[Honest Review] Windek Digital Tyre Inflator with Autocut

Thread Starter #1

bhvm

Honoured Member
[Honest Review] Windek Digital Tyre Inflator with Auto cut.

Dear All,
We live in a land of hazards where Potholes, Road Debris, Speed Breakers are dime a dozen. The first thing to take a beating in your car are the tyres. Having properly inflated tyres will make the ride safer, Increase tyre life and FE.
I was on the lookout for making my rides tension-free and the first thing required was a tyre-inflator! I wanted a simple, No fuss design where one can key in the desired pressure and relax.

In comes the WINDEK 1902 Inflator with digital display and auto-cut.
One thing that surprised me was how small and light the device is. The device is mere 6x6 Inches box and can be easily carried around in car. I had an impression that the device might be the size of atleast a shoe box. The device also comes with places to wind and store Power cables and Air tube. The tube is quite short. Power cable worked well for my i10 Blue Boy, but could also be a problem for Large SUVs. I am yet to see how it reaches on my XUV 500. One may simply have to plug the socket into Rear/ Middle Cigarette-socket depending upon the tyre. Other thing I missed were the battery clamps. Some models of inflators come with crimp type battery clamps that allow the device to be powered directly and more reliably, saving load on wires to Cigarette lighter socket. Perhaps a simple DIY could allow me to do the same.

Other nice feature is inclusion of LED torch. The LEDs used are small Chinese 5mm LEDs which aren't much bright but may get the work done. There are also RED Leds included as a means for Hazard warning or SOS.

One go at the user manual and I was able to get everything right in the first go. You Plug in the Cig-lighter socket in the car (Recommenad keeping engine running for proper voltage and preventing battery drain) and the device comes to life. In this mode , you screw in the nozzle and you can get a reading of current air pressure. Best thing is You can press M+ key to set various parameters like PS, BAR, ATM etc. In India we generally use PS. After setting, just press the power ON switch and the cute little device Topped-up my i10 tyres within a few seconds. It remains to be seen how it deals with Fortuner or XUV 500 Tyres.

When installing or unscrewing the nozzle on Tyre valve, some amount of Air escapes from the tyre. However there is a very intelligent feature inbult, The Auto Cut over-inflates tyres by 0.5 or 1 PSI. Which means that any small amount of escaping air is compensated. I am dead impressed how thoughtful the designers were.

So There you go friends, This Inflator, combined with a tyre repair kit and you have the ultimate peace of mind.

What I liked-
> Extremely easy to use.
> Portable enough to be carried permanently in car. (6x6 inches)
> Auto cut feature ensures accurate air filling.
> Various Units of Air Pressure can be set
> Ability to inflate Footballs, Sofa, Cushions etc.
> Tops-up air in tyre in mere seconds.

What I did'nt- (Maybe I'm expecting too much)
> The Motor makes a Tractor like sound when inflating.
> LEDs could be a bit brighter
> Air tube and Power cord could've been a bit longer.
> Machine cannot automatically remove air from over-inflated tyres.

Price- 2000 INR

Item Links-
Products / Digital Tire Inflator
DC 12V tire inflator with digital gauge RCP-C40A
DC 12V preset and digital tire inflator RCP-A1

Purchase Links-
Windek A4F1902 Digital Auto Shut OFF CAR Tyre Tire Inflator AIR Compressor Pump | eBay

amicikart on eBay

Seller-
amicikart (Ebay)
abhi14_hyw3846qdf@members.ebay.in

Attachments

Re: [Honest Review] Windek Digital Tyre Inflator with Auto cut.

Wow. That is money well spent bhvm. [clap]

This inflator looks so neat and compact. How long were you expecting the air tube to be? I think it is fine even for your XUV5oo tyres.Where are the LEDs (red and white)?

I was also looking for tyre inflator (cheaper 500 rupee ones) till some time back but eventually went for nitrogen in tyres. It costed me Rs. 100 per tyre for first time and I got a card made for Rs. 400 to care of next 1 year's refills.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3

bhvm

Honoured Member

Hello mate.
1> The Air tube is 2Ft long. In awkward places like spare tyre under XUV base etc it could be a problem. It will also cause an issue when spare tyre is mounted on the dicky; I guess the person will have to hold the pump in hand as 2ft cord won't reach ground nor inside car.

2> About the compact, you bet! Check the pic near Activa tyre. Activa tyres are 10 inch I think, Even I am pleased with dimensions.

3> The LEDs are on the side. Just ahed of WINDEK Name. Whats missing is a nice carry handle.

4> Sir you're lucky to have nitrogen stations and all. Over my place even regular pumps don't have Air stations. They're purposely broken/Out of order so the "Annas" can gain some ruppee with his cheap and inaccurate air filling services. Recently I asked an ANNA to fill 35 PSI in my XUV. He did all the way till 50 PSI!! And guess what, checking with his meter again, He said "Thuhty Five hi Hai saaar" (whereas my TPMS was throwing alarms.) I said enough is enough, Hence the order for this device!

Great Review As Usual.

Right Now I Got two Tyre Inflator, They are absolutely necessary these days due to numerous tricks not to provide proper amount Air in our vehicles by Pump Guys....So we need more frequent at their shop and they make money.

Anyhow,

One of mine is Cig Lighter (35 Lt/ per Min) and other one Battery Clamp (60 Lt / per Min - Dual Cylinder),

With Cig Lighter one, It is not possible to fill Air at the spare tyre in my Ritz unless I put the Running Pump at the rear seat - which I don't want.

With Battery Clamp one - It is a little bit tough to reach at Right Side Rear Tyre as the Ritz Battery stays extreme left for D varient.

Thread Starter #5

bhvm

Honoured Member

I'm Thinking to make a battery Clamp Cum Cigarette lighter extension DIY-
CAR Universal Cigarette Lighter Power Socket Alto 800 | eBay

Pretty easy to do with the thing above. This will allow my inflator or any other accessory to be directly powered by battery.

Arijitb,
If its getting difficult in Ritz, it must be impossible to mange in an SUV. I guess you need an extension cord as well.

If its getting difficult in Ritz, it must be impossible to mange in an SUV. I guess you need an extension cord as well.
With Battery Clamp Pump - I'm only able to successfully reach because the Pipe From Pump Body To Tyre Nozzle it made coiled so it can be stretched out as well the pressure gauge dial (Analog) installed at the pipe (Actual Model)....Though it need another person to switch Off The Pump when Air filled up.

I Doubt it is only for the ODD Battery Location and I only able to Route the Cable / Pump from the Left Side of the Car to reach the rear Right Tyre. Can't Route the Cable / Pump from the Right Side as the Bonnet is open and Engine is Running - Don't want to damage anything.

On the other hand there is no prob with Cig Lighter One as I can Route the Pump / Cable either Left Front Door or Right Front Door - Very Easy.

---------

Bhvm....any source to buy good DC cable online ?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7

bhvm

Honoured Member

Arijitb,
Don't fall into trap and buy "DC Cable" There's nothing like that.
Just go to any Normal electrical store and buy FINOLEX 6.0 SQMM Pure Copper FR Cable. This cable is also used for powering large AC in Homes (Upto 4 Tons).

I'm a dealer of Finolex myself.

Thread Starter #8

bhvm

Honoured Member
Hello everyone,
today I used the pump to top up xuv tyres from 29.psi to 35psi. the time taken was about 15 sec. much longer than i10 tyres.

however yes, the inflator does work for large SUV tyres, albeit slowly.

Hello everyone,
today I used the pump to top up xuv tyres from 29.psi to 35psi. the time taken was about 15 sec. much longer than i10 tyres.

however yes, the inflator does work for large SUV tyres, albeit slowly.
How much time did it take for the i10's tyres? IMO 1 minute to fill air in the XUV is fine, no big deal waiting for a minute.

Thread Starter #10

bhvm

Honoured Member
top up in i10 from 29 to 35psi took about 10 sec.
maybe it has to do with the volume of air rather than pressure.

both vehicles has stock tyres.
155/80/13 for i10
235/65/17 for xuv.

top up in i10 from 29 to 35psi took about 10 sec.
maybe it has to do with the volume of air rather than pressure.

both vehicles has stock tyres.
155/80/13 for i10
235/65/17 for xuv.
I tried to calculate air volumes of both the tyres. The i10's tyre volume comes out to 8.73 L and XUV's tyre volume is 20.98 L. That is a considerable difference and for filling around 6 PSI (29 to 35), the difference of seconds is quite understandable as volume difference is around twice.[:)]

Here is the link from where I calculated.
TRC Calculator

Thread Starter #12

bhvm

Honoured Member
thanks for the calculations, iw.
I just upgraded i10 tyres from 155/80 r13 to 175/70r13.

what shall be the recommended air pressure for new tyres?

thanks for the calculations, iw.
I just upgraded i10 tyres from 155/80 r13 to 175/70r13.

what shall be the recommended air pressure for new tyres?
Actually finding the new tyre pressure needs a lot of research, and I had started out learning the calculation but wasn't able to understand completely.

You can maintain 30 PSi in all tyres, drive for a week and get to know the ride quality. Then increase to 32 PSi and check if it rides better, if not switch to 28 PSi and see.

One question - More tyre volume equals to higher air pressure, right?

Then you should increase tyre pressure as the volume of new tyre is 9.7L and previous tyre was 8.73L.

Thread Starter #15

bhvm

Honoured Member
well, it's far more strange than that.
for a start, xuv with it's much larger tyres, recommends 32 front and 30 rear.

i10 with stock puny tyres recommends 35psi all around.

maybe a small tyre needs more pressure to hold itself up. last week,.i10 tyres were inflated till 28 and look horribly under inflated. almost half punctured. I went back to company recommended 35 today and they do look much better. I'll keep trying and keep you posted.

BTW, please share your knowledge about calculations and stuff here. thanks.

Top Bottom