Honda Jazz Duplicate Keys

Thread Starter #1
Lost my key(with remote) 4 days ago; searched everywhere but could not find it. Asked Honda for replacement & Honda says it will cost Rs 4000.00 for duplicate key(with remote) and will cost Rs 10,000.00 for replacing the whole set i.e. all locks and keys. Has anybody got the same done?? The cost seems to be much on the higher side.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a typical price since the rfid tag inside the key also has to be replaced. Only a factory option.

350Z

Core Team
Has anybody got the same done?? The cost seems to be much on the higher side.
Even though the price looks to be on the higher side, it is ideal to replace the complete lock set for the sake of car’s security.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I think there is no other way for this problem. Honda might be ripping for this problem but you can not get it done outside.

For safety of the car, as suggested replace the complete set.

Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the advice. I will get the full set replaced as correctly advised by you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
now that the key is lost it is advisable replacing it with a new set. But one question here, doesn't honda comes with 2 set of keys? I had 2 keys for the Ritz.Both keys have the same key tag(rfid).

Did you loose your 2nd key as well if it was there, is that what you mean?

now that the key is lost it is advisable replacing it with a new set. But one question here, doesn't honda comes with 2 set of keys? I had 2 keys for the Ritz.Both keys have the same key tag(rfid).

Did you loose your 2nd key as well if it was there, is that what you mean?
Yes, Honda comes with 2 keys, one with the remote and the other normal one. Both have RFID tags in them. The issue with Paul is that he has lost one key and for safety sake (as advised by everyone), needs to change the entire locks. This means not only the door but also the ignition lock. And this is why the cost has escalated.

If he wanted another duplicate key, it would have been Rs.4000/- only which I think is more or less standard now. The dealer would take a blank key, cut the grooves and then program the embedded RFID chip.

With changing the whole set however he will get an entire new set of keys and his old keys will be useless.

Thread Starter #8
Yes, Honda comes with 2 keys, one with the remote and the other normal one. Both have RFID tags in them. The issue with Paul is that he has lost one key and for safety sake (as advised by everyone), needs to change the entire locks. This means not only the door but also the ignition lock. And this is why the cost has escalated.

If he wanted another duplicate key, it would have been Rs.4000/- only which I think is more or less standard now. The dealer would take a blank key, cut the grooves and then program the embedded RFID chip.

With changing the whole set however he will get an entire new set of keys and his old keys will be useless.
Right Chayan. My dealer did not have the complete set of Jazz Keys/locks with him and he has ordered for the same. I expect to get the same within next week.

Top Bottom