Honda Unicorn Review

Thread Starter #18
Completed 14k kms

Completed 14k kms in 1 year and 4 months. And 7 services which includes 4 free and 3 paid.
Till now no major problems has arrived. Had to change the front tube when ran over the divider and rear puncture which I didnt need to repair. Thanks to the tuffup.

Just before the 7th service, left fork oil leak was noticed. Got the fork oil seal and oil replaced.

Did many long trips which includes a trip from Banglore to my home town Kannur and a return journey.

Has added a Roots Windtone earlier and when it started coughing in the rain, changed to Roots Spider Eco. Put a K&N sticker on the rear mudguard. :-P
Rest, the bike is in stock condition.
Now planning to go for a DC Conversion of head lamp and 60/55 bulbs.

Oh thats great to know that your bike is in good condition. How about the A.S.S of Honda?? How much do you pay for general service??

Here Bajaj is very pathetic and recently i have started facing problems in my pulsar!!

Thread Starter #20
The A.S.S according to me is just for engine oil change and other small works. Once I have asked the SA to tune my bike as there was back firing. But what they did was just to increase the idling. So, I did the job from outside. And now while servicing, I ask them not to touch the tuning. The normal paid service comes around 400-450.

My friend's pulsar always give problem one way or other. He spent almost a big bomb for its repair.

Well almost same like for my Pulsar! I also spend that amount for engine oil change and greasing of chain and brakes!

My Pulsar was good till now but in the past 2 or 3 months small problems seems to be arising! Now got it back to normal and hope it remains same!!

Thread Starter #22
That Pulsar was also troublefree for 1-2 years. When we gave the bike for water servicing once, water entered the coil and it went kaput. Had to spend around 800 for the repair. He almost hated Bajaj and finally sold the bike and booked ZMR.

Hope your bike serve you well.

Thread Starter #23
The blue eyed boy..

The Unicorn doesnt have any park lamps.[frustration] So decided to add a park lamp to my bike. Put two LED's in the visor and connected it to the head lamp low beam. Here is the result..:biggrin:

The blue eyed boy..
DSC00028.jpg

DSC00029.jpg

Hey looking nice buddy but cant it be spaced even a little wider? I feel if it was a little wider it would have looked even cool!

BTW how much it costed you?

Thread Starter #25
Hey looking nice buddy but cant it be spaced even a little wider? I feel if it was a little wider it would have looked even cool!
It's just a trial. So only its connected to the headlamp. Planning to do a separate connection with a switch. I think I fixed it like that because there is some space for fixing LED in that position. Will consider your suggestion when making further changes.[:)]

BTW how much it costed you?
Two LED's were given by my friend. He bought it for his number plate and didnt use it. Cost was 120 Rs for two.
And some insulation tape for fixing the LED on the chrome garnish. No labour charge as it was a DIY job.[;)]

Thread Starter #28
Thats cool , then you can provide a detailed description with pictures in the DIY section!
Unfortunately, I didnt take any pictures of the job. Will create a thread with pictures when I connect a seperate switch for that.

I never knew Unicorn doesn'r have park lamp.
But that good, your blue light is looking much better.
Thanks. Whenever there is rain or low light, everyone will switch on their park and I'll have to switch on the headlamp[frustration]. So only I thought of creating a park of my own.

hey black beauty it looks nice but if you were to spend some bucks then consider going for LED strips.

Top Bottom