Honda Says Bye Bye To Existing Civic in India

Thread Starter #1
Honda has indeed anounced that they have stopped production of Civic. I can hardly believe that this day would come. The new civic too is not coming to India due to it's lukewarm response & lack of diesel engine. The 1.6 diesel used in europe will not fuit Indian conditions according to honda.

Honda now is in a real soup- Civic out of the picture, CRV out of bounds pricewise, Accord sales have also slowed down considerably, City too is under pressure though not as bad as CRV/Accord but again the lack of diesel is glaring, Jazz has always been an enigma for Honda-sales have picked up after cost reductions last sep but it's not giving any major nightmares to its competition. Not to forget the Brio which i feel is the only saving grace in Honda's portfolio.

This might actually be a good time to pick up a civic as dealers woud be clearing their stock of the last remaining units. as long as you are willing to live with a model which is no more in the market.

Farewell Honda Civic. will miss you!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Honda says bye bye to civic in India .

Honda is in plans to stop the production and say bye bye to Honda civic [anger]which enjoyed some unparalleled success when it was launched in India . But being only a petrol version offered the civic sales have taken a lot of beating since the entire country has become desiel loving nation thanx to the rising petrol prices [frustration]
For more info
SCOOP! Honda pulls plug on Civic | News | Autocar India

Re: Honda pulls plug on Civic

Guys,I believe that Honda was forced to do it due to the all time low running sales of Civic.Maybe she was a hero of the past,but today it is a sales dud which is taking a royal beating from the competition of course due to the absence of a diesel engine.BTW,a lot of new model Corolla petrols can be spotted but Civics are missing.

Rest following the practicality,before the Honda declares it officially I'll advise my friend to trade in his Civic today itself in the used car market for the price they quoted some days back(they quoted a good price) as he was planning to buy a Laura TDI.

R.I.P. oldER CIVIC.
Now I am more interested in the new girl in the town.No doubt being a Honda this one can be expected to have a curvy body with best proportions.

Honda has serious supply issues. Jazz has a good demand, however most of the dealers don't have TD cars and again there is a long waiting period for the Jazz. Jazz was the only car that did not have a discount offer. So buyers easily get converted to other cars without much convincing (also being a petrol helps here).

It is a nightmare for any petrol car to survive in India like Honda City. This is the only car even today stand neck to neck with its competition either in diesel or petrol, there is a demand for this car due to its long reliability !!

Whether we agree or not it is more like " DIESEL INDIA" , so there is a very tough competition among petrol cars, hence if some body want to survive and get ahead then they have to launch diesel versions either it is Honda or some body else.

Yes Honda Brio is some what OK with its unique styling and Honda badge again, but just think of Honda Brio is offered in diesel !! what happens[clap]

Who knows Honda comes with a diesel CIVIC !!

Thread Starter #6
Do you guys think the design of Civic is dated? In fact if you look at it, civic looks somewhat like the new Elantra from Hyundai stable. The only grudge is the absence of diesel. They couldv'e thought of a slight makeover with cosmetic changes to keep the product going. Probably theyv'e done their math. maybe im wrong. But Im sure about one thing, civic was a drivers delight & had one heck of a cockpit which no other car could match till this date. what a pity!!!

Honda is probably cutting its losses by discontinuing civic. The numbers its currenty selling doesn't justify an entire manufacturing assembly line...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Civic has a elegant and timeless design. It did not over do the curves and angles..just the right proportions (unlike the fluidic concept of Hyundai), which looks good on some and preposterous on the others.
Would not be surprised if Civic becomes a collectible 6-8 years down the line.

Its really a bad news, its just a awesome looking machine though i can understand, how high petrol prices can lower the sales of such a nice machine.

I just love the cockpit,dual dashboard design of civic as well as exterior.

Its a real sad news for people like us.
I guess may be honda is thinking something right now and will be back soon with something that can take away the pain.

Thread Starter #10
Wonder what will happen to the resale value of Civic going forward. Honda cars are known to hold on to their values but if the models phased out then I don't think even Civic can survive the consequences. Corolla will benefit most out of this. Whatever little percentage of people were buying civic will surely shift to the next best alternative which is still the Corolla Altis

I really wonder how Honda dealer's are managing to stay afloat? now with just 5 models which are all petrol are the dealer's even making money?

I don't think there is any future for Honda in India if it doesn't launch diesel. Sure, Jazz & Brio do well but these are least profit making cars for India. So, wonder how long it will be feasible for them. I pity those who bought city in this year !! They could have got civic at discounted rates today than buy city V.

I knew this is gonna happen soon. And i even mention this in one of the threads. The main reason behind this is the new model of civic. I personally don't like the new civic. Current civic is just amazing.

And the second reason is definitely the low sales for the civic. Civic ranges from 12-15 L ex showroom and now days seeing the petrol prices rising like anything, customers have a lot of options within that price range and too in diesel.

Maybe Honda stopped the production of civic as of right now having a plan on their table to launch it again as a diesel version down the line.

Attaching few pictures of the new Civic.

Attachments

New Civic's were poorly received worldwide, how difficult is it for Honda to borrow Diesel technology from other's till they develop their own, is it Arrogance? or Ignorance?

New Civic's were poorly received worldwide, how difficult is it for Honda to borrow Diesel technology from other's till they develop their own, is it Arrogance? or Ignorance?
Both.
Toyota has been their arch rival but it's Hyundai which world wide has given the most problems to Honda .

Top Bottom