Hot New Volkswagen Polo 1.2 GT TSi Comes To India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
TSI[drive]

This name is a synonym of performance + FE combo and not to say, is very common amongst enthusiasts.

Though you can find the complete article here..but still, here is what you can expect:

Recently discontinued Volkswagen Polo 1.6 Petrol was, with lack of many options, one of the most powerful and best handling fun to drive hatches of recent times.

Sadly, it never really sold in numbers which would have impressed VW and the car was recently discontinued.

Now, folks at Overdrive have spotted a Polo 1.2 Turbo TSI testing in India which means that VW is working on the India-specific Polo, powered by the 1.2-Litre Turbocharged TSI engine. Despite of it’s displacement, the 1.2-Litre TSI engine is superior to the 1.6-Litre naturally aspirated Petrol Engine.

The 3-Cylinder Turbocharged 1.2-Litre TSI engine generates more torque and comparable power than the naturally aspirated 1.6-Litre engine. the 1.2 TSI churns out a peak torque of 175 Nm (22 Nm more than 1.6 TSI) and 103.5 PS of power (1.5 PS Less than 1.6 TSI). So, this sure is going to be a center of attraction for the powerful and premium hatch lovers! Especially when VW claims that the 1.2Turbo powered Polo will return a fuel average of 17 kmpl unlike 13 kmpl of the 1.6 TSI which was one of the primary reasons behind the failure of Polo 1.6 TSI.

The Skoda Fabia is also expected to come with the same 1.2-Litre Turbo engine. Skoda is a fully owned subsidiary of Volkswagen Group and many Skoda-badged cars including Fabia share a lot of components with VW cars.

Information about the tentative launch date is not available yet but we expect it to shed its cover pretty soon! Stay tuned for information on this car.

Attachments

Re: Something really HOT..VW Polo 1.2 TSi caught testing!!

I thought something else would have been HOT, but it turned out to be just Polo. [lol]

Thread Starter #3

^^MY buddy, no issues.
I expect such replies from your side. But the point is simple, a light weight hatch with a turbo petrol...IT SOUNDS HELL INTERESTING TO ME.
And anything having a TSI is HOT for TSIVipul!![drive]

Power of Turbo in Hatchback. Wow. Just waiting to get my hands on this one. [clap]. What would be the pricing like? Any ideas?

Expecting two engine options for polo 1.2 TSI and 1.4 TSI (in top model only). why VW testing this car with TSI and GT badge? Generally all manufacturer test their car without any badge. So are we expecting launch in near future?

Top consideration for my next hatch

1) Polo 1.2/1.4 TSI
2) Ford fiesta hatchback (with cruise control)
3) Fiat Punto T-Jet (still no word from FIAT)

Thread Starter #7

we are seeing a new TSI on our posts offlate.

i think some of the other members have affected your posting skills.[roll]
My buddy, I haven't got you..so can you please elaborate??[:)]

Power of Turbo in Hatchback. Wow. Just waiting to get my hands on this one. . What would be the pricing like? Any ideas?
This car has the power of 1.6 and efficiency of 1.2 with torque of a diesel which is even more widespread than any diesel car in the segment. I am just thinking of it for last 2-3 days.
Price is expected to be either lower or equal to that of 1.6.
Actually this car will have the engine smaller than 1.4l, hence it will get some tax benefits too.

Expecting two engine options for polo 1.2 TSI and 1.4 TSI (in top model only). why VW testing this car with TSI and GT badge? Generally all manufacturer test their car without any badge. So are we expecting launch in near future?
Exactly same is what I was thinking. Maybe they have completed testing and all and now the car will get launched soon.

Top consideration for my next hatch

1) Polo 1.2/1.4 TSI- Polo can acommodate even a 1.6 TSI under her hood[evil],
2) Ford fiesta hatchback (with cruise control)- The one with the sweet 1.6 Duratorq, not with the new 1.5 one. I guess Fusion had it!!
3) Fiat Punto T-Jet (still no word from FIAT)- Dunno why they are not bringing this car?

Re: Hot New Volkswagen Polo 1.2 TSi Caught Testing!!

Hey good information buddy !!

But I doubt about its pricing may be we get a good diesel sedan for that price[;)]

I do not know why people want more and more power which is wasting fuel !! we should just draw adequate power which serves our need and save power(fuel) for future[clap] other wise we will be completely powerless someday !!

Thread Starter #9

Hey good information buddy !!

But I doubt about its pricing may be we get a good diesel sedan for that price
[frustration]
Sirji, you have left me speechless. This is not an another car, this car is meant for people who want that extra dose of power and love pressing on gas.
Eh...you can't understand!!

I do not know why people want more and more power which is wasting fuel !! we should just draw adequate power which serves our need and save power(fuel) for future other wise we will be completely powerless someday !!
Wasting fuel!![frustration]
Sir, this car will offer FE equal to that of the N/A 1.2l polo.
ON the power point, let me tell you that it's the power that makes the difference while driving.

Sirji, you have left me speechless. This is not an another car, this car is meant for people who want that extra dose of power and love pressing on gas.
Eh...you can't understand!!

Wasting fuel!!
Sir, this car will offer FE equal to that of the N/A 1.2l polo.
ON the power point, let me tell you that it's the power that makes the difference while driving.
Hahahahahah Vipul, do not break you head that much[lol] I know how these petrol power addicts do !! asking for more dose, yes it is not my world[clap] I think I have gone bit OT !! ok we get back to the news of this POLO now

AMG

Suspended

Auto expo 2014 launch.

Source: Motoroids.

Thread Starter #13

2014!! That's really too long of a wait.
BTW, any idea about Polo 1.6 GTD which is expected to be lunched soon..

AMG

Suspended

GTD??????? What the <bleep> is that?

Thread Starter #15

Polo with a 1.6 TDI engine, nothing <bleep> is there but a complete performance diesel hatch which can make the petrolheads <bleep>.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom