All-New Honda Civic Launched in India

Nairrk

Honoured Member
New Honda Civic iVTEC and iDTEC spied undisguised in India

3btuc6ls_new-honda-civic-spied-ahead-of-launch_625x300_11_February_19.jpg

It’s going to be Honda Civic’s second innings in the country, after it was discontinued in 2013 due to flagging sales. All-new Civic will be launched in March and deliveries will start in the same month.

10th generation Honda Civic gets a complete makeover and it looks a lot stunning, as compared to its predecessor. Here are some key things you should know about all-new Civic, which is Honda’s largest selling global model, with over 24 million customers across 170 countries.

new-honda-civic-spied-front-rear-red-white-colour-launch-price-3.jpg

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2019 Honda Civic bookings now open as launch nears

The launch is expected to happen by the end of February or early March this year. Before the official launch, Honda dealerships across India have started taking the bookings for the car. The pre-order booking can be done at Rs. 51,000 and the amount is refundable. It should be noted that Honda is yet to start the official bookings for the all-new Civic in the Indian market. These bookings are taken by the dealerships exclusively.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2019 Honda Civic fuel efficiency figures revealed

On the ARAI test cycle, the 2019 Honda Civic petrol returns 16.5kpl, while the Civic diesel returns 26.8kpl. The new Honda Civic petrol will only get a CVT with paddle shifters and three drive modes (Eco, Drive and Sport), while the Civic diesel will only get a 6-speed manual gearbox. The 1.8-litre petrol engine’s figures – 141hp and 174Nm – mean that while it isn’t the most powerful in its class, the Civic petrol can match the best in the segment on the fuel efficiency front.

Read:

As both the engine options are low on power figure in comparison to other D segment sedans baring elantra,s 1.6 diesel ,does it translates into an optimistic price tag for the buyers ,my guess is no as they are launching only one variant that too the top spec and the current market trend is NOT to give a shocker price as all the recent launches like santro , wagan r, kicks and harrier were launched at premium price band , gone the days when products were launched with positive surprise like xuv 500 ,ecosport
Hope honda proves me wrong and launch civic at 1.5 to 2.0 L premium over city( as feature wise they are identical more or less) that will be around 16-17 L ex showroom as city zx ivtec auto and zx idetec cost around 14 L ex showroom
At that price point civic might revive the dying D segment and return the legacy civic once had

As both the engine options are low on power figure in comparison to other D segment sedans baring elantra,s 1.6 diesel ,does it translates into an optimistic price tag for the buyers ,my guess is no as they are launching only one variant that too the top spec and the current market trend is NOT to give a shocker price as all the recent launches like santro , wagan r, kicks and harrier were launched at premium price band , gone the days when products were launched with positive surprise like xuv 500 ,ecosport
Hope honda proves me wrong and launch civic at 1.5 to 2.0 L premium over city( as feature wise they are identical more or less) that will be around 16-17 L ex showroom as city zx ivtec auto and zx idetec cost around 14 L ex showroom
At that price point civic might revive the dying D segment and return the legacy civic once had
Pricing it for just a 2lac difference over CITY may not be possible because feature wise the car has many extra features.
Honda is never known to launch the cars at competitive prices in their respected segments.
I guess its going to be at par with top end Skoda Octavia models.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2019 Honda Civic to launch in India on 7 March, could cost INR 18-22 lakh

2019-honda-civic-official-image-side-profile-752c.jpg

The 2019 Honda Civic, which was listed online in India recently, will launch on 7 March. Dealer-level pre-bookings are reportedly underway for a token amount of INR 1 lakh.

The India-spec 2019 Honda Civic will be sold with five paint options - Platinum White Pearl, Radiant Red, Modern Steel, Lunar Silver and Golden Brown. Available in only a fully-loaded ZX grade, it may cost somewhere between INR 18-22 lakh (ex-showroom).
2019-honda-civic-at-2018-thai-motor-expo-images-fr-4444.jpg

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
All-New 2019 Honda Civic Comes With 8 Segment-First Features In India

As part of expanding its premium portfolio, Honda Cars India revealed the new CR-V and Civic at the 2018 Auto Expo. As promised the CR-V went on sale in October 2018 while the returning Civic will officially enter the domestic market on March 7. Pre-bookings have begun across Honda’s authorised chain of sales outlets for Rs. 31,000 from yesterday.

2019-honda-civic-first-drive-review-india-gaadiwaadi-20-696x434.jpg

Among the first-in-class features, the Electronic Parking Brake with Brake Hold comes handy during stop-and-go traffic and it can be activated via pull of a switch easily. The Agile Handling Assist helps in maintaining stability especially during cornering by actively braking the inside wheels. When you distance yourself away from the Civic by 2.5 metres with the keys in hand, the Walk Away Locking feature automatically locks the sedan immediately.

2019-honda-civic-first-drive-review-india-gaadiwaadi-22-640x379.jpg

Read:

Went through a lots of reviews on the net and man i,m impressed,everyone is doing praises about the ride and handling of the car even with increased G C of 171 mm which in my opinion is enough to take the potholes and speed breakers of the roads
1. Additional information which i got about the variants is their will be 3 in both namely V , VX and ZX
2 . The likely ex showroom pricing of 15 xx,16xx and 18 xx or 18L on road for V and 21 L for ZX both for petrol and diesel ( as petrol is auto and 1.8 while diesel is manual and 1.6 )
3. To me it seems killer pricing ( non realistic ) but it is possible as its about 4 L higher to the same same variants of honda city and if i remember correctly the difference in previous gen honda city and civic was in the same range in 2006 when city was around 6.5-7.0 ex showroom the manual version of civic was 10.5 L while auto was 11.25 L
4. I do see a scope for civic in the market as the sedan segment has been dead for a long time esp the premium one and the c+ segment is also devoid of choices as city main design essence is since 2009 ( 10 years old ) verna has the same story since 2011 ( 8 yrs ) vento and rapid since 2010 ( 9 yrs ) ciaz 2013 ( 6 yrs ) so any one who is in the market for an executive sedan civic might make sense ,BUT with a sensible price tag so honda i wish a decent pricing rather then accord/crv like pricing so this car can regain its legacy and let the car-makers introduce proper NEW not face lift sort of generations of c+ sedans which have become boring with times .

I am not sure of the prospect of introducing 4-5 variants for these cars in the current D1 market situation. The average model sells hardly 100-200 units per month. Why not simplify things and have 2 fully loaded variants ? Someone paying 20 lac plus will not exactly penny pinch by opting out of sunroof, projector headlamps etc. Civic will have mostly an upper middle class clientele, who is typically well aware of the international brand position.
I was looking at D1 options recently before settling on the Honda City. The Civic on offer has a 1.8 lt, 140BHP/174NM petrol engine. Per reports, the kerb weight of the Civic is around 1300 kg, so the power to weight ratio is near identical to that of the City. Which means the driving experience is likely to be the same.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
New Honda Civic Petrol & Diesel Variants Likely To Carry Same Price Tag

honda-civic-1-2-1068x679.jpg

The tenth-generation Civic will be offered in a choice of petrol and diesel engines. The lack of a diesel powerplant played a major part in the discontinuation of the eight-generation model in India. This time around Honda is not making the same mistake as the 1.6-litre Earth Dreams i-DTEC DOHC diesel engine that debuted in the CR-V is being used.

We expect the petrol CVT and diesel MT to be priced on the same range with the starting price at around Rs. 19 lakh (ex-showroom). The Civic may not be offered in an expansive price bracket as the City and the cost difference between both the petrol CVT and diesel MT transmissions will be narrowed down just as any normal cases. The lower grade will have changes like projector headlamps and 16-inch alloy wheels.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2019 Honda Civic now reaching stockyards, 'V' & 'VX' grades snapped

2019-honda-civic-vx-i-vtec-petrol-exterior-86c2.jpg

The images show two units of the 2019 Honda Civic, one in Radiant Red Metallic and the other in Golden Brown Metallic. The red sample is in ‘V’ grade, while the brown car is in ‘VX’ grade. We already know that the range-topping grade is called ‘ZX’.

2019-honda-civic-v-i-dtec-diesel-interior-69aa.jpg

The V and VX grades feature projector headlamps instead of LED headlamps and 16-inch alloy wheels wrapped in 215/55 R16 tyres instead of 17-inch alloy wheels shod with 215/50 R17 tyres. The V grade has a non-touch 5-inch Display Audio audio system, while the VX grade seems to have the same 7-inch Display Audio touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as the ZX grade.

2019-honda-civic-v-i-dtec-diesel-right-side-437c.jpg

2019-honda-civic-vx-i-vtec-petrol-left-side-3134.jpg

2019-honda-civic-vx-i-vtec-petrol-rear-eb71.jpg

2019-honda-civic-vx-i-vtec-petrol-ce36.jpg

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Honda Civic demand more than expected – Production starts in India

honda-civic-production-starts-india-amazing-demand.jpg

Honda Cars India is set to introduce the next generation Civic facelift in India on 7th March 2019. Ahead of that, the company announced today that production has officially started at the company plant in Greater Noida. The first Honda Civic unit for customer dispatch, rolled out from the production line earlier today.

Read:

An insider information suggests that Honda is targeting sales of civic in range of 2000/month for which the V trim will be priced very competitively
As far as information ( can,t verify ) the V trim will serve as V trim of Honda city ( absolute bang on bucks ) and will under cut the psychological price barrier of 15 L
However the fully loaded version ZX will be priced between 19-20 L ex showroom
If this happens i feel that honda might just achieve their targets as for me the V trim at that price point will be a compelling buy for many esp with very frugal diesel , the legacy of civic and excellent ride and handling ( according to the reviews ) and finally 171 mm of GC is good enough for urban dwellers

these are ex showroom prices or on road prices ,as in first case ( on road ) they are very lucrative and in accordance to the price quote given to me by insider ,while if they are ex showroom prices then they are high and will cause this beautiful product to become a sales dud

Top Bottom