Honda Unicorn: Engine Oil Burning More Than Usual

Thread Starter #1
I have Honda Unicorn which has clocked over 52K on odometer (10yr old bike). Recently, after service done thru local garage, he told me engine oil is burning more and suggested some engine bolting (not sure I got name correctly) he asked me to come back after 5 days to check on engine oil. Anybody has any idea what is he referring to? If whatever he is saying is correct, do I need to visit authorise service center or local guy would do the job perfectly and lesser cost. Please advise.

Last edited:
I have Honda Unicorn which has clocked over 52K on odometer (10yr old bike). Recently, after service done thru local garage, he told me engine oil is burning more and suggested some engine bolting (not sure I got name correctly) he asked me to come back after 5 days to check on engine oil. Anybody has any idea what is he referring to? If whatever he is saying is correct, do I need to visit authorise service center or local guy would do the job perfectly and lesser cost. Please advise.
I think it is engine boring. When the piston ring is damaged or broken, it rubs the cylinder wall making its dia larger and then engine oil starts to mix with fuel. Replacing piston ring will not help because cylinder wall is large and uneven so engine oil still gets mixed with fuel and there will be loss of compression. To solve this problem in cheaper way, we evenly bore the cylinder and install large piston and rings.

My friend has two bikes and long ago he got one of his bike engine bored. Recently his another bike (which is Hero Honda Achiever) also needed engine boring but instead he replaced the cylinder head to new one for 5k. Now the performance has restored and engine oil stays put. Workmanship of engine boring should be good otherwise better to go for new cylinder head.

Last edited:

Top Bottom