[Honest Review] HP P028TX Laptop Review [Core i3 1.9Ghz, 4GB Ram, 1TB, Nvidia 830m]

Along with the Laptop,they are also selling HP X3500 wireless mouse at Rs.699/- Is it worth buying this or go for an ordinary mouse?
That mouse looks like a frog to me. [lol] It must be good because so many people have bought it.

There are other options for wireless mouse and combo, you don't have to choose only from frequently bought items.

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I was preparing to book the HP laptop, my cousin (software engineer) who came home and I discussed about my requirement and the details of this laptop. He liked it, but asking me to think about a laptop with backlit keyboard which may be much helpful to use the laptop in dim light conditions without switching on any lights . He suggests that there are a few items available under 40k but don't remember the model number. While googling, Acer has their Apire E15 E575 but not clear about the details..

Anything you have in mind?

@Nairrk Backlit keyboard is hard to find in entry level and mid end laptops. It is mostly present in highend and gaming laptops.

ASUS VivoBook 15 X512DA-EJ438T has backlit keyboard and CPU is also newly launched Ryzen 3rd Gen but it has only 256GB for storage (SSD). :frown:

Yes, 500GB SSD should have been better.
Besides this storage problem the product seems good.?
It is kinda okay and not so good because it has no lan port (If you have a router, it is required or atleast to initial setup), no sd card support (only microsd), possible heating issue due to thin design and disassembling could be tough for any upgrades. Just for the sake of backlit, I wouldn't get this. Features are being removed on every new models and nothing new is added except the USB C. I'm starting to hate laptops lately; they are becoming more like a mobile or tablet.

@CRACING - How about this laptop with backlit keyboard and R 5 3500U processor ?
1TB hdd is a good thing but with 14" display you'll lose numeric keypad and 14" panels are expensive or hard to find incase it breaks. Apart from this, everything is same as I stated above.

3500U is only ~10% faster then 2500U but you have to spend ~25% more for it. Doesn't seem worth to me.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
500U is only ~10% faster then 2500U but you have to spend ~25% more for it. Doesn't seem worth to me
Agree. Just for a backlit feature, I will be losing Rs.5000 and extra features including DVD Drive available on the other product.. Mind changing again towards HP -DY 0008AU [roll]

Nairrk

Honoured Member
@CRACING

More confusion - my family members wanted to have a LT with backlit keyboard (are they worried about my eyesight because I stay online almost 10 hours daily and dont bother about switching on the light even if the room is bit dark[think]). Also they reason that we are buying a new product which in any case will be used for atleast 5 years, if not more and as such go for some advanced features like backlit keyboard & finger print sensor etc?? (budget increased close to 40k but I prefer to finish it within 37K)

My daughter-in-law googled and shown me couple of LT's as under:

Asus Vivobook 14 - X412DA-EK141T, Ryzen 5 4GB/1TB, Backlit keyboard, finger print sensor... Rs.36,990/-

Acer Aspire 3 - A315-53G 5968 - 8GB/1TB - backlit keyboard - Rs.39,990

What are your recommendations (or any other suggestion -sorry keep troubling you as am not much knowledgeable in this field)
+
@bhvm - dear, your suggestion too welcome.!

@Nairrk Oh ok. Please allow me sometime and I will search around.

My sister has old 14" laptop and IMO it is too small for long term usage. My brother also works more then 10 hours daily and 15.6" isn't comfortable for him, yet he managed for 10 years. Now he has got 23.5" Samsung Curved Monitor and he is very happy.

As of Acer Aspire 3 - A315-53G 5968, there is no mentioned about backlit keyboard and official website says display is half hd. Strange [think]

ps. I guess bhvm is angry because we have hijacked his thread. :tongue:

Edit: I have found ASUS VivoBook 15 X512DA-EJ449T which has 15.6" display and 1tb hdd. Flipkart has no stock of it, Amazon is selling for 3k more and Asuskart has it but I don't know about the site. See if local store has it.

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I have found ASUS VivoBook 15 X512DA-EJ449T which has 15.6" display and 1tb hdd. Flipkart has no stock of it
Yes I have seen that.

Asuskart is selling at Rs.38,500.?

Also they have Models like Vivobook 15 X512DA-501T/503T & 504T - all these are above 40000 and comes with 512GB SSD.

More comparison putting me in more confusion[confused]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #44

bhvm

Honoured Member
Backlit keyboard is hard to find in entry level and mid end laptops. It is mostly present in highend and gaming laptops.
my family members wanted to have a LT with backlit keyboard (are they worried about my eyesight because I stay online almost 10 hours daily and dont bother about switching on the light even if the room is bit dark[think]).
back-light is unfortunately a premium feature in India.
Whats a DIYer to do? DIY of course. here is one of my ideas from 2014
DIY Super Bright LED Laptop Keyboard Light (1W High Power)
And then some-
DIY USB Multi Mobile Charger & LED Light
Repair/ Reuse Dead LED Bulbs for USB Power

dear, your suggestion too welcome.!
@CRACING is better versed with Modern toys. I have stopped looking at them these days. All they give me is Anger. Too much Planned obsolescence going on.
I guess bhvm is angry because we have hijacked his thread. :tongue:
I think, he should be happy that his thread is growing
LOL!

Yes I have seen that.
Asuskart is selling at Rs.38,500.?
Yep but I don't know the authenticity of that site. Better check local stores or wait until amazon or flipkart gets stock.

If you do not store much data then 512gb should be enough. As per specs, 512GB ssd model uses pcie M.2 ssd and I guess there should be a empty space for 2.5" sata. If so, you can buy a 2.5" hdd and install it (1tb costs 3-4k). Whereas 256GB ssd model uses 2.5" ssd so you can only replace it.

Last edited:

Top Bottom