Hot New Volkswagen Polo 1.2 GT TSi Comes To India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot New Volkswagen Polo 1.2 TSi Caught Testing!!

The first thing I would do if ever I can talk my dad into getting the Polo GT would be to remove the ugly GT TSi stickering from the C pillars and get gripper tyres too. I saw a video on YouTube that shows the 1.2TSi doing the 0-100 sprint in 8s. Exciting.

The first thing I would do if ever I can talk my dad into getting the Polo GT would be to remove the ugly GT TSi stickering from the C pillars and get gripper tyres too. I saw a video on YouTube that shows the 1.2TSi doing the 0-100 sprint in 8s. Exciting.
The Indian spec polo showing >11 secs could be due to tyres used (applo I am assuming), may be due to suspensions tuning and of course coz fo fuel quality.

Yeah, a better set of tyres and gun metal alloys would add more spice to it.

Last edited:

The Indian spec polo showing >11 secs could be due to tyres used (applo I am assuming), may be due to suspensions tuning and of course coz fo fuel quality.

Yeah, a better set of tyres and gun metal alloys would add more spice to it.
I agree. I think the reasons are the same too. Better tyres might help improve timings by a fraction. Who know. Let's wait and see [:D]

Test drove the Polo TSI today. Very very impressive. Smooth gear shifts. You will not even make out the shifts unless you look at the gear shift indicator. Very smart gearbox. Works like magic. Should return good mileage in the city if u want mileage. At the same time will give you all the fun in the world when u want to have some fun. Real hot hatch. Finally. Thanks to VW. They have had the courage to launch this beauty. A little expensive, but worth every paisa.
Bangalore on road is 9.86 Lakhs including 2 years extended warranty(total: 4 years warranty)
Only thing missing is cruise control. Available NOW !!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Test drove the Polo TSI today. Very very impressive. Smooth gear shifts. You will not even make out the shifts unless you look at the gear shift indicator. Very smart gearbox. Works like magic. Should return good mileage in the city if u want mileage. At the same time will give you all the fun in the world when u want to have some fun. Real hot hatch. Finally. Thanks to VW. They have had the courage to launch this beauty. A little expensive, but worth every paisa.
Bangalore on road is 9.86 Lakhs including 2 years extended warranty(total: 4 years warranty)
9.68Lakhs? Are you kidding me? [surprise]

How in the world did you manage a TD before the car is launched? I'm jealous of you. I wish I could too but the people here said TD only after the launch.
The DSG gearbox is a work of art (in the price segment it caters to). I've driven the Jetta a lot and I must say that I did not miss the manual tranny one bit (I was all against automatics earlier). That's how good the box is.
Sad to know that cruise control is absent. Would have been perfect for the highways.

9.68Lakhs? Are you kidding me? [surprise]
Jihu. When I asked EVM Motor, TVM, they said they expected the OTR to be around Rs. 9.5l which I think is a lot. I think the road tax in Bangalore is high which is why the OTR of the 1.2 GT is Rs. 9.68l. I was hoping it'd be much less here (in the region of Rs. 8.5-9l) but I don't know now. Let's wait for the official announcement from VW.

How in the world did you manage a TD before the car is launched? I'm jealous of you. I wish I could too but the people here said TD only after the launch.
The DSG gearbox is a work of art (in the price segment it caters to). I've driven the Jetta a lot and I must say that I did not miss the manual tranny one bit (I was all against automatics earlier). That's how good the box is.
Sad to know that cruise control is absent. Would have been perfect for the highways.

Jihu. When I asked EVM Motor, TVM, they said they expected the OTR to be around Rs. 9.5l which I think is a lot. I think the road tax in Bangalore is high which is why the OTR of the 1.2 GT is Rs. 9.68l. I was hoping it'd be much less here (in the region of Rs. 8.5-9l) but I don't know now. Let's wait for the official announcement from VW.
I just walked in and asked for the td TSI car. Had to sign some serious paperwork before the td. Did not pull any "strings" for the td.

Last edited:

Also the paddle shift missing.

The Polo Tsi GT has been launched with an ex showroom price of 7.99lacs.(New Delhi). I feel it is a Tad expensive. Should have been around 7.00-7.25lacs ex showroom price. VW claims 0-100 within 9.7 seconds even with this AT DSG gearbox and the fuel economy figures are also pretty high for an automatic.

Volkswagen launches Polo GT TSI | News | Autocar India

Yes. 9.86 on ...........................delivery. Only in 3 colors. Red, white and silver.
You mean red, white and black, right?

Is it worth for 8.5L ??
For Rs. 8.5l OTR, yes I guess. It is fun to drive and offers the technology though it may not be loaded with gizmos like the competitors. To the average Joe, it will nowhere be close to VFM but for a petrol-head, yes.

I asked EVM Motors, Trivandrum and they said it'll take 15 days for the TD car to reach them and that they still haven't received the price list!!!!

Volkswagen Polo GT TSI, India's Most Powerful Hatch Launched

As promised, Volkswagen India has finally launched the much awaited hot-hatch Polo 1.2 GT TSI in India today at a price of Rs 7.99 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). The Polo 1.2 TSI called as the Polo GT has come as a replacement for the phased out top-of-the-line Polo 1.6-litre variant. Returning the impressive 105bhp power output, the Polo GT proves it to be the most powerful hatchback available in the country today.

Having powered by a 1.2-litre TSI engine, the Polo GT churns out the maximum power output of 105bhp, mated to a 7-speed DSG transmission. The Polo GT also receives ESP as standard in Highline variant. Despite housing a smaller engine, the Polo GT offers a combination of high power output and fuel efficiency, thanks to the turbocharged and direct injection. The Polo GT returns an impressive 17.2kmpl mileage.

Besides, offering the best-in-class power output figures, the Polo GT will be able to touch the 0-100kmph mark in mere 9.7 seconds with the top speed of 190kmph. The other changes include a GT badge on the grille, GT TSI sticker, hill hold function, sports interior pedals and of course the autobox gear knob.

Currently, the Polo GT TSI is the most powerful hatch in the country, however Fiat will launch the Punto Abarth by the end of this year, which is speculated to return 140 horsepower.

Volkswagen Polo GT TSI, India's Most Powerful Hatch Launched | CarDekho.com

Attachments

Red color Polo looks good for girls. Good for your gf/wifey, bad for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom