Hot New Volkswagen Polo 1.2 GT TSi Comes To India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot New Volkswagen Polo 1.2 TSi Caught Testing!!

Red color Polo looks good for girls. Good for your gf/wifey, bad for us.
I beg to differ. I think red is a sporty color. It is, according to me, the perfect color for the GT because it has the performance to match. It also suited the Polo 1.6 very well. :D

However, the DQ200 DSG 7 speed gearbox that the vw group had offered in India on the Skoda Supurb was a faulty one and the vw group issued a recall in China wrt the DQ200 DSG 7 speed. No such statement or recall or extended warranty was offered to owners of the particular gearbox in India.

I am afraid if the same dsg box is being used by vw on the polo gt. can somebody verify this gearbox on the Polo GT TSI and it's reliability.

However, the DQ200 DSG 7 speed gearbox that the vw group had offered in India on the Skoda Supurb was a faulty one and the vw group issued a recall in China wrt the DQ200 DSG 7 speed. No such statement or recall or extended warranty was offered to owners of the particular gearbox in India.

I am afraid if the same dsg box is being used by vw on the polo gt. can somebody verify this gearbox on the Polo GT TSI and it's reliability.
Like how many people have said, the DSG box can handle a maximum of 250Nm safely. The problem is that, in the Skoda, the gearbox was at it's limit with no leeway for any excess torque. That is why the box failed in them cars. This is my understanding from reading all the posts in various forums.
In the Polo, the box should have no problem because the maximum torque of the GT is 175Nm which is well within the safe limits of the box. Thus, hopefully, there should be no problem. IF there is any problem, I think people will have to come up with a new reason to justify the failure.

Regarding the recalls issued in China and non for India, well, come on. We all know the reason why. Look at the justice system in India. You'll understand.

Thread Starter #79

Buddy one simple question:
Which manufacturer despite of knowing that the part is faulty will install it in their car and letting their reputation go for a toss?
Simple, even if this is the same gearbox, then I am sure that VW may have got all the issues with it rectified(at least to an extent).

Like how many people have said, the DSG box can handle a maximum of 250Nm safely. The problem is that, in the Skoda, the gearbox was at it's limit with no leeway for any excess torque. That is why the box failed in them cars. This is my understanding from reading all the posts in various forums.
In the Polo, the box should have no problem because the maximum torque of the GT is 175Nm which is well within the safe limits of the box. Thus, hopefully, there should be no problem. IF there is any problem, I think people will have to come up with a new reason to justify the failure.

Regarding the recalls issued in China and non for India, well, come on. We all know the reason why. Look at the justice system in India. You'll understand.
I have limited resources and do not want to put my money even it there is a .01% of doubt in the gearbox. I do not have the intention of getting into any problem with the TSI or have no intention of checking out our justice system. I do not have the resources.p to.

I want a car that can give me trouble free service for 5 years (at least). The last two cars that I have had have given me trouble free service for the time that I have expected them to serve me. I do NOT want to experiment. I'd rather wait for a couple of months to get good feed back before I commit for an overpriced petrol hatch. It better be good. I'm sure you would expect the same.

Buddy one simple question:
Which manufacturer despite of knowing that the part is faulty will install it in their car and letting their reputation go for a toss?
Simple, even if this is the same gearbox, then I am sure that VW may have got all the issues with it rectified(at least to an extent).
"buyers beware".

I got the wagon r LPG on the day the car was launched just by trusting the name and brand behind the car,Maruti and Suzuki. Mistake.

The LPG kit was supposed to be replaced by the dealer in the first lot with a new ECM and wiring harnesses. Our dealer did not replace it, hoping to make some money on the free replacements that Maruti had authorized. I checked with maruti after repeated Complaints with my service center and found out the truth,...
The car company had the right intentions but the dealer did not. So the nexT time I got a new car, I bought a car that had run for a full 5 years before buying it. The swift diesel in 2011 knowing very well the new model was expected.

With the tsi, We dont have market feedback cause it's new. We don't know how well the dsg works in Indian conditions. We have had issues with the 7speed dsg in India before.

So is the DQ 200 DSG 7 speed in the polo tsi?

Last edited:
I have limited resources and do not want to put my money even it there is a .01% of doubt in the gearbox. I do not have the intention of getting into any problem with the TSI or have no intention of checking out our justice system. I do not have the resources.p to.

I want a car that can give me trouble free service for 5 years (at least). The last two cars that I have had have given me trouble free service for the time that I have expected them to serve me. I do NOT want to experiment. I'd rather wait for a couple of months to get good feed back before I commit for an overpriced petrol hatch. It better be good. I'm sure you would expect the same.
If you want a trouble free car, I suggest you take a look at the Japs. That is one thing they are good at. I can say for sure that the Japs will be much much much less prone to trouble than their German counterparts.

How can anyone verify without using it for substantial time, OR one has to be working with VW high up enough to know inside information. Time will tell.

See, VW has been testing tsi engines in India as revealed from various spy reports, and the Chinese call back happened just a few weeks back. Both the occurrences do not seem to be related. If there was any relation, VW would have abruptly launched tsi engines without even testing, or the testing would have happened after Chinese call back.

Alternatively, VW might have thought that the problematic DSG in skoda in China will not be troublesome with a polo and hence they have procured the same DSG for Indian tsi polo. Speculation these are, but I would favor an enthusiast who sheds his inhibitions in view of supporting a great product. If I had been in market for new hatch, i would have got this car taking the risk of DSG.

Is it worth for 8.5L ??
Current Petrol Highline= 6.3 lac
Add DSG+ tsi engine+ new upholstery+ new dashboard finish+ ESP feature= approx 2.5 lacs? Certainly overpriced.
But wait, driving pleasure= priceless.
Choice is yours.

Red color Polo looks good for girls. Good for your gf/wifey, bad for us.
Makes a good gift for you gf no?

^^Does VW has something like skoda shield? (a 4 yr comprehensive warranty..) if they has, you can also consider that
VW is offering the normal warranty of 2 years and then extended warranty (paid) for next two years which should cover gearbox too.

Was waiting for this car since months now,too bad it overshot my budget[frustration],will settle for a MPI polo now.VW should have offered atleast a 5 year warranty on the gearbox,that would have increased customer confidence and hence sales.

Well about a lac,would have been perfect if VW offered a manual version.I have now decided to wait for the Ecosport and then make a decision.[:)]
Good thinking but do not skip the test drive of GT Tsi, who knows you might get tempted to save money for it.

Was waiting for this car since months now,too bad it overshot my budget[frustration].
Ya actually 10 on road blr is steep. Actually 9.86L. 14k short of 10 L.
Spent some time looking at other cars in the market. Essentially auto. Even used.
Came across a used vento auto (low mileage again) for 8L.2012 model.
guys is the transmission on the auto vento a dsg?
6 speed or 7????
are the vento and polo boxes the same or different?

Ya actually 10 on road blr is steep. Actually 9.86L. 14k short of 10 L.
Spent some time looking at other cars in the market. Essentially auto. Even used.
Came across a used vento auto (low mileage again) for 8L.2012 model.
guys is the transmission on the auto vento a dsg?
6 speed or 7????
are the vento and polo boxes the same or different?
AFAIK,vento has a 6-speed Non DSG gearbox whereas polo houses a 7 speed DSG. Also,there are no paddle shifters in the Vento.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom