I also refrain from doing the same on someone else’s car.
100+ for that. Being my dad was a driver he also thought us the same thing. He don't even allow us to use our hands on car. Even I don't do that and I hate if someone does that to my car also [same way I hate people siting in bike when it is on its stand]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I hate people who unnecessarily lean against my car. For the same reason, I also refrain from doing the same on someone else’s car.
+1. just like you i put myself in other's position and think what would it be like if someone does the same with me or with my car.

ok this will be funny [lol]

1. santro and i10 - well we purchased both the cars in a month's gap and my dad dented both the cars while taking one of the car out [lol]

2. verna - well this was totally my fault. in fear that bike guys will hit the car i just tried to block the way so that they don't have any space to come near my car and scratch the paint. but what i did [sleep]

This happend sometime back when my dad was using the car. I do not know what happend exactly and never bothered to ask him. Since its my car now have decided to get it repaired during the next service. I have got an estimate of 6k for removing the dent and repainting the part above the wheel arch and the bumper(scratches).

Attachments

This happend sometime back when my dad was using the car. I do not know what happend exactly and never bothered to ask him. Since its my car now have decided to get it repaired during the next service. I have got an estimate of 6k for removing the dent and repainting the part above the wheel arch and the bumper(scratches).
Hope you can claim Insurance?

My first scratch and dent happened on 23rd June just 2 months after purchase. The complete fault was mine misjudged the turning and the rear left door , wheel arch and bumper got damaged. Will get repaired when it goes for first servicing.

When asked about the estimate bill they said about 15K and 4 days time. so thought to get it repaired at the time of servicing.

Here are the pics.

DSCN4171.jpg

DSCN4174.jpg

Photo0928.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had just finished my driving school and I had taken my Sister's car [she got married so its officially mine now] for a spin as my friend's wanted to see my car. Then there was this girl walking on the other side of the road. I was watching her and then a white swift had crossed my path and i did not get the proper judgement when to break. Banged his bumber and my Right Headlight. As usual the crowd gathered to see the "Tamasha". That guy was a Shivsena Karyakarta [Party member or something] but he was decent enough to talk to me nicely took my number and i told him will pay for the damages. Finally paid 500 will post the pictures as i have still not reapired it :stupid:

Getz: On the very day I bought it. Tried taking it to my uncles house which had a very narrow gate. Tried taking the car inside and manage to dent the C pillar. I cried that day.
The second time something bad happened was after 5 days. Parallel parked my car near a road-side sticker shop to get the doctor's sticker stuck on the rear windscreen. A manual labourer pulling a cart loaded with heavy parcels managed to pull out almost half of my bumper (the wheels of the cart had sharp metal spear-like things sticking out of it). Couldn't do anything as the guy was very poor and the cart was not his (belonged to his company).

Polo: Scratched by a stick. Don't know how or from where it happened. But it's minute and no one will notice it unless you tell them about it.

Last edited:
Getz: On the very day I bought it. Tried taking it to my uncles house which had a very narrow gate. Tried taking the car inside and manage to dent the C pillar. I cried that day.
The second time something bad happened was after 5 days. Parallel parked my car near a road-side sticker shop to get the doctor's sticker stuck on the rear windscreen. A manual labourer pulling a cart loaded with heavy parcels managed to pull out almost half of my bumper (the wheels of the cart had sharp metal spear-like things sticking out of it). Couldn't do anything as the guy was very poor and the cart was not his (belonged to his company).

Polo: Scratched by a stick. Don't know how or from where it happened. But it's minute and no one will notice it unless you tell them about it.
That is true. When your car got damaged [new or old] it is really bad. Even I feel that way.

Actually my sparky got a major hit when it was just 3 months old. We were on the way to Mahabalipuram and for a movie [Nanban] in Drive-in theater. On the way to mahabalipuram it got hit. but i did not want to spoil the kids and niece's mood and I just proceeded as per my plan. but on the entire trip my mind was fully thinking about the sparky only.

Friends,
Here is the story of the first dent (crash) on my one year old Polo in one of the most freak accidents ever. Happened on December 25th, 2012.

An Ape autorickshaw rammed on to the left rear door and wheel arch resulting in total damage of the door and a broken wheel arch.

I was stuck in a small block with one car in my front. There was a road on the left side of my car joining like a Y to the road I was in. This auto came out through this road, full speed. Since there was no vehicle behind my car, this guy kept on driving and crashed right into my car. The stupid auto driver was so drunken that he didnt realize his vehicle hit my car and kept on driving.

Since it was a junction people followed him and stopped him. I dealt him very well and made sure he will never ever drive like that.

My mom and my 3 year old nephew was sitting just near that door. By Gods grace nothing happened.

Car was taken to VW Kottayam showroom. Damage was assessed and estimate was taken. They quoted 50-60 K for full work. This included new door and new quarter panel. (For polo and vento it is one single metal sheets that runs from front till rear and again all the way till front.). Fixing the quarter panel was the most complex job. Damaged area was cut and taken out. Then brought a full piece, cut the required portion and welded to the car. I have attached a picture with the new door fitted and quarter plate welded.

It took them 4 weeks to get the components and complete the work. I visited them every weekend and made sure things are done properly. Work was very neat.

Total bill came to Rs. 60,000. Luckily I had zero dep insurance. So damage to pocket was Rs. 1400/-.

Attached are some pictures of damages and the car after works.

It was a very sad experience.

Attachments

They quoted 50-60 K for full work. This included new door and new quarter panel. (For polo and vento it is one single metal sheets that runs from front till rear and again all the way till front.).
Good work done.

What is the metal sheet you are talking about that runs along the car?

Good work done.

What is the metal sheet you are talking about that runs along the car?
I meant the red marked section in the below picture as per them is a single panel which they call Quarter Panel. That single part costs 30K. I am not sure how true it is. But since the work was though claim, I didn't bother.

Attachments

Top Bottom