Honda Recalls 31,000 Units of Brio & Amaze (Now Accord & CR-V Too!)

Honda recalls 31000 Brio/Amaze

Honda has decided to recall 15623 units of Brio and 15603 units of Amaze to inspect Proportioning Valve for a possible defect. All these models are manufactured between 28.02.13 and 16.01.14. These cars are non-ABS, petrol models.

Proportioning Valve is the part of Brake system which adjusts brake distribution pressure to the wheels. Proportioning valve is not a part of braking system for ABS variants & therefore the ABS variants of Brio & Petrol Amaze and all variants of Diesel Amaze do not require any inspection.

For more details:
https://www.hondacarindia.com/mediacenter/view_press_releases.aspx?pr_id=306

By the way, my Brio is included in this recall.[confused]

Last edited:
Re: Honda recalls 31000 Brio/Amaze

My Brio is also included for checkup. I have registered for Service appointment. My 3rd service is due on this weekend, will try to get it checked out during that time.

Re: Honda Recalls 31,000 Units of Brio & Amaze

My Brio is a ABS variant, so I ain't in the list. But will be eager to find the cause and how they deal with it

My Brio is a ABS variant, so I ain't in the list. But will be eager to find the cause and how they deal with it
Me too, VMT was the only variant with ABS and Airbags when i purchased it. Will tell to cousin brother who has Amaze SMT Petrol.

My car is from the same batch , already confirmed that with Honda , Honda ASS will take cars asper batch wise , will wait for their call .

Re: Honda Brio Sedan? It's Honda Amaze

Honda Amaze Brake issue recall .

Dear Customer,

We at Honda would like to thank you for your association with Honda products and hope you are enjoying your ownership experience.

Honda Cars India Ltd (HCIL) is carrying out inspection of Proportioning Valve of 15,623 units of non-ABS variants of Brio and 15,603 units of non-ABS variants of Petrol Amaze manufactured from 28 February 2013 to 16 January 2014.

There is possibility that in some of these cars there is mis-assembly of Proportioning Valve. However no complaint related to this part has been reported. HCIL will voluntarily replace the Proportioning Valve after inspection, if required. The inspection and replacement would be carried out free of cost at HCIL dealerships across India, and the owners will be contacted individually in a phased manner.

Proportioning Valve is the part of Brake system which adjusts brake distribution pressure to the wheels. Proportioning valve is not a part of braking system for ABS variants & therefore the ABS variants of Brio & Petrol Amaze and all variants of Diesel Amaze do not require any inspection. [frustration]

I gave my Brio for 3rd Service and inquired about the Recall of Brio/Amaze for Brake valve replacement and asked him to check, as mine was included in the recalled batch. He said its not required to replace as the valve manufacturing module is D batch which doesn't require replacement[clap].

Only E batches will be replaced by D ones. aah Sigh relieved.[;)]

So, has anyone recieved any letter from Honda ? We are yet to recieve for our Amaze Petrol

Last edited:

How to check the batch of valve, can you elaborate. Where it is located in car.

I gave my Brio for 3rd Service and inquired about the Recall of Brio/Amaze for Brake valve replacement and asked him to check, as mine was included in the recalled batch. He said its not required to replace as the valve manufacturing module is D batch which doesn't require replacement[clap].

Only E batches will be replaced by D ones. aah Sigh relieved.[;)]

How to check the batch of valve, can you elaborate. Where it is located in car.
Hi Manish,

If you could locate the Brake valve under the hood is on left side top corner in Silver color with 3-4 pipes attached to it. On it alphabet D or E will be embedded. If it's 'E' it will be replaced by 'D'.

That's what Service center guy told me[;)]

I will check it for sure myself first
Hi Manish,

If you could locate the Brake valve under the hood is on left side top corner in Silver color with 3-4 pipes attached to it. On it alphabet D or E will be embedded. If it's 'E' it will be replaced by 'D'.

That's what Service center guy told me[;)]

Thread Starter #13
Honda CR-V, Accord recalled in India

Honda Cars India Ltd (HCIL) has announced that it will replace the passenger side airbag inflator in select units of the Honda Accord and Honda CR-V as a preventive measure. HCIL will recall 1,085 units of the Honda Accord and 252 units of the CR-V manufactured in 2003 for the replacement. One unit of the Honda CR-V manufactured in 2002 will also get a new airbag inflator.
Honda has said that a problem during the propellant forming process may damage the casing of the inflator when the airbag is deployed, in the event of an accident or in any other situation, thereby .

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-news/honda-cr-v-accord-recalled-in-india-389289.aspx

Thread Starter #14
Honda recalls Brio, Amaze, CR-V in India

Honda recalls 2338 units of Brio, Amaze, CR-V to replace air bag inflator.

There has been no reporting of any incident related to this part in India. The replacement would be carried out free of cost at HCIL dealerships across India, and the owners will be contacted individually. The customers can also check whether their car will be covered under this recall by submitting their 17 character alpha-numeric Vehicle Identification Number.
Honda recalls 2338 units of Brio, Amaze, CR-V to replace air bag inflator - The Economic Times

Re: Honda recalls Brio, Amaze, CR-V in India

Checked for my Brio using VIN number and my car isn't part of the recall. So no faulty airbag inflator in my car. "Peace of Mind" justified.

Top Bottom