[Honest Review] Yokohama Earth 1 Tyres: Really Designed For India

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I haven't checked the santro's manufacturing date. Didn't know about this at that time.

There was a mrf zvtv without the steel rim just besides the guy who was opening my car's tyres. I checked ( thinking it was mine) and it said 33 12. I got confused since I bought my car in February 12 [lol] shop owner said someone may have swapped the tyre but then he saw it wasn't mine :p stock tyres were November 2011.

And the new ones are June 2016.
And I agree , I have read many reviews about sites selling tyres online. The reason they are cheap is because they are old just like you said

The Earth1's running in my car too, must say they do good job to handle the Indian conditions mainly going through uneven roads and patches. Got the tyres for 4300 Rs. 185/60/R14.

The Earth1's running in my car too, must say they do good job to handle the Indian conditions mainly going through uneven roads and patches. Got the tyres for 4300 Rs. 185/60/R14.
Vishwas Sir - I too have Yoko Earth1 on my Fiesta Classic, but I have 185/65/R14 profiles on my car and I also feel they are very good compared to the stock MRF 175/65/R14 I had.

From where did you buy these tires, because I paid same Rs 4,300 for 185/65/R14 with WA and Balancing free. With your choice of Tires, they should have costed less for you [thinking]

Any particular reason for not upgrading to 65 and rather settling for 60 ? [confused]

Vishwas Sir - I too have Yoko Earth1 on my Fiesta Classic, but I have 185/65/R14 profiles on my car and I also feel they are very good compared to the stock MRF 175/65/R14 I had.

From where did you buy these tires, because I paid same Rs 4,300 for 185/65/R14 with WA and Balancing free. With your choice of Tires, they should have costed less for you [thinking]
It was sourced from a friend, I paid that amount for wheel balancing and different nuts as well (had upgraded to alloys). It was purchased in Jan, not sure the prices would be the same when you purchased too.

Any particular reason for not upgrading to 65 and rather settling for 60 ? [confused]
The 60 itself touches the wheel arch when going through pot-holes, there was no space for 65's to get inside, yes Vista is designed such way. Pretty satisfied with 60's. [:)]

3.5 to 4K Hmm...So 25K with Spare Tyre.Quite a deal :D
I'm looking for the Daewoo Matiz
P.S. Why do you need to replace spare tire? Better purchase only 4 tires and keep the one which hasn't gone fully bald. My tire had three punctures and I was lucky enough to find them out at home itself and take it to nearest puncture guy.

P.S. Why do you need to replace spare tire? Better purchase only 4 tires and keep the one which hasn't gone fully bald. My tire had three punctures and I was lucky enough to find them out at home itself and take it to nearest puncture guy.
Oh OK Ji,Got it.I've heard people saying Spare Tyre should be of the exact same tyres which we are replacing.

Thread Starter #43

bhvm

Honoured Member
Oh OK Ji,Got it.I've heard people saying Spare Tyre should be of the exact same tyres which we are replacing.
The notion of "all tyres Should be same" is a good one, but not compulsory. You basically can get better rotation cycle and better life if all tyres are same. By Exact same, it is COMPLUSARY that the height/Width and size of tyre is same. Otherwise you'll have a problem. Ie. Do not mix 13 inch & 14 inch tyres. You maybe ok with mixed brands as long as spec is same.

On the contrary,many automakers provide undersized tyre as a spare tyre as a part of cost cutting.
Also known as "Donut tyre" or "Mickey mouse tyre". You shall not Cross 80Km/h on such tyre. Thankfully the trend is not too widespread in India. Most manufacturers offer a full size spare. I hate donuts to the boot. Its a compromise on performance & Safety.[frustration]

Running with spare tire which isn't of the same size as other 3 until you find a tire shop and provided you drive at sane speeds will suffice the needs, if you can afford for the fifth one then well and good, but also make sure that upgraded tire will sit inside the boot too.Because my tires are 10mm more than stock which won't get into the boot.

Already installed Earth-1's 185/70R14 size on my brother's Swift and till now it has run nearly 15000 Kms in 10 months and experience with those tyres are excellent.Got it for Rs.4100 in December 2015.

Now,thinking to replace Vento's tyres to Earth 1 195/60R15 as present Michelins has run nearly 63000 Kms in 2.5 years or will go for 205/55R15.

Top Bottom