Honda Dio Ownership Review - My Wild Kitten

Thread Starter #17
Re: My Wild Kitten - The Honda Dio [HET]

Updates on my Dio

Today I gave it for 2nd free service (4 months from date of purchase). No issues were present and they have done only Engine Oil change.

Engine Oil cost - 260
Washer - 2
Consumables - 10

Total - 270 (Rounded)

Total KM till date - 85

Yeah due to heavy rain and worst road conditions I couldn't take the vehicle out, instead I use my car. Lets see what happen after rainy season. [roll]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #19

Congrats CRACING on your Honda Dio. Why didn't you consider the Honda Activa 125?
Thanks.

I personally didn't liked the design of Activa and thats the only reason. Also I'm a fan of Dio since from launch.

Last edited:

Thanks.

I personally didn't liked the design and thats the only reason. Also I'm a fan of Dio since from launch.
Sure, but what about the engine? I have a dio and i ( Personal Opinion ) think that the engine it has is crappy.

Thread Starter #21

Sure, but what about the engine? I have a duo and i ( Personal Opinion ) think that the engine it has is crappy.
Hmm, didn't felt that instead I feel its more powerful. Couldn't control back power sometimes.

125cc cost from 65 to 71 excluding accessories so may be I couldn't have afforded it.

Last edited:

I have the 2012 Honda Dio. It is the same one as yours not the old one.

Last edited:

Oh yes i totally forgot. You have the HET Honda Dio right? Well wishing you many safe miles with the wild kitten.

CRACING !!

How's your Dio performing now?

I was in for Dio, however wifey preferred an Activa and we got a 110cc Activa for OTR Rs. 60,747.00 including accessories in August 2014 and the vehicle has done 21,500 kms in the last 4 years and 3 months.

Thread Starter #28
CRACING !!

How's your Dio performing now?

I was in for Dio, however wifey preferred an Activa and we got a 110cc Activa for OTR Rs. 60,747.00 including accessories in August 2014 and the vehicle has done 21,500 kms in the last 4 years and 3 months.
Its performing good. Actually when in free service I started facing issues with battery and ASC smelled fishy. May be they have swapped it with weak battery of other/old vehicle and may be also other parts. [roll] Later I changed the battery to Amaron and so far I have no major problems. Never went to ASC after free services.

I do Engine oil (Motul Scooter LE 10w30) change myself every year and also changed gear oil recently. Its running butter smooth since then, however I mostly use my car so my scooter's odometer is very low.

Activa has a good power-to-weight ratio so it feels well balanced on road but dio is somewhat unstable. Overtaking, doing curves and etc aren't easy as my old LML scooter. Plus the horrible front suspensions makes the ride uncomfortable. Only thing I like is the design and engine performance.

Last edited:
Its performing good. Actually when in free service I started facing issues with battery and ASC smelled fishy. May be they have swapped it with weak battery of other/old vehicle and may be also other parts. [roll] Later I changed the battery to Amaron and so far I have no major problems. Never went to ASC after free services.

I do Engine oil (Motul Scooter LE 10w30) change myself every year and also changed gear oil recently. Its running butter smooth since then, however I mostly use my car so my scooter's odometer is very low.

Activa has a good power-to-weight ratio so it feels well balanced on road but dio is somewhat unstable. Overtaking, doing curves and etc aren't easy as my old LML scooter. Plus the horrible front suspensions makes the ride uncomfortable. Only thing I like is the design and engine performance.

Happy and Safe miles. Keep updating.

Any updates on mileage ?

Top Bottom