Hoooonk, Screeeech and Baanngg!!!!!

Well, its not minor, however I have hidden it with a sticker job. You can view my post and picture under my i10 ownseship thread.

Car had the 1st accident on Sunday evening. Mom and Dad had gone to meet a family friend. Dad was reversing the car in the layout and 2 kids (both around 15yrs old) come zipping in a black activa, trying stunts on their bike, get abused by another biker going in the opposite direction and next minute BANG.

Bottom left side of the bumper is cracked (where the reversing light is present) and the reversing light case. The left RVM of the activa knocks the rear wiper. Dad n Mom were so tensed because they were small kids. They didn't even note down the vehicle number [frustration]

Took the car to the A$$ and the estimate:
Bumper: 7K (Bumper: 4K, Painting: 3K)
Reversing light case: 250 bucks
Rear Window wiper: 350 bucks

Dad left to Bangalore on Sunday night cos he does not work here. Since, car is in his name, can't claim insurance [frustration]

Will post the pics later of the damage on the car.

Car had the 1st accident on Sunday evening. Mom and Dad had gone to meet a family friend. Dad was reversing the car in the layout and 2 kids (both around 15yrs old) come zipping in a black activa, trying stunts on their bike, get abused by another biker going in the opposite direction and next minute BANG.

Bottom left side of the bumper is cracked (where the reversing light is present) and the reversing light case. The left RVM of the activa knocks the rear wiper. Dad n Mom were so tensed because they were small kids. They didn't even note down the vehicle number [frustration]

Took the car to the A$$ and the estimate:
Bumper: 7K (Bumper: 4K, Painting: 3K)
Reversing light case: 250 bucks
Rear Window wiper: 350 bucks

Dad left to Bangalore on Sunday night cos he does not work here. Since, car is in his name, can't claim insurance [frustration]

Will post the pics later of the damage on the car.
You can very well claim an Insurance.
Send a mail to the customer care, stating your dad is out of town.
And the claim paper can be signed by you by an Authorisation letter by your dad.
Which Insurance are you currently with.
If its Tata AIG well and good.
They will accept to this procedure.
10 k is not an small amount, Better you make a claim.

So sad to see this.
Even the rear Wiper has broken.
How did that happen?

All around Bangalore kids have started driving without license.
It all can be stopped if the parents are responsible & deny them keys of vehicle.
And bikers think the road as racing arena.
Myself yesterday was shocked to see 2 fellows doing wheely on a busy road.
What if he had hit the pedestrian.

ohh! so pain freaking to see such sights! people can get away speeding or by saying sorry, but for sometime, the person who loves his ride, is left for such a painful sight!
sure you can get this through your insurance as "mukeshus" has mentioned above.

Mom told me that the left RVM of the activa was loose. So when it hit the car, the RVM swung taking the wiper along with it. [anger]

Luckily the handle of the activa did not damage the boot lid. Which is very surprsing and very lucky.

350Z

Core Team
I never understand how parents allow the underage children to drive scooters like Activa, that too in a metropolitan city like Bangalore. It is very shocking every time I hear about such accidents, because I have seen them many times in reality too. If your dad had noted the registration number of vehicle, it would have been very much possible to ask for compensation of damage, as well as their guardians could have been instigated too, so that they never allow underage children to drive vehicles and perform stunts by putting their own and other’s life in danger.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Guys,

Got my car back today. Its good as new now.

Total bill amount - 6459/-

Rear Bumper - 1800/-
Rear wiper Blade - 300/-
Rear bumper fog lamp - 650/-
labour - 3300/-

Total damage:
to the wallet: 1400/- approx
insurance: lost out on NCB [sad]

Rest of the amount was paid by insurance. Thanks a lot Mukesh. You saved us some cash [thumbsup]

Guys,

Got my car back today. Its good as new now.

Total bill amount - 6459/-

Rear Bumper - 1800/-
Rear wiper Blade - 300/-
Rear bumper fog lamp - 650/-
labour - 3300/-

Total damage:
to the wallet: 1400/- approx
insurance: lost out on NCB [sad]

Rest of the amount was paid by insurance. Thanks a lot Mukesh. You saved us some cash [thumbsup]
Always Welcome!
Good to hear that car is restored to normal condition.[:)]

Top Bottom