Honda Launches Updated City!

Earlier i readed on many sites and newspapers that honda has made their CRTd-i diesel engines and they will be launching it soon in india but it has been four months since then no diesel city is been heard can u plz guide till whn it will be launched in india

Hello to all

About a week ago i was convinced on buying the verna crdi. I already have a verna vtvt in the family and i dont do more than 800km a month so i figured il go in for a Honda City as they are reliable and i wont have two of the same cars. I took a TD of both the manual and the auto. They were both great. I loved the auto. Infact i asked for another test drive to make up my mind. The S-MT works upto 9.7 on road and the auto about 11.10. Its a really big jump considering id be spending more on the car and the fuel.

Could someone give me the mileage of the auto in the city with a/c on. I felt the gearbox in the manual was not as smoothbas the verna. However, i could feel the power of the ivtech engine more than the vtvt. The interiors are plain and simple in the city, although i wish the central console was more visually appealing. I will be using this car for about 4-5 years. Honda seems like its reliable and hopefully shoudnt have many problems. Do i buy the road side assistance and extended warranty package? Also, please give me any opinions and comments. Thanks

Harishn,
Im not sure about the mileage of city auto, but it should be in the range of 9 with ac. I guess this is the only car in this price bracket to come with paddle shifters which is great. Moreove since it is an auto, I suggest take take the extended warranty & RSA because normal workshops won't be able to fix anything. The centre console is an eyesore I agree. people keep talking about it not having a cd player but come to think of it, who uses cds nowadays? Everythings on i pods & usb drives! Btw the new colour in the city looks rocking, opt for it if possible...

Thanks Jazzy. I opted for the white one, always wanted a white car. Yeah the new red looks really nice. Also i noticed you added the side step scuff illuminators in your car. The dealer is quoting 10k for it. I was looking at vicky.in its only about 2k there. Will the quality differ? Also, will it be a safer bet to go with the dealer incase of any wiring problems etc.
Im also thinking of upgrading the wheels/alloys to 16" to make the car look fuller. The dealer has advised against it saying i will get a mileage drop of 1-2 km easily. What are your views on that? Thanks

Thanks Jazzy. I opted for the white one, always wanted a white car. Yeah the new red looks really nice. Also i noticed you added the side step scuff illuminators in your car. The dealer is quoting 10k for it. I was looking at vicky.in its only about 2k there. Will the quality differ? Also, will it be a safer bet to go with the dealer incase of any wiring problems etc.
Im also thinking of upgrading the wheels/alloys to 16" to make the car look fuller. The dealer has advised against it saying i will get a mileage drop of 1-2 km easily. What are your views on that? Thanks
Did you consider the new ford fiesta too? If you have not bought the city yet why not go and just take a test drive of the new fiesta auto and manual .i have driven the auto version and it's a mind blowing car with some great features.

that takes the top end version to be 11.5 lakhs on-road, base version costing 9.5 lakhs, on-road! what is honda thinking??? cant blame them when the car sells like hot cakes.

moreover the alloys look very boring. the ones on the thailand version were much much better.

Does the top end version (11.5 lakhs) have Automatic Climate Control yet??

Anyone have any suggestions on accessories i can add on in my new SMT. Im thinking of the side step illumination,exhaust pipe finisher(honda or after market?), tweeters( dont know if i should go for the honda ones or buy a set of rockford fosgate), sparco racing pedals, sparco gear knob..anything else i can add on.?

Earlier i readed on many sites and newspapers that honda has made their CRTd-i diesel engines and they will be launching it soon in india but it has been four months since then no diesel city is been heard can u plz guide till whn it will be launched in india
The info which I have is Honda will be launching diesel first in Accord & then will come to CR-V & City. Don't expect City diesel before mid-2013.

Anyone have any suggestions on accessories i can add on in my new SMT. Im thinking of the side step illumination,exhaust pipe finisher(honda or after market?), tweeters( dont know if i should go for the honda ones or buy a set of rockford fosgate), sparco racing pedals, sparco gear knob..anything else i can add on.?
Good quality mud flaps.[;)] And for side step illumination check this out first :-

http://www.myteamcity.com/redirect.php?tid=5527&goto=lastpost

Last edited:
Congrats buddy. Side step illuminated garnish can be fitted outside easily at much cheaper rates. It took about an hour for the 4 doors. I suggest don't upgrade wheels immediately. Get a hang of the car & see if you actually need it. As it is its an auto & may result in further FE drop, so stick to stock tyres for the time being IMO....

Jazzy could you please tell me how much you paid for your side step garnishes?

I'm getting them for 3500 outside and 11,000 at the honda showroom. The wiring is not cut right? Also, is there much of a difference in the quality from the showroom one and the one you can get outside? Could you send me a link of the pictures of the one you had put in your jazz, i saw them a while back. Cant find it now. Thanks

Jazzy could you please tell me how much you paid for your side step garnishes?

I'm getting them for 3500 outside and 11,000 at the honda showroom. The wiring is not cut right? Also, is there much of a difference in the quality from the showroom one and the one you can get outside? Could you send me a link of the pictures of the one you had put in your jazz, i saw them a while back. Cant find it now. Thanks
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-parts/6266-door-scuff-plates-honda-jazz.html

This costed me 1800 bucks done from a auto accessory shop. At 11000 its not worth going in for it at all.

Thanks Jazzy i will get that done outside then. Also do you think its worth paying 3500 for a tail pipe finisher? Or do you get better ones outside for cheaper?

Top Bottom