[Honest Review] HP P028TX Laptop Review [Core i3 1.9Ghz, 4GB Ram, 1TB, Nvidia 830m]

Yes, I have been using MS Outlook 2007 for all my email purposes. Though, am not very active in business now-a-days, still receive plenty of email messages daily. This is the main reason I wanted to have MS Office pre-installed Laptop.!!
Do you have outlook pst files of old emails? It is little trick to import the files into thunderbird. If you don't have pst files then setting up Thunderbird is pretty easy. I use IMAP because I access emails from multiple devices (Desktop, Laptop and mobile) and whatever changes I do is synced across all devices. Whereas in POP3, emails are downloaded from sever to your laptop and depending upon your settings, in server they will be kept as is or deleted.

Last edited:
No, I dont remember creating any pst files of my old emails (all the important emails since 2014 are in their respective folders i.e inbox,sent items etc).
Cool. Check this guide on how to setup Thunderbird and you are good to go. If you want email notifications on tray icons, install and config this addon.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Cool. Check this guide on how to setup Thunderbird and you are good to go. If you want email notifications on tray icons, install and config this addon.
Thanks very much for above links.

Just downloaded Thunderbird on my existing laptop and it was very easy to do the set up - all files from Outlook 7 copied instantly. So, email problem is solved in case I purchase a new laptop without MS Office/Outlook.. Anyway, I will check with the nearby shop guy if they have any of the models you recommended and their rate (with ongoing discounts/offers for Onam sale). Shall keep you informed.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
@CRACING / @bhvm

Just been to the computer shop. They have Acer Aspire 3-A315-41 & Asus Vivobook X505ZA

Offer price Rs.31,400 for Acer and Rs33,500 for Asus. This is the best they willing to offer plus some computer kit as Onam offer.
They will load all other software's including MS Office.

Acer do not have the Windows 10 sticker affixed for which they says that Dell and Acer normally do not have that sticker. - is this correct?

Purchasing online means I may get a reduction of around Rs.2000 but the convenience of visiting the service centre, in case needed, will not be there on online purchase

Any further guidance?

Last edited:
@CRACING / @bhvm
Just been to the computer shop. They have Acer Aspire 3-A315-41 & Asus Vivobook X505ZA

Offer price Rs.31,400 for Acer and Rs33,500 for Asus. This is the best they willing to offer plus some computer kit as Onam offer.
These are 4GB RAM variants right? If so, almost 3k more then Amazon/Flipkart pricing. Let alone discounts on festival sales.

They will load all other software's including MS Office.

Acer do not have the Windows 10 sticker affixed for which they says that Dell and Acer normally do not have that sticker. - is this correct?
If MS Office doesn't come with laptop, it has to be purchased. Seller will install without purchasing means its a pirated software.

Also personally I wouldn't let seller or service technician to setup my laptop; he may not use safe applications and his pen drive could be infected.

and yes these days I haven't seen laptops with Windows 10 sticker. My brother's Dell laptop doesn't have the sticker, even though it has legit OS installed. Activation key is permanently tied to your motherboard so even if you reinstall (Same OS), the licence will be fetched.

Purchasing online means I may get a reduction of around Rs.2000 but the convenience of visiting the service centre, in case needed, will not be there on online purchase
If you face issues with the laptop, then you'll have to visit service center. Whether you buy it online or offline. The computer shop you visited today isn't the service center right?

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
These are 4GB RAM variants right?
Yes, 4 GB RAM
Acer Aspire -Flipkart price Rs.30,990 & Amazon Rs.28,399

If MS Office doesn't come with laptop, it has to be purchased. Seller will install without purchasing means its a pirated software
I purchased 2 pc's from this shop in the past - Desktop (12 years back) and Asus X200CA laptop (6 years back) and both occasions they have installed all the software's and never had any problem...

and yes these days I haven't seen laptops with Windows 10 sticker.
Yes, the shop guys says same story - no such stickers on Acer and Dell pc's (I didn't check about Asus- but believe their models comes with the W10 sticker)

The computer shop you visited today isn't the service center right?
They have their own set up, same building but different office and have seen 3-4 engineers/technician working full time

One fresh clarification - I have purchased many items from Amazon and when I had to return any item due to damage or wrong product, the process was easy - just inform them and the same delivery guy will come and collect the item. But, I heard that for Laptop's, the return procedure is not like this - Any idea about this?

Finally, out of Acer Aspire 3- A315-41 and Asus Vivobook X505ZA - which one you recommend, the best buy?

I purchased 2 pc's from this shop in the past - Desktop (12 years back) and Asus X200CA laptop (6 years back) and both occasions they have installed all the software's and never had any problem...

They have their own set up, same building but different office and have seen 3-4 engineers/technician working full time.
Oh okay. Looks like a big shop. If you trust them then no need to worry. [:)]

One fresh clarification - I have purchased many items from Amazon and when I had to return any item due to damage or wrong product, the process was easy - just inform them and the same delivery guy will come and collect the item. But, I heard that for Laptop's, the return procedure is not like this - Any idea about this?
Laptops are high value products so incase of problems (within return period), they will contact you and get detailed info, including pictures of damage. If it is internal or software problem, they will suggest you to visit service center. I prefer buying from main sellers of Amazon (i.e Appario Retail, Cloudtail) and Flipkart (i.e RetailNet) so I don't have to worry about transit problems and returns. Other Fulfilled/Assured sellers are also good but stay away from new and 3rd party sellers.

Finally, out of Acer Aspire 3- A315-41 and Asus Vivobook X505ZA - which one you recommend, the best buy?
Well, actually I'd go for HP 15q-dy0008au since it is feature packaged (i.e Large battery, has numeric keypad, better speakers, M.2 support, dvd drive which can be converted to caddy later and etc).

I like ASUS as a brand but X505ZA lacks numeric keypad which is a deal breaker for me. I'm also concerned about heating issue due to its thin design. Acer is decent spec wise, though I haven't had hands-on experience with Acer laptops lately.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Oh okay. Looks like a big shop.
Not Very big, but they have 5 showrooms in 2 districts and they have been in existence for more than 15 years

Other Fulfilled/Assured sellers are also good but stay away from new and 3rd party sellers
I am a bit worried about refurbished products shipped online by some sellers (now-a-days all the shops are buying old PC's as exchange for new one and wonder where all these old one's dumped?

Well, actually I'd go for HP 15q-dy0008au
The shop guy says that this model is mainly for online sale (?), however, he told me that they have other HP laptops similar to this model, Unfortunately, I forgot to get the model number [frustration]

I am a bit worried about refurbished products shipped online by some sellers (now-a-days all the shops are buying old PC's as exchange for new one and wonder where all these old one's dumped?
I think they will head back to main service center, get checked/repaired and sent back to customers as replacement to their faulty products. This happens with authorized and reputed sellers. Cannot say the same about 3rd party sellers.

Anyway, you are getting latest model so its unlikely that you'll get old or refurbished products. Check for seal when you get the product.

The shop guy says that this model is mainly for online sale (?), however, he told me that they have other HP laptops similar to this model, Unfortunately, I forgot to get the model number [frustration]
I don't think so and its not a mobile phone to be exclusive. Check with the other stores and malls like Croma, Reliance...

Here are your options if you wish to buy online:
HP 15q-dy0008AU (Select RetailNet)
Asus Vivobook X505ZA (Select Appario Retail Private Ltd)
Acer Aspire 3 A315-41 (Select RetailNet)

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Along with the Laptop,they are also selling HP X3500 wireless mouse at Rs.699/- Is it worth buying this or go for an ordinary mouse?

Top Bottom