Horrible Experience - Code 6 Tuning, Bangalore : Remap For Grand I10

Thread Starter #1
I wish to share one of the most bitter experience I have ever had with a tuner. I want to clarify that I am not against tuning industry. But my experience with so called reputed tuner in bangalore was horrible. Remap was really bad and I let it go. I gave them benefit of doubt and had posted my experience in another forum. I did not know that forum is literally controlled by them. Tuner of Code 6, Sajan Thomas started cooking up many stories just to defend his stupidity. I will list down my entire experience with Code 6 and what followed next in social forum. I have Proof of all the conversations.

November 2015

I wanted to remap my Grand I10 diesel. There were no details online about grand i10 with remap. It is a rare sight in any tuners garage. I contacted TOT & Code 6. TOT told me honestly that they have not remapped grand i10 diesel before but it is definitely possible. Code 6 claimed to have remapped one grand i10 before and price quote was lesser. Tuner also claimed power gain post remap would be 100 bhp and 220 NM. I decided to drive all the way to Bangalore (360 KM) for remap.

I drove to Bay 6 workshop around mid November. Remap process was initiated after discussion over the same. Stock map was read using OBD port. Sajan gave me 2 options, 92 bhp & 100 bhp. We decided to go for powerful map and check if car could handle it and reduce if necessary. Sajan made necessary changes to my stock file and also seen him dragging few things from map file of I20 into grand i10 map file which is little suspicious (later found out this is not the way for proper custom remap). New map was flashed via OBD port. Sajan also claimed soft delete of EGR.

We decided to for a drive. I was too excited. I found no difference in first 2 gears. There was only mild increase in 3 rd gear. I was not at all happy. Sajan was also shocked and made few changes in map. He claimed to have lifted few torque limiters. Power gain was still not appreciable and only black smoke was present. He made few more changes and still no use. I was running out of time. So I decided to get back my stock map and remap on different date.

Sajan had told my car has VGT. I did little research and found out it is FGT. It was later confirmed as FGT by RD guys, Hyundai service manager and another reputed tuner. Sajan had told he had increased turbo boost during remap and I should not redline or maintain high speeds for long time. I realised that it is not possible to increase turbo boost of FGT car with remap. A manual boost controller is required. I thought remap went wrong because it was done thinking car has VGT turbo. Turbo boost increase for FGT without ECU control via remap will literally make no difference. I texted about the same to him asking if he can remap my car like how it's done for cars with FGT without ECU control. I got no response from him.

February 2016

I wrote about my remap experience in different forums. I did not blame Code 6 and gave them benefit of doubt. One such forum called GEAR.HEADS is literally controlled by them(I did not know it). To my surprise, I was targeted by everyone there for questioning about Code 6. What really hurt me was the stories cooked up by Sajan.

What Sajan did :

1. He claimed that I am very low on money and into blackmailing tuners for free turning strategy.

2. He claimed that many tuners told him about me and I am having fights with team bhp moderators. So he cleverly escaped from me by not responding.

3. He made fun and tried to create bad impression of a customer who had trusted him and drove all the way to bangalore for remap.

4. Later he says in forum that no tuner in India has good remap for grand i10

I am quoting the above stuff he said and if required I can post screenshot.

Hm, he is a medical student, and I was trying to be kind by not sharing too many gory details of the encounter. Young age, kids do "adventures" in getting free stuff etc. Raping his reputation online, especially on a platform like ours where stuff does not get deleted is going to haunt him for a long time.

But any way, the kid seems to be absolutely crazy with the stuff he is spinning up, so doubt we need to care about it.

He seems to be very low on money, and did not have cash for even tolls when we went out to test the car. He spooked me by asking for toll money(we were testing the car, and NICE road tolls are high), luckily for him, his friend who was in the car paid, after making some very interesting faces about it. After that incident, it was quite clear that he did not have any money on him.

After I "escaped" from him that day, he tried contacting me, but by then I had heard even more about this guy from team-bhp members(think he was fighting with mods there, he is carrying infractions) and his other tuner encounters, realized he is mostly into the "blackmail" for free tuning strategy, and I never responded to him again.
Fact : I was not even Team-Bhp member in November 2015. I joined later. All his lies can be clearly exposed.

I doubt anybody has developed a decent tune for the 1.1L CRDi Hyundai engine in India. I am sure we can easily do that for you, and get it to make good power without smoke, if you have the time and resources for the work on the car.
Fact : Code 6 claimed to have good remap and So I drove to Bangalore. They lied to me saying one car was remapped before mine. If no decent tune is available in India, Why did Sajan not inform me about it before?

Screenshot_2016-06-16-15-51-44_com.whatsapp.png

Sajan lied in forum (February 2016) saying he never said grand i10 has VGT. If so, why would I send him a text in November 2015 asking if he can remap my car like how it's done for FGT?

Screenshot_2016-06-16-15-51-56_com.whatsapp.png

Now I am running my car with RD tuning box (single channel) and power gain is very much noticeable.

We read only positive things about remap/tuners in all forums. Many choose not to share bad experience. I am not advising anyone not to go for Code 6 or whatever. I am really not interested in any arguments like "My experience was good". After I shared this experience in few forums, I got private message from couple of guys about their bad experience too. I request everyone to share their bad experience too with any tuner/Modifier. I have shared my experience and my message is not to blindly trust any tuner.

Cheers!!

Re: Horrible Experience - Code 6 Tuning, Bangalore : Remap for Grand I10

I think you had put this up in T Bhp forum.Let the case run there.This is a much mellowed down forum.No need of splashing mud here.Hope you understand.

Although I belong to the category who is against this tuning stuff and all and believe in living with the OEM horses itself but what is actually eyebrow raising is the attitude of this specific tuner.

He doesn't charge money
Well, why should he if the results aren't satisfactory? In fact your experiment can take the toll on one's drivetrain in coming days.

Nobody has good tunes for Grand i10
Then you you haven't clarified it in the beginning?

Customer had no money at the time of visit
So what? Tune the car and keep it with you until the payment is done. Even if his friend paid, why you are bothered to defame him this way?

Customer previously did the same
Which tuner said that? IF you can speak this openly then you should tell the name of tuner too.

Being an electronics engineer by profession (I understand those terms), I have seen guys claiming that they can attain this and that by simply changing the circuit elements and put a new set of values in the processor. The tuner in question seems to be the same; just collect 20-30 sets of tunes and open a shop in a corner.

BTW Naren, who advised you to juice up power out of these puny engines? If your SX4 is screwed or anything like that then you are responsible for it. If you want to go for tuning then have at least a sizeable engine, no tuner will tell this to you but believe this engineer that if you want power + reliability then it is always better to have a bigger block which is not as much power dense as those puny babies are. Next time, try with a 1.5l engine to get 130-140 bhp and you will enjoy the tune in long run. Or try a 2.0 and enjoy 200 horses, you will be happier with that.

Thread Starter #4

Although I belong to the category who is against this tuning stuff and all and believe in living with the OEM horses itself but what is actually eyebrow raising is the attitude of this specific tuner.

He doesn't charge money
Well, why should he if the results aren't satisfactory? In fact your experiment can take the toll on one's drivetrain in coming days.

Nobody has good tunes for Grand i10
Then you you haven't clarified it in the beginning?

Customer had no money at the time of visit
So what? Tune the car and keep it with you until the payment is done. Even if his friend paid, why you are bothered to defame him this way?

Customer previously did the same
Which tuner said that? IF you can speak this openly then you should tell the name of tuner too.

Being an electronics engineer by profession (I understand those terms), I have seen guys claiming that they can attain this and that by simply changing the circuit elements and put a new set of values in the processor. The tuner in question seems to be the same; just collect 20-30 sets of tunes and open a shop in a corner.

BTW Naren, who advised you to juice up power out of these puny engines? If your SX4 is screwed or anything like that then you are responsible for it. If you want to go for tuning then have at least a sizeable engine, no tuner will tell this to you but believe this engineer that if you want power + reliability then it is always better to have a bigger block which is not as much power dense as those puny babies are. Next time, try with a 1.5l engine to get 130-140 bhp and you will enjoy the tune in long run. Or try a 2.0 and enjoy 200 horses, you will be happier with that.
I agree. My mistake is blindly believing the tuner. As you said, he never mentioned it would be difficult to remap this engine, instead quoted 100 bhp figures. I got tempted to remap.

SX4 had some issues. But I don't know if Petes remap was the culprit. I got my stock map and then got it remapped by Wolf Moto. Now my sx4 has run 1.12 lakh Kms without any issues.

Code 6 tuner did not do his homework well. I got more disappointed about the attitude and the way they treated a customer.

Last edited:

Code 6 tuner did not do his homework well. I got more disappointed about the attitude and the way they treated a customer.
I agree. Even if they botched up the job, an honest apology and reversing the mistake would have earned them some respect. The customer seeks the opinion of experts because he isn't conversant with the job. It was the duty of code 6 to explain that Grand i10 engine is not worth remapping. It is clear from the messages screen shot that code 6 thought uploading the i20 remap to grand i10's FGT [surprise]would be enough to remap the Grand i10's engine.

I wanted to ask the climax-now what's the status of the car - i mean does the car run in rd tuning box or reverted to oem settings.

And regarding the centre you visited for remap,
If at all one says they haven't done a job stop it then and there ,and if they are saying it won't be an issue ,make sure in writing that ,if at all the result is disaster ,they must bear with expense.

Quoting my experience once,when i asked for a grand i 10's drl tube to be fitted inside headlamp,the shop where i do the job,politely said,though they know how to do the job,but chances are there that water can seep inside the headlamp case.
[:)]
i was impressed ,as they didn't want to exploit or do a test work.They told they will give the part and you can do the work anywhere else.

Thread Starter #7
I agree. Even if they botched up the job, an honest apology and reversing the mistake would have earned them some respect. The customer seeks the opinion of experts because he isn't conversant with the job. It was the duty of code 6 to explain that Grand i10 engine is not worth remapping. It is clear from the messages screen shot that code 6 thought uploading the i20 remap to grand i10's FGT [surprise]would be enough to remap the Grand i10's engine.
I agree buddy. Code 6 tuner quoted 100 bhp figures and made me drive all the way to Bangalore. When remap failed, he insults the customer and also says "Nobody has good remap for grand i10". These people are just business minded and can use any cheap strategy.

I wanted to ask the climax-now what's the status of the car - i mean does the car run in rd tuning box or reverted to oem settings.

And regarding the centre you visited for remap,
If at all one says they haven't done a job stop it then and there ,and if they are saying it won't be an issue ,make sure in writing that ,if at all the result is disaster ,they must bear with expense.

Quoting my experience once,when i asked for a grand i 10's drl tube to be fitted inside headlamp,the shop where i do the job,politely said,though they know how to do the job,but chances are there that water can seep inside the headlamp case.
[:)]
i was impressed ,as they didn't want to exploit or do a test work.They told they will give the part and you can do the work anywhere else.
Code 6 tuner is not at all honest. He cooked up so many stories and lies. I was shocked to see this kind of attitude.

Regarding the car, I refused to pay him and got back stock map. Now my car is running fine with RD tuning box. Power gain is noticeable too unlike code 6 map where only black smoke was evident.

Thread Starter #9
@nkonamme
Glad that Tune O Tronics were able to remap your Grand i10. A shout out to TOT for the first Grand i10 map in the country ![clap]
Yes buddy. TOT did a very good remap. I am enjoying it. Code 6 tuner had struggled for 5-6 hours and failed badly. TOT guys hardly took 1 hour and car is making good power now.

Any good tuner in Chennai ? If I maybe doing a restoration of a Matiz,I might need a tuner to slightly bump up the power figures of that puny 52 Bhp 800cc Engine.Just make it much more usable in road.

Top Bottom