Hot New Volkswagen Polo 1.2 GT TSi Comes To India

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFAIK,vento has a 6-speed Non DSG gearbox whereas polo houses a 7 speed DSG. Also,there are no paddle shifters in the Vento.
The GT doesn't have paddle shift either. It only has the tiptronic. It's only the Jetta and Parrat that have paddle shift. But paddle shifts are not a deal breaker. They are fun to use once in a while but once the novelty wears off, people will stick to the regular D or S mode. I know because I've been there :)

Jayd

Suspended
Volkswagen Polo comes with two encrypted keys.

Features like gear lock & GPS tracker are good to have, and will help you to insure your car's security. Honestly speaking these features these features are just great, at times prevents you from a big damage.

VW must have addressed these issued before launching Polo GT TSI. Also the torque to be handled by this gearbox is lesser in Polo. VW is offering 2+2 years warranty on DSG. So i don't think there is much reason to worry and it won't deter the buyers from getting hands on one. As far as pricing is concerned, its quite justified. You are getting a tough built hatchback with turbocharged petrol engine with power of a 1.6 engine, FE of 1.2 engine and torque of a Diesel(first in class), DSG(first in class), ESP(first in class), what more someone want at this price.
Only thing i want to say is that owners should take care of shifting to N when the car is on signals or held in traffic for longer intervals to avoid any overheating etc. Otherwise it will give you unmatched pleasure.

I have decided to go ahead with the A Star automatic as our second car, specially for my wife, which firstly prompted me to look at the polo tsi which is an auto box.

Two things that went against the polo tsi, were:
1. price: I was ok with upto 8.5L.
Blr on road would be 10L with heat reducing/resisting transparent glass film.
2. reliability. One thing that I will not compromise with, ever.

So, I am going to stick to my 2 year old Swift VDI (with about 33k on the odo) for all the fun for some time now. I have the same torque figures (actually 175 vis a vis 170 of the polo) starting a little later at 1800-2200 rpm, with loads of reliability. Read reliability in Caps. And Cheaper to run and maintain than any vw or skoda. The ebd, dsg, sports mode etc will have to wait for some time. Atleast for me.

Just saw the Autocar's show.Hormazd Sorabjee says that the Skoda Fabia is about to be discontinued.There goes the hope of getting a cheaper fabia tsi.
[frustration]

I have decided to go ahead with the A Star automatic as our second car, specially for my wife, which firstly prompted me to look at the polo tsi which is an auto box.
Did you just compare A-star and GT TSI?

So, I am going to stick to my 2 year old Swift VDI (with about 33k on the odo) for all the fun for some time now. I have the same torque figures (actually 175 vis a vis 170 of the polo) starting a little later at 1800-2200 rpm, with loads of reliability. Read reliability in Caps. And Cheaper to run and maintain than any vw or skoda. The ebd, dsg, sports mode etc will have to wait for some time. Atleast for me.
You forgot to consider swift's 75 bhp vs. GT's 105 bhp. But that's alright, you have some strange ways to compare which is perfectly fine. [;)]

Did you just compare A-star and GT TSI?

You forgot to consider swift's 75 bhp vs. GT's 105 bhp. But that's alright, you have some strange ways to compare which is perfectly fine. [;)]
I am NOT comparing the two. The reason that I took a test drive of the TSI was that the tsi also happens to be an automatic and I am in the market for a small auto hatchback car for my wife.

Yes, you are right about the 75-105 figures.

More importantly, All I am saying is that I will not be buying the tsi and that I will have to "make do" / " compromise " with my existing Vdi for all the enthusiastic driving that I could have done with the tsi. That's all.

Also forgot to mentioning in my first post where I have spoken about the test drive. The MID was not showing the instantaneous mileage. I checked with the sales guy accompanying me and he said that the instantaneous mileage figure were deactivated from the display on purpose.
Is this true? Did any of you notice this during your TD/s?.
Why? Does VW not want us to know the instantaneous mileage and that we may be discouraged to buy the car ? which forces us to ask, What kind of real world mileage kmpl figures is this car giving ?

More importantly, All I am saying is that I will not be buying the tsi and that I will have to "make do" / " compromise " with my existing Vdi for all the enthusiastic driving that I could have done with the tsi. That's all.
Alright.
In a way, your situation is all the more favorable in way that you can enjoy your swift for couple of more years till till your doubts about the DSG reliability are also cleared. Then you can go ahead for the desired enthusiastic drive.

About the instantaneous mileage thing, I am not sure why dealers would disable them. I haven't taken TD yet as the car hasn't arrived at showrooms for TD yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom